2019 Yeti's

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Shit review, learnt almost nothing...not up to PB’s usual standards.

Lifetime warranty eh - like to read the small print on that.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wonder, when hitting rocks/trees etc with cranks, how much load/damage that can cause a frame/BB area, I'd assume there could always be problems, but seems like hitting same straight on with the frame would be a worse situation...?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I wonder, when hitting rocks/trees etc with cranks, how much load/damage that can cause a frame/BB area, I'd assume there could always be problems, but seems like hitting same straight on with the frame would be a worse situation...?
It would be because the inpact is localised on a part of the bike that really isn’t meant to take it.

Yeah rings aren’t either but $100 replacement vs. couple of grand for the frame?

I can’t see it being that common a thing though. My scout comes out like that. Nowhere near as drastic but yeah, still like that

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It would be because the inpact is localised on a part of the bike that really isn’t meant to take it.

Yeah rings aren’t either but $100 replacement vs. couple of grand for the frame?

I can’t see it being that common a thing though. My scout comes out like that. Nowhere near as drastic but yeah, still like that
Na I mean if you hit a ring (or crank arm), fair enough it that breaks or fails, better than a frame, but the forces are still transmittited into the frame/BB area and expecially press fit BB arn't really known for for staying happy in in carbon frames when things arn't perfect. Probably not an issue, just wondering.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That kink in the bottom is why the Yeti fits a water bottle and the Pivot Firebird 29er doesn’t.
Good on Yeti for fitting it in.

Last edited:

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sb100 still very high on my list next year. Best looking Yeti in years and geometry is spot on for what I want. Frame weight is a touch heavier than it's direct competitors (Intense Sniper, Santa Cruz Blur) but from ride reports it's a lot stiffer in the rear end.

My biggest issue is finding a demo for said bikes. The last time I demoed a bike before buying was 2008 lol. Luckily there's an Intense demo day in the You Yang's coming up so that's my best chance to get a spin on the Sniper.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
VITAL Link is here

They did have to shrink the Switch Infinity system for the SB100 to fit that way. I'm guessing they're keeping the larger switch infinity for a reason though, and it probably has a bit to do with load bearing on the larger terrain the bike is designed to tackle.

The down tube bend forward of the BB isn't such a bother to me. But I preferred how neat the previous rear triangle/shock interface was. The new system looks like Link, Yoke, Triangle all on a concentric bolt, rather than dedicated bolts to each. Then each part of the Yoke also looks like a separate piece.

EDIT: actually, they don't look concentric. Looks like the link connects with two bolts from each side separately, and then further back there's another bolt to fit the Yoke to it. Still, not a fan of it!

EDIT2: For comparrison.
I actually don't mind that yoke. I'm assuming it's just two pieces of cnc'ed alloy. The orientation should avoid lateral loads on the shock.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk