Blue Mountains Psycho Night Rider's Thread

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heard back from JP that he will have his ute plus 2 other riders. So we should have a little bit of shuttling space left back up the after the ride.

Train will be the 7:23 from Glenbrook which arrives at Woodford at 7:54.

Getting on the train at Glenbrook will be JP+2, Mantra +2 and myself. Mr Cove hopping on at Warrimoo.

Definates :

Nerf Herder, Bipyjamas, JP+2, BM Epic, Bushpilot, Moggio, davzab, Mr Cove and Mantra + 2

Maybe:

taibo

Weather so far looks passable, if not overly pleasant.... at least it looks like this damn wind will be gone by then.

Last edited:

foolbis

Likes Dirt
Hey hey, I am Mantra + 1!

Looking forward to busting out the lights, but please go easy on me with my DH bike ;)

See you on the train

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey hey, I am Mantra + 1!

Looking forward to busting out the lights, but please go easy on me with my DH bike ;)

See you on the train
I fixed that up... I just got carried away :)

I think the pace will be relatively mellow except for BM Epic going down hills... he crazy.

I think we will also have to discuss what will be the next ride as there aren't too many on the calendar.

Last edited:

foolbis

Likes Dirt
I fixed that up... I just got carried away :)

I think the pace will be relatively mellow except for BM Epic going down hills... he crazy.
Actually, it is Mantra + 2, I just happen to be the Mantra +1. Our mate Gary is mantra + 2.

Confused much? :D

I'm looking forward to breaking out the HID's on the Oaks trail again, singletrack is always a blast!! especially with the technical section to finish being nice and rutted with the last big rains.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Actually, it is Mantra + 2, I just happen to be the Mantra +1. Our mate Gary is mantra + 2.

Confused much? :D

I'm looking forward to breaking out the HID's on the Oaks trail again, singletrack is always a blast!! especially with the technical section to finish being nice and rutted with the last big rains.
Confused much all right... fixed up again.. if you had been Mantra + 2 it would have been all obvious :)

The single track will be great under lights... the technical section under lights might beat me.... did it on Sunday ok in daytime... I found even the rest of the Oaks was beginning to get rutted again already, nothing like what it was before the grading, but it is starting :) Heck its only been several weeks since they did that as well... I guess a bit of rain just moves that sand.

foolbis

Likes Dirt
Well now thats just sensible!!! lol

We could always skip the Oaks and try out a St Helena's under lights... that would be an experience!!

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We could always skip the Oaks and try out a St Helena's under lights... that would be an experience!!
Not me... gotta do that by day first at the least! I suspect in the morning I would have to be scraped off some rocks.

foolbis

Likes Dirt
Not me... gotta do that by day first at the least! I suspect in the morning I would have to be scraped off some rocks.
Hahahaha! You haven't run Helena's yet? Oh you are missing out. Great technical singletrack trail, but I guess it depends on the type of riding you are used to.

P.S. I'm sure there would be plenty of wildlife to finish you off ;)

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hahahaha! You haven't run Helena's yet? Oh you are missing out. Great technical singletrack trail, but I guess it depends on the type of riding you are used to.

P.S. I'm sure there would be plenty of wildlife to finish you off ;)
I am working up to it...trying to build up my technical riding all the time so I will probably go down it in the not too distant future (Before summer and the return of the spiders!) At the moment it would be foolhardy or just a lot of walking I imagine.

foolbis

Likes Dirt
If you can do the last technical section of the Oaks, you can do Helenas. Everyone has to walk a lot of the last section down to the creek. That said, the first few times, I had to borrow a bigger pair of balls to get though some of it :)

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well Sunday was the first time I did the last section of the Oaks without putting a footdown... and that was only just! Good to have a comparison of difficulty though.

Maybe there should be a St Helenas ride organised sometime soon....

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
If you can do the last technical section of the Oaks, you can do Helenas. Everyone has to walk a lot of the last section down to the creek. That said, the first few times, I had to borrow a bigger pair of balls to get though some of it :)
I have only ever attempted the large step between the boulder thingy 2 times ... got close once ... I think I still have a scar of the root sticking in my back :p

I'm in for a St H ... in the day though ... heard the regular rumblings about it no longer being open from the creek ... ie, hike a bike and beyond closed ??? accompanied by the usual "yes it is ... no it isn't" unconfirmed waffle.

foolbis

Likes Dirt
I have only ever attempted the large step between the boulder thingy 2 times ... got close once ... I think I still have a scar of the root sticking in my back :p
Had a close call or two there myself! Theres a B line to the right now which makes that section easy if you need to woos out.

I'm in for a St H ... in the day though ... heard the regular rumblings about it no longer being open from the creek ... ie, hike a bike and beyond closed ??? accompanied by the usual "yes it is ... no it isn't" unconfirmed waffle
Rode St H two weeks ago I think.... definitely "open". Obviously theres no way to close the track, they just dont want bikers crossing the railway lines...

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Had a close call or two there myself! Theres a B line to the right now which makes that section easy if you need to woos out.
suspect we are thinking of different sections ... uhmmm then again ... I've never looked right of the boulder thingy

Rode St H two weeks ago I think.... definitely "open". Obviously theres no way to close the track, they just dont want bikers crossing the railway lines...
was trying to be a little subtle re use of "open" let try "Forbidden fruit" ;) ... no gay referrences ... not that thees anything wrong with that. :)

mtbasn

Likes Bikes
Friday 4th July

Just a thought the NobMob is doing this ride the night before on the 4th July?

heres the thread http://nobmob.com/node/5440

just a thought

suspect we are thinking of different sections ... uhmmm then again ... I've never looked right of the boulder thingy

was trying to be a little subtle re use of "open" let try "Forbidden fruit" ;) ... no gay referrences ... not that thees anything wrong with that. :)

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a thought the NobMob is doing this ride the night before on the 4th July?

heres the thread http://nobmob.com/node/5440

just a thought
They are just copying us!!! This one was organised first!! :)

I see you are going on the friday.. you can also do a saturday... I am sure you are up to it. Might slow you down a bit too... save you doubling back.

JP

Likes Dirt
Turf war! Turf war!

I notice a few familiar pseudonyms. Interesting.....

The batteries are charging, the cold weather gear is sorted, the uterus is loaded up with Bob Marley and skunk anansie on the stereo, I'm rrrrrready to rrrrrrrrumble!!!!!!!

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
GAME ON!!

i may be unsociable and make up an oaks at night playlist for the i-pod