Australian National Series - Round 2

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys.

Ummm can someone tell me if there are any gravel/dirt/muddy roads to reach the parking lot?

just tossing what car i should take.
thanks

nexusfish

El Mariachi
if parking is in the usual place you can get in with a regular car, but with a bit of rain the river could get a bit hard to cross, go a 4x4

my mate told me that they are opeing sat practice to every one all day instead of elite in the morn and the rest after lunch. can anyone confirm this?
cheers

stevenw

Pro Rider
if parking is in the usual place you can get in with a regular car, but with a bit of rain the river could get a bit hard to cross, go a 4x4

my mate told me that they are opeing sat practice to every one all day instead of elite in the morn and the rest after lunch. can anyone confirm this?
cheers
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! That was today... Not Saturday.

akashra

Eats Squid
I've just got back from Qld and was sorting photos on the flight home. Quite a lot of DH photos, and well over a thousand (maybe a bit under) XCO and XCC photos. Tons of incredible photos which I'll try to sort and post throughout the week.

However, with the downhill, I'm trying to identify a rider. He had what I'd consider to be a massive accident almost at the end of the run at high speed, probably just before it would have come into view from the bottom, riding a Giant and in TLD/Fox gear. I have no idea if he was injured, but he was down for a long time though eventually able to get up assisted. I have a complete sequence of 7 shots of this accident, so am seeking information on who the rider was.

Note I will not be releasing these photos to the general public - requests from anyone who's not this rider or not a race organizer will be ignored.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've just got back from Qld and was sorting photos on the flight home. Quite a lot of DH photos, and well over a thousand (maybe a bit under) XCO and XCC photos. Tons of incredible photos which I'll try to sort and post throughout the week.

However, with the downhill, I'm trying to identify a rider. He had what I'd consider to be a massive accident almost at the end of the run at high speed, probably just before it would have come into view from the bottom, riding a Giant and in TLD/Fox gear. I have no idea if he was injured, but he was down for a long time though eventually able to get up assisted. I have a complete sequence of 7 shots of this accident, so am seeking information on who the rider was.

Note I will not be releasing these photos to the general public - requests from anyone who's not this rider or not a race organizer will be ignored.

Was he wearing glasses?
Washed out after the little ashgrove jump?

That was an almighty crash at a very high speed.
but he got up straight away?

maybe im thinking of a different person

akashra

Eats Squid
Definitely a different one, this wasn't washing out. This one had it nosedived off a rock dropoff just after the that crossed the XC track, on landing the bike then rebounded and threw him straight over. You could tell it wasn't going to end properly as soon as he came off the rock. He was then a complete passenger/ragdoll, and lay on the track not moving for a while. At least six riders were flagged to slow/stop for the incident and I suspect from the gap afterwards they briefly stopped all starts.

So yeah. Hopefully that's plenty of info to figure out which rider it is. I didn't get a number.

Edit: Mystery solved, I have now identified this rider.

Last edited:

Ozza

Eats Squid
Seems nasty!
If anyone knows who the person is I suggest you dont post up their name in this thread and perhaps private message it through to Akashara. I dont think it is moral to post somebodys name all over the forum who is most likely suffering at this stage, which I hope isnt the case. In some peoples mind its fame and others its shame. Just my $0.02

stevenw

Pro Rider
Hi All,

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making the weekend so BIG. I'm exhausted but it was all worth it in the end.

The Gold Coast Committee did a great job with the biggest thanks to Hayden Lester & Kaye Murrell for bringing it all together over the weekend.

To our sponors: Spotless, Global Plus, Nerang Bike Centre, Ashgrove Cycles, Rockstar, KWT Maxxis, UNIT, FTR, Norco, Oakley, Autofocus (Leatt Neckbraces) and Sram. Thanks so much. We couldn't of done it without your help and support. Especially Norman from Spotless. Thanks for all your support.

Thanks to all our marshals. because of schoolies, we couldn't rely on the help of organisations like SES, Rural fire ect. So thank you to all the parents and friends of riders for helping us out. Everyone was so nice and so giving all weekend.

Total number of riders for all events: Last count was Saturday Arvo of 637 riders. This race was HUGE!

Thanks heaps,
Jo (Steve's wife)

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
Results? haha. Are you kidding?

I took a photos of the XCO results so could probably upload those for all, but don't have any other results. I'll try to put those up with the initial photos maybe lunchtime today.

Edit: Oh yeah, and being serious now, not having results or start lists available throughout the day, and not being available by the next morning at a national level event is pretty poor (unacceptable even).

stevenw

Pro Rider
Results? haha. Are you kidding?

I took a photos of the XCO results so could probably upload those for all, but don't have any other results. I'll try to put those up with the initial photos maybe lunchtime today.

Edit: Oh yeah, and being serious now, not having results or start lists available throughout the day, and not being available by the next morning at a national level event is pretty poor (unacceptable even).
Mate, you should stop and think before you open your mouth. The reason you didn't get start lists is because so many riders did not enter online. We had 6 ladies working their arses off in the rego tent to get these riders on the track.

This is how bad it was in rego with riders who didn't enter online. We signed on 302 riders on Friday alone and Saturday was around the 76 mark. Unfortunately we are all volunteers and doing our best to run this event. Results were put up by MTBA, so I hope you weren't having a go at the Gold Coast for that one.

If you are pissed, then be pissed at the 300 + riders who didn't enter online.

Cheers
Jo (Steve's wife)

Last edited: