VIC 2013 VES Enduro Series.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Giving this thread some love... :juggle:

Doesn't appear to be many entrants thus far...:noidea:

I've got my accommodation booked and the wife and I (and little one) will be making a weekend of it; if you see me struggling along at the rear of the field on my Titus feel free to have a chat :embarassed:

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Giving this thread some love... :juggle:

Doesn't appear to be many entrants thus far...:noidea:

I've got my accommodation booked and the wife and I (and little one) will be making a weekend of it; if you see me struggling along at the rear of the field on my Titus feel free to have a chat :embarassed:
Looking forward to it!!! Still not many entries...

Bundy boy

Likes Dirt
Has any other single speeders rode the course at Beauty?
There is no way l can get on the podium even with a geared bike so l am thinking about setting my own ss challenge, just for shits and giggles and to say l have :)

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
Has any other single speeders rode the course at Beauty?
There is no way l can get on the podium even with a geared bike so l am thinking about setting my own ss challenge, just for shits and giggles and to say l have :)
Keep in mind it's a new course from the last few years, which eliminates the full climb that we used to do. I think it would be more SS friendly than previous courses with about half the climbing per lap, and more punchy climbs after the first bit out of transition.

My advice is that you would be using your 3rd gear by 6hrs end ;)

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Keep in mind it's a new course from the last few years, which eliminates the full climb that we used to do. I think it would be more SS friendly than previous courses with about half the climbing per lap, and more punchy climbs after the first bit out of transition.

My advice is that you would be using your 3rd gear by 6hrs end ;)
What does more punchy climbs mean? Do you mean steeper?

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
Yeh from memory it's less of the straight long climb we had before in the 2nd part of the climb after you get out of the village, but the newer loop has a few shorter climbs. Nothing too crazy steep though. I was fine riding my 1x10 with a 36t up front.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I read somewhere that the course would be marked by Thursday. I think it was Team Mt Beauty website.

I hope so as I'm heading up on Thursday morning and wouldn't mind having a spin in the arvo :)

Sent from my LG-P705 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

monc

Likes Dirt
Are the series points available anywhere? I've tried the link on the Vic Enduro Series website, but it just re-directs as a broken link to Big Hill Events home page

EDIT: All good, linky working now

Last edited:

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did a not so quick preride of the course today, is a ripper but challenging course... Managed to roll my tire off my front rim on my first lap which killed any confidents for the second lap.

If you haven't left home yet, make sure you pack your climbing legs!

Sent from my LG-P705 using Tapatalk 2

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Hope everybody has a great race and the 1.5 pts works for numbers. Family commitments have kept me away but keen for the series to prosper like always.

Last edited:

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Thanks to Team Mount Beauty for an awesome day out! The hills almost killed me but the sun, atmosphere and downhills were oh so sweet! :) great fun!

Propagate

Likes Dirt
Mt Beauty. Wow. What a lovely place. We stayed in Bright for the weekend. Our first time up to the Alpine region, and what an eye opener. Absolutely sensational place, can't wait to go back for some exploring.

Great riding up there. Very well organized event too. Loved the track, (although my legs are still sore).

I noticed a few photogs out there, does anyone know if there are photo's are posted on the net somewhere?

Cheers.