Casual Sydney Rides

MTB Trails around Wollongong

Hi gang,

I'll be making a bit of a road trip to Wollongong this weekend to check out a couple of bikes for sale, and I was wanting to have some tracks lined up to test them on. I've done a bit of digging and found Mt Kiera mentioned a bit, but I'd like to have a couple of options depending on location/track style.

Generally looking for Downhill or All-Mountain Trails by the way.

Thanks in advance!

Mark.

antonfourie

Likes Dirt
Blackheath - Mondraker demo - social ride

I am heading to Blackheath to demo a Mondraker Foxy on Saturday 16th, I have space in my Ute, if you would like to join me for a ride in the mountains then feel free to contact me, will be leaving Sydney around 8 am.

Check on Mondraker Australia Facebook page for updates.

Last edited:

ChopSticks

Banned
I am heading to Blackheath to demo a Mondraker Foxy on Saturday 16th, I have space in my Ute, if you would like to join me for a ride in the mountains then feel free to contact me, will be leaving Sydney around 8 am.

is it that black and gold wheeled beauty? pretty keen to have a perve.... but given this weather.... i dont think ANYWHERE even oakes will be fit to be ridden?

tex72

Likes Dirt
Hey do you know the last end bit 'Homerun' - is there a quick way to get to that instead of doing the course (3km short track)? I saw a firetrail looking thing above, thought maybe it was a shortcut up to the top?
You probably can ride up the service/fire trail parallel to Elizabeth dr to access Homerun, but might get boring after a couple of runs. Better off getting a bit of fitness up & riding the whole 12k's, as there are quite a few fun lines to be had scattered throughout the loop with homerun as a bit of a reward at the end.:playball:

antonfourie

Likes Dirt
is it that black and gold wheeled beauty? pretty keen to have a perve.... but given this weather.... i dont think ANYWHERE even oakes will be fit to be ridden?
Yes it is, I am hoping that the forecast eases back a bit by the weekend!

Aside from that if you ever want to have a test ride, we have them in size M & L, so you are more than welcome to have a go.

ChopSticks

Banned
Yes it is, I am hoping that the forecast eases back a bit by the weekend!

Aside from that if you ever want to have a test ride, we have them in size M & L, so you are more than welcome to have a go.
Not looking good.... It's meant to pick up during the weekend ..., showers before Turning to rain on sat
Keen if weather fines up!

thanks so much for the generous offer, unfortunately i'll be getting up to wollongong in the afternoon of saturday. I think i'd be a bit late for you!

again, thanks for the invite. have a great ride

ChopSticks

Banned
passing on the demo at oakes... too far to risk it getting washed out.

Hitting H20 with a group of guys in the morning!

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Need a fourth rider for a Mt Stromlo day trip tomorrow to do shuttles with, PM me if interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
seems Kentlyn is riding ok, is there anywhere else in the Sydney area open in this rain? how about the oaks including the weir?

I rode Lake Parra yesterday afternoon, apart from 2-3 small wet sections it was dry and ridable.

Having never ridden Lake Parra before I was pleasantly surprised at the quality/quantity of the tracks.

Luco

Likes Dirt
Anyone know the condition of omv for ride on Saturday morning? (Tomorrow) Mate told me facebook says it's open?? (I don't do fbook) but nswmtb hasn't been updated since the 30th August stating it was closed, obviously.
If it's not fit to ride can anyone recommend a trail that would be, from their knowledge of sydney and water!
I rode kentlyn last week FYI ;)
Thanks.

T.3

Likes Dirt