Blue Mountain Downhill Riders.

dhr_matt

Likes Dirt
Went down to lapstone today, some people decided it'd be funny to pull everything down (again).

I think who ever goes to lapstone and builds there needs to think twice about what they're doing...You need to remember to respect the bush and not leave a mess of wood piles and other crap there. When we built the track originally it was a hell lot cleaner and not other little tracks going off everywhere - this is what annoys locals and the council and causes more anger and wreckage.

Just a thought for anyone who goes down there.

bellsy

Likes Dirt
Ahhh, the age old problem of disrespect and lazyness...

If your going to build trails, do so in an environmentally sustainable way, and keep the area free of rubbish and building waste.

Otherwise, prepare to have your trails pulled down, changed, destroyed and possibly fines imposed for building/riding there.

Winning over the local residents and trail users is often 80% of the battle when it comes to trail longevity and your not going to do that with a messy trail and a disrespectfull attitude.

My 2c

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Went down to lappo this arvo. Discovered the ending of the orginal trail. Even if we dont put north shore in there, a bit of a revamp and it could be awesome. Theres an old ute that some north shore riding over could be very fun though...

JoshP

Likes Dirt
hazza6542 no more north shore crap, its been done before and people just come and distory it, so its just safe to make dirt jumps ok? and hazza6542 i have noticed you have been telling track locations, thats not cool ok dont do it.

On another note whos up for a ride this weekend?

Andrei

Likes Dirt
Hey guy's.

I'll also meet you at old bat. I have run down a few weeks ago and cut down all the nasty spiky shit that want's to rip your arms off. Also started to pull in a new line to cut out a bit of the fire road. Would like to hear opinions and suggestions.

Cya all

kyle brown

Likes Bikes
Hey guys went past Old bathurst today and saw this sign. Looks like
it will be getting fixed by the council. So it's probably best that we
don't ride on it and we should also have a build day or something.
I'm still up for riding somewhere else tomorrow.

TheLunchbox

Likes Dirt
Hey guys went past Old bathurst today and saw this sign. Looks like
it will be getting fixed by the council. So it's probably best that we
don't ride on it and we should also have a build day or something.
I'm still up for riding somewhere else tomorrow.
I seen this sign yesterday at OBR and at the new track too:eek:

unitec

Likes Dirt
OBR Opportunity?

The bottom of the notice looks like a plea for rider input??
At the very least it's an opportunity to make contact with council & get some dialogue going.
What does everyone else think?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Maybe a good idea to get as many locals and OBR users to email in and provide some comments around ...

I did a quick search of BMCC site and found the correct name and title
for Smortensen@bmcc.nsw.gov.au as per the sign.

This is what I just sent.
"Dear Mr Mortensen
With regards to the sign posted at the trail head for the Old Bathurst Road Downhill trails. Firstly, we commend council for the initiative for organising the periodic rehabilitation of track sections.

A small group of Mountain Bike enthusiasts have been undertaking maintenance of the tracks, however, given the popularity of the site for riders more regular and council supported efforts would make the trails a model for sustainable Mountain Bike trails.

There is a large cross section of trail users that would support regular volunteer efforts to maintain the track with www.rotorburn.com being a good outlet to call for volunteers and seek advice from track design, to construction techniques, and possibly even commission one of the dedicated trail design consultancies that frequent the site like dirt art or MV trail Design.

To close we thank you again, and I look forward to participating in a future volunteer trail building day.

Cheers
Alan"

maybe worth putting up an advocacy thread in trail building.