Blue Mountain Downhill Riders.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Bit of a build hopefully going down at candy bar tomorrow if anyones interested, track needs it after a bit of a demolish.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Latest from soren on OBR

I will be preparing a report to Council "detailing the options available to Council in formalising the existing downhill mountain bike tracks that parallel Old Bathurst Rd, East Blaxland. This report should explore the possibilities of utilising existing user groups as volunteers in conducting this work, so as to minimise any costs to Council".

This report will be going to the 2 February meeting.

I will be preparing the report in the following weeks. While I had hoped to complete a comprehensive assessment of the activity across the eastern escarpment, the time frame may not allow for this. The main associated issue is the Nichols parade site. As you are aware of the situation here, Council has had further complaints from residents on the continued use of this site by down hill riders, and Councillors have also been made aware of the resident concerns.

Given that there is an opportunity to establish a formal site for down hill bike riding, the continuing to use of a site that has been for all intents and purposes temporarily closed is not supportive the broader user groups goals.

Whilst I will contact all riders whose details I have from the work day, and I appreciate people act on their own accord, I encourage you where possible to actively persuade riders not to use the Nichols parade site.

Regards

Soren Mortensen

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
man your quick Flynny

NO MORE CANDY BAR RIDES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE PLEASE

Ta Fellas ... would appreciate if you could pass it around ... will help us in the long run

Cheers
Al

ChemoDave

Squid
OBR, Nicholas Pde, Candy Run, Chicken Run

As a newbie to the site, Ive been reading more on where you can't ride than places that you can in the lower blue mountains, mainly DH runs.

Ive only just moved out to richmond, but did a drive out to nicholas pde and walked part of it, then went across to bowga rd, where there is a sign up saying that the DH track is closed.

So where are the places that we can actually ride DH?

Where does the nicholas pde track come out at?

Without doing shuttle runs, the only way I could see to do a loop is to train it from emu plains to blaxland then DH it, and back again, has anyone done this?

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
As a newbie to the site, Ive been reading more on where you can't ride than places that you can in the lower blue mountains, mainly DH runs.

Ive only just moved out to richmond, but did a drive out to nicholas pde and walked part of it, then went across to bowga rd, where there is a sign up saying that the DH track is closed.

So where are the places that we can actually ride DH?

Where does the nicholas pde track come out at?

Without doing shuttle runs, the only way I could see to do a loop is to train it from emu plains to blaxland then DH it, and back again, has anyone done this?
At the moment you can not ride Nichols Parade. At all.

The track that runs off Bowaga Ave is commonly called OBR, its legally ridable at the moment. Have a read of this thread for more info on the situation regarding the DH tracks in the lower Blue Mountains and how you can help trail advocacy.

I hope to see you out there,
Jase

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Gets confusing Aye ... unfortunately, the Blue Mountains and lots of NSW are stealth by nature. incrementally changing, but a long way to go.

OBR (Bowaga) is open ... if you read the sign more closely it says parts of the track have been closed ... this is as agreed with Council, trail Volunteers (a number of which frequent this thread) and reps.

OBR is good to go ... 3 main tracks two on the left (facing downhill) one on the right.

one on the right has had some work ... but as some have said ... needs some more.

PM me if you like and we can tee something up.

Train runs are one of the unique features of OBR ... I know plenty of peeps that push ... and the occasional crew that shuttles.

There will be a track day in the new year ... so come along and meet some of the locals. best way to get shown around.

Cheers
Al

ChemoDave

Squid
Thanks Al,

I didnt read the sign closely, I just see the bit closed...LOL

Will definately come along in the new year.

Thanks for your input and help with the threads guys

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Petition support needed!

Hey fellas, if you like DH in the lower Blue Mountains, and I know you do... Check this thread out here. Write a legible and well worded e-mail in support of your favourite tracks (take note of the examples provided). Hopefully we can get some really great tracks legalised for everyone to enjoy.

Cheers guys.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Hey there all,
I was wondering if anyone is heading out to OBR tomorrow morning or arvo?

I ask as I recently moved to Blaxland (October), and after 3 months of various crap to do with out new house, I've finally got a chance to get out on the DH bike tomorrow...

My 4wd is a pretty good shuttle machine, can comfortably carry 4x people & 4x bikes (5 of both if people want to get cosy).

Plus, I'd like to catch up with the lower mountains riders anyway!

Cheers,
Gub.

dhr_matt

Likes Dirt
Welcome to Blaxland :) thats where I live too and a majority of other riders close by... I'm heading down to stromlo tomorrow morning for some riding but i'd be keen any other time in the week or next weekend?

Lleyt0n

Likes Dirt
Hey man i ride obr all the time, just drop us a pm when you wanna ride there i can ride on monday after that i dont know when.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Welcome to Blaxland :) thats where I live too and a majority of other riders close by... I'm heading down to stromlo tomorrow morning for some riding but i'd be keen any other time in the week or next weekend?
Cheers mate. Work is pretty full on for the coming week, although I may be free for riding either Wednesday or Thursday this week. I'll let you know closer to the date... Have fun at Stromlo!

Hey man i ride obr all the time, just drop us a pm when you wanna ride there i can ride on monday after that i dont know when.
I won't be free Monday, but I'll keep in touch as far as free days.

Anyone reading this that's riding tomorrow?

dontfeelcold

Likes Dirt
Did the chicken run today, ended up down where the old bridges are, walked back up and played around on the waterbars for a while.

Thanks to the guy in the charade with a kona? with a marzochi bomber SC and several dings on his new wheels for the directions.

Josh