Blatant profiteering in trading section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
its the priciple of the thing!!! hates a big word. i have no time for sly people.
Where were you principles when you lowballed me on the brakes and got them for 2/3 the listed price? AND free postage.....I shall be eyeballing fleabay :third:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I'll give away my crankset to even the balance then. Who even wants triple sets these days anyway?
Me, I bought triple XT set recently. Great chainline for the 1 x drivetrain I was putting on the new (old) bike I was building.

camoshop

Banned
I'll give away my crankset to even the balance then. Who even wants triple sets these days anyway?

That way all these needy folks who missed out on $30 set will be able to get back on the trail. Would hate to see someone with less than 3 running bikes miss out on ride time due to not having cranks.
personally i wanted it for a build to give away for free but someone else showed interest so i offered it to them as i was first in line!!

ots good he finally got caught out.

"Something that's good can still have a little bit of bad in it, and something that's bad still has a little bit of good."

camoshop

Banned
Where were you principles when you lowballed me on the brakes and got them for 2/3 the listed price? AND free postage.....I shall be eyeballing fleabay :third:
mate me going on live web cam aint cheap, you're lucky i aint sending you a bill!!
oh please you know they're going on the cotic to mate it all xt compliant!!

Pastavore

Eats Squid
I get it mate, the people who don't like chops finally formed the lynch mob they have wanted to for ages....
Yes, we have been having secret meetings for weeks, planning our strategy, sharpening knives, waiting for him to slip up :crazy: Who else is supposed to be in this mob exactly?

I've explained my reasons clearly multiple times. Johnny and Dozer have given the official word multiple times. Plenty of people have expressed their opinion. You happen to hold a different opinion, fair enough, but I don't think you are going to convert many of us. Let's leave it there, hey?

And I've said it before, but will repeat it again for you: Chops does have a good and generous side and has contributed a lot to this community.

camoshop

Banned
Yes, we have been having secret meetings for weeks, planning our strategy, sharpening knives, waiting for him to slip up :crazy: Who else is supposed to be in this mob exactly?

I've explained my reasons clearly multiple times. Johnny and Dozer have given the official word multiple times. Plenty of people have expressed their opinion. You happen to hold a different opinion, fair enough, but I don't think you are going to convert many of us. Let's leave it there, hey?

And I've said it before, but will repeat it again for you: Chops does have a good and generous side and has contributed a lot to this community.
you sir are a poet!! i allways see your posts and not sure if i read your user name but just think its pastadave

Pastavore

Eats Squid
you sir are a poet!! i allways see your posts and not sure if i read your user name but just think its pastadave
Thank you Camo. Pastadave is my illegitimate half brother. He was not part of the international anti-chopsticks secret society. He couldn't remember the secret handshake.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
this whole ordeal sickens me, both sides of the argument!....buying things for a steal, and then 're-marketing' them for a profit, nauseating!
im off to watch American Pickers, what a great show - and a really novel concept in trading goods:behindsofa:

binner

Hath shat hymself
Negative, I am a meat Popsicle

this whole ordeal sickens me, both sides of the argument!....buying things for a steal, and then 're-marketing' them for a profit, nauseating!
im off to watch American Pickers, what a great show - and a really novel concept in trading goods:behindsofa:
Bahhhhh hahhhhhhhh.....yup.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Yes........things would have been much more kosher if chops had a short, fat, hairy boyfriend helping him.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
sorry, just had to make a Hitler parody

[video=youtube;VoxzdQBVwd0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoxzdQBVwd0[/video]

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Foxpuppet, are you aware that Chops bought them for thirty and then PMd the other interested party offering them for more than $50 and then when didn't get that is selling them for $68 (starting price, mind you) and then has offered contradicting reasons as to how and why it occurred? Also, are you aware that Chops clearly and openly admits to working hard to get the sale regardless of who has claimed interest in buying the item before him? Are you aware that he openly admits to flipping items on RB for profit?

Are you aware that the issue with the cranks is only part of the reason we decided to act? Are you aware that the mods act on our own initiative regardless of what any 'mob' may do? Are you aware that we had been discussing this issue since approx two months back? If you are not aware of these things I'd suggest you are forming your opinion based on a lack of information. I'm glad that you're involving yourself in this discussion and taking a contrary view, I encourage civil discussion on this matter as it increases awareness on important matters.

I also want to point out that many people have cited that Chops is not a bad person but only has some issues he needs to consider regarding some of his online activities - and also note that Chops has not been banned. With that in mind I would strongly advise that whilst there are some people who are not Chops' fans this action has not been taken due to any personal issues with Chops and thus any "lynch mob' are a redundant element to this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.