Bureaucratic bungholes.

Binaural

Eats Squid
I can understand it being a requirement for working in a school, but the school should pay for it and not the employee.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not having a driver's license has made some things tricky in NSW. I needed an rsa (license to sell booze) and because I only had a passport they weren't sure I could get it! Try buying cold and flu pills...a pharmacist even knocked back my passport. People unable to think outside the guidelines. Photo id = license so nothing else will do.
When I worked at the servo I was working in a fairly ethnic area, so we got a lot of people coming in that I could barely understand asking for smokes etc. One day I was on shift with a much older colleague and a man of Middle Eastern descent came in, he was quite young looking and couldn't really speak English. He brought in an imported Marlboro carton and was gesturing to the ciggie cabinet that he wanted cigs. For some reason I thought he was too young and didn't know what brand of cigs to get so was just getting these ones (or something like that), so I asked him for ID. He had no idea what I was asking, and at that point I realised that I'd made a mistake and he just couldn't speak English - not that he was nervous about being underage or whatever. I began going to get the cigs when my coworker came over and said that I couldn't do it and that he must produce ID or not be served. Turned into a 10min back and forth of just wanting cigs and no he must produce ID etc. So off he went, then came back 20mins later (had walked home and back) with an overseas drivers license showing that he was mid 20's or so. My colleague refused to accept it or let me sell him his smokes, so he went off in search of another servo.

You need a 'working with children check' to work in a school, it costs money that you later claim back in tax.
You need a 'working with children check' to coach or manage a kids sports team, you can get it for free online. There are (or used to be) exemptions if you were a parent of one of the kids in the team.
A 'working with children check' merely checks you don't have a criminal history that makes you 'dangerous' to kids. All of a sudden everyone is a presumed pedophile, and only the ones that have been charged can't work with kids.
When I lived on Campus at Uni they made me a senior res of one of the dorms - no training or nothing I just got a sweet room. But because of the title I had to get a blue card for working with kids, since one of the blokes in the dorm was 17 for a couple of months.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
How often do you buy eggs at the supermarket with a bit of shit or feather on the shell? Happened to me today, lovely arse feather it was and a darn tasty egg.
That's just on the egg shell, it's not on the inside lmao.

Unless you cook up the egg shells too?

Skydome

I know about this one, my olds used to sell "home grown organic goodness etc etc" eggs to the hipster cafes in Castlemaine, but eventually gave it away as it got all too hard. The commercial egg industry is freakign huge and is very very good at lobbying governments for regulations that knock off such competition. Not that my olds would be a blip on their radar, but they like all industries are mighty protective of their patch.
that's the impression I get from the regulation too that it is more about protecting large egg companies than it is about protecting the health of the individual.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
While travelling in Russia my partner wanted to send some note books and pens to her nephews in poland. We had to unpack everything and re pack it because you are unable to send writing instruments and paper together in the same package.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
While travelling in Russia my partner wanted to send some note books and pens to her nephews in poland. We had to unpack everything and re pack it because you are unable to send writing instruments and paper together in the same package.
With most bureaucracy I can see what might be the reasoning behind it, even if the implementation is retarded. But this one, only seems retarded, do pens explode when packed with notebooks?

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With most bureaucracy I can see what might be the reasoning behind it, even if the implementation is retarded. But this one, only seems retarded, do pens explode when packed with notebooks?
Its Russia, the reasons are probably forgotten and irrelevant and the only important thing is enforcing them. Its probably a carry over from communist days when supplies were heavily regulated and controlled and everything could be seen to be used to aid dissent.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had blood clots last year, and needed to declare them on travel insurance. they asked if it was a vein or an artery. I didn't know, I just followed treatment. So I called someone in oncology who always say to call to bypass bureaucracy but they were on leave so called the department line. They couldn't ask anyone but were sure haematology could help, I often talked directly to the doctor in charge of my case there. Their secretary pushed me onto a legal department who wanted a ton of paper work to release information. Or I could go to my GP who had nothing to do with the case but could look it up.

