Australian Solo MTB Champs - Easter 2010?

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Definitely a serious race going on, lovin the online results. Still a way to go and those guys are smokin it up. Wish i was there just to watch.
Somehow I even managed to get a lap in from the comfort of my own loungeroom. I know i was coming in to some good form before i muffed up my back and shoulder but to be able to do a lap from home, that is wicked.:)

Bucket Master

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Well I am loving it from Hamburg Germany.

Some excellent racing - top work to Solo Single Speed Bucket Trevor in the 50-59 age group.

Any news on Neil Dall in this group too? I would have expected him to be right at the top

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Jase and Andy have somehow found another gear, with Andy punching out a couple of uber quick laps in the low 30mins, thats just crazy. With Jase responding having to work hard to maintain his lead

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And anti_trainer 8 minutes off 3rd - on a single speed. Hard. Core. Can't tear myself away from the results page...

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Some excellent racing - top work to Solo Single Speed Bucket Trevor in the 50-59 age group.

Any news on Neil Dall in this group too? I would have expected him to be right at the top
Keep your eyes on #99 in 50-59 category a known sandbagger but untested at this distance.
They unfortunately came up against this guy, proving his growing reputation as a sandbagger he wasn't going there to race but I knew he wouldn't be able to help himself once the gun went off. Nice work Dave!!! :cool:

Last edited:

davzab

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately couldn't race due to injury so went down just for the day yesterday just to have a geez.

Awesome atmosphere, Awesome vibe, Awesome riders. We were the '3 Stooges' who encouraged every single rider for 6hrs straight into the arvo. I think some were glad we left and others not so much as they were relying on it on it into the night..

Either way awesome effort from all involved. Jase and Andy are animals, well done guys, and Bellchambers, you are Jebus among men.

Last edited:

tegski

Likes Dirt
Fantastic 24hrs

Unfortunately couldn't race due to injury so went down just for the day yesterday just to have a geez.

Awesome atmosphere, Awesome vibe, Awesome riders. We were the '3 Stooges' who encouraged every single rider for 6hrs straight into the arvo. I think some were glad we left and others not so much as they were relying on it on it into the night..

Either way awesome effort from all involved. Jase and Andy are animals, well done guys, and Bellchambers, you are Jebus among men.
Really appreciated all of the encouragement from you - thanks.
24 hours is a very long time to keep riding - I now know this and am in awe of the fitness of all of the riders that churn out lap after lap. I managed to ride through the night and at 8am hit the wall - had to suck down a Gu and wait 5mins just to get back on the bike! Fantastic race - thanks to all! Loved the fairy lights too!

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
Awesome race - loved the vibe both in the pits and out on track. Turns out I wasn't as recovered as I thought I was... did 5hrs on Saturday and another 5 Sunday morning and am suffering a bit today. Well done to those who toughed it out for the 24.

Loved the course but its the only one that made me question the wisdom of a hardtail... even the big wheels didn't smooth out those tree roots!

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

loved having you guys on the course, made me smile everytime, guys like you are tops.

rangie

Likes Dirt
Awesome race - loved the vibe both in the pits and out on track. Turns out I wasn't as recovered as I thought I was... did 5hrs on Saturday and another 5 Sunday morning and am suffering a bit today. Well done to those who toughed it out for the 24.

Loved the course but its the only one that made me question the wisdom of a hardtail... even the big wheels didn't smooth out those tree roots!
yes, was prob not a hard tail kinda course....i rolled around in the wee hrs chatting, cheering people on and it was hard...track was seriously grippy after rain an only a few tricky wet/mud bits to catch out an incorrect line :)

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone know what the deal was with the photographers - there were some guys out there with some seriously fancy equipment (flashes on tripods and other cool looking stuff)

Was it a professional mob or sports photography enthusiasts? In either case, is there any chance we'll see some photos online?

P.S.
Job Advertisement
Position: Devil
Role: Need somebody to sell my soul to in return for stopping the pain in every single part of my body
Salary: One soul

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
One small thing that really spoilt the event for me though was the amount of waste that was discarded around the course... I'm used to seeing gel packets littered around the course but the waste of good broccoli that I saw... criminal...

On another note... could this be the ideal race food?

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ew. Managed to discourage me from attempting a 24 solo AND discourage me from procreation in one fell swoop.

quiggs

Likes Dirt
One small thing that really spoilt the event for me though was the amount of waste that was discarded around the course... I'm used to seeing gel packets littered around the course but the waste of good broccoli that I saw... criminal...

On another note... could this be the ideal race food?
Don't laugh at me but I actually use the banana, pear & mango, generally in training. Breaks up the taste from gels (cheaper to), awesome on a warm day if you have frozen them beforehand.

It has also become a bit of a laugh amongst my "pretty boy triathlon training buddies "what the hell am I going to bring to eat on a training ride! I laugh at them at how much they spend on nutrition a week compared to me!

quiggs