Australian National Series - Round 2

stevenw

Pro Rider
Hey Steve just wondering where the camping is? Wondering about how dangerous that creek could be if it gets a lot of rain...
Firstly, don't listen to Josh (comment below) :D

You'll be fine where the camping is this year... No floods will get you... Its not going to flood anyway, so its all good...

Camping is where the parking was last year.

friz

Likes Dirt
will they still have those switchbacks after the bridge?
As you come off the bridge there is a right hander leading into a left hand berm, over a rock drop then on to the normal straight down the rock part over the log jump etc. We did alot of work to the track to get it ready for Nationals, safety netting weed slashing etc and trust me when I say that all the rain that the Goldcoast has had didn't really affect the track that much. the top switchbacks are hard as, and the rest is fairly dry.

Little T

Likes Dirt
You'll be fine where the camping is this year... No floods will get you... Its not going to flood anyway, so its all good...

Camping is where the parking was last year.
Does that mean it is up the road from the track and the main paddock? If so that will be fairly inconvenient.

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Because everyone wasn't happy about walking from the carpark to the track... Now everyone can park at the track where camping use to be and this should make people happy.
Personally I think I would be more annoyed about camping there for three days and having food, bike, tools a mile away from the track. People that are just turning up for the day should probably just suck it up... although it wouldn't be an MTB race without someone complaining...

akashra

Eats Squid
Well that settles it, I'll be unpacking the wheels tonight and replacing Crossmarks with ADvantage. Unless people think Monorail might be a better choice - maybe fit the Monorails and bring ADvantage just in case.

Last edited:

Liam Thomas

Likes Dirt
So even if the creek gets up a fair bit, will the racing still go on? Not so much questioning about the track conditions, but what about the actual access to the track itself?

Because last year, didn't the creek come up a little bit at the causeway?

Liam

stevenw

Pro Rider
We have a strategy plan in place if the creek does come up... Parking will be back to where it was last year and loading the bikes will also be done a different way... Its all good peoples, so don't worry to much... The track is still dry... Even if the track wasn't dry, the race will still go ahead... I've received a few calls about that and people need to remember that this is a National Series Race, not a state race... The races will go ahead even if the weather gets that bad and we need to use seeding runs as final results... But that won't happen because we will have sunshine on Sunday...

akashra

Eats Squid
Oh, something I've been trying to find out confirmation of that I thought I had heard:

The climbs on the XCO course. I've heard they're steep pinches that are quite loose. Can anyone confirm this? Ie, do they have a layer of gravel or ball-bearing like small stones over the top? Or are they just steep with a nice soft packed surface?
Or are they not steep at all?
(By 'steep' I mean 1:1 gearing or lower by A grader standards)