I get privacy concerns but it seems an awful lot of work for a 1 word answer of little use to anyone but me.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You need a 'working with children check' to work in a school, it costs money that you later claim back in tax.
You need a 'working with children check' to coach or manage a kids sports team, you can get it for free online. There are (or used to be) exemptions if you were a parent of one of the kids in the team.
A 'working with children check' merely checks you don't have a criminal history that makes you 'dangerous' to kids. All of a sudden everyone is a presumed pedophile, and only the ones that have been charged can't work with kids.
In NSW you still need to go to the whatever the rta is now and get final ticks for it, even as a volunteer. This was one of my "but you don't have a license..." moments. I'm not here to answer questions about my lifestyle you fat fuck, just accept the passport already. Oh really? I need other photo id to back up a fucking passport????????? Can't wait until they start saying that at the airport!

Jpez

Down on the left!
After living in relatively lawless Cambodia for a few years when I returned I had reverse culture shock. The feeling was stifling.
Every direction on the road there was a sign. signs everywhere telling us what to do and how to do it.
Going through the business or re establishing a western life, and housing and work etc made me want to run back to the utter chaos of where i'd come from, where life seemed pretty simple in comparison.
Took a long time to reacclimatise to all the BS involved in living in a developed country. especially this one.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Was recently in Ethiopia poor and totally organic= things just work.
People hang out of buses, no traffic lights or road signs telling you what speed to do or where to go.
Prolly lots of electrocutions in the wet season , as the wiring is dodgy as hell , often no conduit ,bare plastic coated wires on the ground in hotels if you could call them that, half built holes and trip hazards everywhere.
No building regulations just build what you want.
Yeah Australia is sign mad .

Skydome

On the oh and s shit where I work they are required to have a little map thing that shows where you currently are and where the exits are lol.

Umm, maybe the exists were the big roller doors?

God this country and all the laws :/

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
When I moved back to Australia from the UK, I self-shipped my stuff back by sea. Bills of lading etc. I handled all of this paperwork well enough, and my stuff turned up at the Sydney docks when expected. I turned up to get my stuff early in the morning to claim my pallet, and so began a comedy of stuffing around. First they couldn't find it, then they did find it, then they decided they wanted to do an inspection. Each step required a 2 hour interval on a day I had expected to be at work. They decided a fine dusting of dirt on my MBT tyres (which had been washed and scrubbed of loose dirt and mud) merited disinfecting the entire bike at my cost. Wouldn't let me just throw them away either, because rules. No real place to wait while these losers messed around either, so I basically had to hang around the dock area. When they did release my stuff, I had to personally chase up a forklift driver to move my stuff from the customs area to the pick up area, and pay for that as well. It was the perfect combination of disrespectful, disorganised and dumb.

I left at about 3pm absolutely furious, having been dicked around by a decent cross-section of worthless douchebags who will be first up against the walll when the revolution comes. I hope they all get replaced by robots ASAP.
Yep, I know that pain. I moved stuff back from the USA when I returned to Oz.
Very similar experience to yours.
I got utterly fleeced by a customs agent too.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
The skin suit is making an application for his Japanese wife to come to Australia for about three years...... The Australian Immigration and Border Protection Website is an abomination to all humanity.... The rules, yeah, maybe the pigged one gets them... but shit the pre baconated one... who the fwark in Aus isn't an immigrant (and no shit to all that have legitimate links to the native aborigines - you all been fucked over... and Tony Abbott's recent comments are just the tip of the stupidity iceberg)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You Street sign hating folk know that we are putting lights in the road at busy intersections to prevent the pedestrians from crossing into traffic while walking and playing on their phones? Yes...it's fucking true. How many people have really been nailed doing this?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Have you seen some of the shit pens have written? No womder they want to keep them apart!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
You Street sign hating folk know that we are putting lights in the road at busy intersections to prevent the pedestrians from crossing into traffic while walking and playing on their phones? Yes...it's fucking true. How many people have really been nailed doing this?
Not enough.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
One of my pet hates is idiots walking around looking at their phones esp in traffic or busy streets .
They are prolly just reading moronic shit.
Let them die crossing the road.