Capital Punishment is GO

sly_artichoke

Likes Dirt
"We're probably looking at around a 50-50 chance of either above or below average rain."

Well, that pretty well covers it...

Slowman

Likes Dirt
Rode with a full XX groupo and had the exact same problem. Coincidence maybe? Also, the organic compond pads for them lasted about 5 seconds on the rear. Rode the whole race with no rear brake. Was great fun though, just wish it was on someone elses bike.
Fortunately I had just replaced my rear pads before the event and had brakes to the very end of the 50km, though probably wouldn't have lasted 100km. I also had the dreaded chain suck from time to time, I carried some Rock n Roll extreme (blue) lube and reapplication always helped. If I were really prepared I would have coated the chain in some heavy grease - it helps. At one stage going down hill at Stromlo I was getting chain suck in the big dog! I was fuming that I was so close to finishing and had to get off and relube. I might have sworn a bit! Probably saved time though as it helped markedly. I never stacked once although I dabbed a few times and walked a couple of times when chain suck struck at the very worst time, like it always does, killing precious momentum when hitting an uphill pinch.

I originally had X9 and I upgraded to X0 and I've always wondered if I wasted my money as the shifting never seemed to be any better. though I did change from trigger to grip shift which I find really good but always seemingly during a race it can do funny things. Happily though nothing broke and all I need to replace is the pads.

Last edited:

tedmann

Squid
Yup, I've taken that into account - I took 6:10 on the watch so should be around 5:40 but they have me at 5:18.

When I work back on the splits they have me starting at 7.26, not 7am.
Yeah, a mate & I both had our times about 10 mins. too long. We started in the 3rd wave but our times started from 7:00. We just assumed our timers didn't register at the start so the used 7 as a base.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Yeah, a mate & I both had our times about 10 mins. too long. We started in the 3rd wave but our times started from 7:00. We just assumed our timers didn't register at the start so the used 7 as a base.
I'm pretty sure if you want it corrected for bragging rights, an email would probably get it fixed.
Oh and welcome Ted.

tedmann

Squid
Thanks, and I'm sure I could get it fixed but for an "improved" time of 3:30 for 50 I'm not sure it's worth it ;-)

nayto

Likes Bikes
Yeh think this must have been what they've done, i got an extra 10 minutes added to mine aswell....since yesterday. Its actually different to what my computer registered but its all good. Not suprised theres a few mistakes with the amount of people going over the line at once.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
On the search page there is now a download results button - everyone is on an excel spread sheet
Just took a look at it, and behold the following numbers:

50km: Out of 848 riders - 173 pulled a DNS, 64 DNF, 611 finished.
100 km: Out of 1080 riders - 224 pulled a DNS, 226 DNF, 83 DNC (short cut?), 507 finished.

Wow. Almost quarter of 100km riders didn't start, and another quarter didn't finish.

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
Just took a look at it, and behold the following numbers:

50km: Out of 848 riders - 173 pulled a DNS, 64 DNF, 611 finished.
100 km: Out of 1080 riders - 224 pulled a DNS, 226 DNF, 83 DNC (short cut?), 507 finished.

Wow. Almost quarter of 100km riders didn't start, and another quarter didn't finish.
Less than half the female starters finished the whole course - over half either withdrew during the race or got short-coursed.

The time cut-off seemed so generous before the day, once the conditions became what they were, that time cut off suddenly wasn't so generous...

Cap

Likes Dirt
Priceless????

Entries? $170
Fuel? $120
Food? $100
Accom? $160
Fun had on the bikes?........Priceless.....NOT! $870 not including brake pads.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Priceless????

Entry $130
Fuel $250
Accommodation $208
Food $100
Event Jersey $95

Slowly grinding away that new bike look and feel....... Priceless!!!!

workmx

Banned
Agreed, they mention on and off ramps etc, so sounds like GDE to me.
Definitely was the Gungahlin Drive Extension (GDE)... saw a lot of riders on my way to and from Choku Baijo (the organic fruit and veggie place) in North Lyneham on Saturday morning.

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nothing.. that is all sundries... apparently.
i think that turns out to be 210 on food and bike (not including break pads?)

Allowing $70 for food (maybe they ate out or something) $140 on bike repairs would mean drive train service at $80 plus a chain at $30 maybe $30 to look at one hub or the BB?

workmx

Banned
...not including break pads?)
Wow!!! "Break pads" are expensive.., hey? I wonder how much BRAKE pads cost???

The difference between the prices listed and total is actually $320...

Maybe they spent a great deal of time in Fyshwick getting dirty, after getting dirty at Capital Punishment...???

Last edited: