VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Hi bonss, I'm in the same boat, I'd like to push myself and go for the longer distance, but am definitely not a b grade rider. We could just race each other for second last in B?

I'm really just wanting to see how I go at the ~40km.
Go the 42km distance I reckon - nothing like getting out of your comfort zone!

Knut

Troll hunter
Hi bonss, I'm in the same boat, I'd like to push myself and go for the longer distance, but am definitely not a b grade rider. We could just race each other for second last in B?

I'm really just wanting to see how I go at the ~40km. What we really need is more women racing so this whole discussion becomes irrelevant, but that's for another thread.

Now, to cunningly organise my MIL's 70th, so I can actually make this race. Looking forward to it
Yes! We NEED more women! Post of the week, congratulations.

Girls have. Boyfriends, who become husbands. They race mixed pairs, they have kids. They teach their kids to ride and love bikes. Girls put the fun back into racing. Girls make awesome committee members. Girls do timing very, very well. Girls make good commissaires. Girls ride for fun, not sheep stations. Girls bring their friends when they have a good time.

Well done monc, tell your friends how awesome the people are and what a great sport it is.

akashra

Eats Squid
For anyone who's been holding off on entering until they see waht the weather does, forget it. The forecast for both Bendigo and Castlemaine over the next few days varies between -1 to 13 from Thursday through to Sunday, all being cloudy or sunny.

Unfortunately based on that -1 on two of the days, I may have to revise my comment of "It never snows in Redesdale".

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Unfortunately based on that -1 on two of the days, I may have to revise my comment of "It never snows in Redesdale".
I did see one bloke with a set of snow skis at Albury on Saturday. When I asked what they are for, he said "you never know". It's a fine line between nutbag and genius!

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid

Knut

Troll hunter
Were you on the track when the hail stones were bouncing everywhere. That descent was a bit out there after the deluge, but it held up pretty well.

I hope we don't cop that at Redesdale!

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Were you on the track when the hail stones were bouncing everywhere. That descent was a bit out there after the deluge, but it held up pretty well.

I hope we don't cop that at Redesdale!
If you are talking about Albury, yes I was out there. It got a bit cold and wet but wasn't too bad. I took it pretty easy on the descents.
The forecast for Sunday looks good, but l now have a chest infection, so I think I'll give it a miss.

akashra

Eats Squid
I've posted a set of photos take out during our final course inspection today at Mt Lofty. Despite all the drizzle and sleet driving up there, there was virtually no water or sloppy ground to be seen at Mt Lofty itself. The trail is so tacky you wouldn't want to be a fly landing on it.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.441548842532025.95423.141775365842709&type=1

We're already planning the event for 2013 - in fact, I believe I can already say we've secured much better facilities and extended trail for the 2013 event; but on top of that, there's already plans for another event at the end of Summer/beginning of Autumn 2013 of a completely different nature, one which I don't believe has ever been done before :) But that's a discussion for another thread.

Knut

Troll hunter
The racing never stops

I love this sport!

Travelling to ride exotic trails and sharing them with amazing people. So good.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
I've posted a set of photos take out during our final course inspection today at Mt Lofty. Despite all the drizzle and sleet driving up there, there was virtually no water or sloppy ground to be seen at Mt Lofty itself. The trail is so tacky you wouldn't want to be a fly landing on it.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.441548842532025.95423.141775365842709&type=1

Track looks good, won't need my mud tyres after all.
I am a bit worried about a dam at a place called Mount Lofty, and it looked a bit full, any more rain and we might have a swim leg, or an ice skating leg.

akashra

Eats Squid
We will be re-routing around the dam, as in consult and agreement with the RIC today, we do not deem it to be safe.

adz

Likes Dirt
Hi

Is there a website to look for details? Rego? Race time? Directions?

How long do you estimate to get there from Geelong?

Cheers

Adz