Private Property CMTBP. Bobcats Been! Jumps are nearly done!

allan_key

Likes Dirt
Sick Chops, Yeah not to shabby idea well Mates place Mates rules should apply!
The law of the BBQ is you have to pay your price in meat or beer. So this way we can keep the rents happy and our selves fed. ;)

Oh Cool :cool: who else is going to be there, ill be umm hungover to be blunt lol so dont any make loud noise :eek: ill probly bring some marking paint to work out any extra lines or improvments.

nickmann

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ill ill come down on saturday. i will also most likely be hungover. i will bring my own lunch aswell. maybe sausages:)
ill see who ever is going on sat;)

cameron_15

Eats Squid
I don't mind supplying the sausages guys...

Tell all your friends and stuff who might be interested in coming:)

I'll be at work so i won't be in attendance (as previously stated)

I'll go and inform people about this now...

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Just received conformation that there will be 7 truckloads of dirt arriving on sunday! should build me some new jumps, extend the current jumps and get me some more stuff for the motorbikes!

cameron_15

Eats Squid
One truckload of very fine dirt has just arrived. hoping for another 3 more but there may only be 2. not quite sure yet. if theres 4, awesome. if theres 3, still awesome. just we might have to borrow/steal dirt from the side of another jump. from this dirt I will get the bobcat to make 4 mounds. 2 spaced out about around 5 meters, then a gap of about 10 meters, then another 2. so it will make to big gap jumps.

:cool:

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Bob cat came today. He did some awesome work. he moved all the dirt into position and made three mounds. so we have One big double, that needs to be sculpted and another take off with no landing yet. that also need to be sculpted.

During the week i'll be getting the next truckload of dirt, it'll be dropped right where it needs to be then we can sculpt it :)

He also built up the dam walls and made the take off and landing better, Made 2 jumps over a berm leading into the 2nd DH track (one with a 5 meter gap, the other about 3), cut off the top of the mound after the big motorbike table top and used the dirt to clean up the area. it's awesome what he has done.

I rescued a baby ring tail possum while i was building as well. my next door neighbors dog tried to eat it. it had climbed down the gum tree to have a look at the jumps and the dog took it. I chased it down and took the possum out of it's mouth. it started climbing all over me, it was awesome. i l then let it go into a nice big gum tree.

Next sunday there will be a build/ride day in which we will build epic dirt jumps!

all are welcome.

I'll get pics of the jumps tommorow. :cool:

nickmann

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Cam, That sounds great. Good to hear about the possum you saved. I can't wait to see the new jump setup you've got coming along. Pics will be great. It's a bummer I won't be able to come next Sunday because of work aswell. Maybe I could make it up one school night?
:)

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Hey Cam, That sounds great. Good to hear about the possum you saved. I can't wait to see the new jump setup you've got coming along. Pics will be great. It's a bummer I won't be able to come next Sunday because of work aswell. Maybe I could make it up one school night?
:)
Hmmmm, okay. friday night we will ride/build/do whatever we want to do.

4pm onwards:)

on Sunday i will be out in the morning at a great vic bike ride training ride but will be back at lunchtime.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Me and sam went building today. we shaped both jumps over the berm leading to the 2nd track. they are awesome.

We then built 3 lips on the dam wall all of varying heights and transitions. we also packed down all the dirt on the walls and strengthened it by watering it from the water from the dam. the dam is now empty and we used the sludge from the bottom to build up the lips of the jumps so they are super strong and won't break!

cameron_15

Eats Squid
We went building and riding again today and it was awesome. we built up a double over the old mound that used to be after the big tabletop. It's got about a 2.5 meter gap and we plan on building it up a bit higher. we took about 8 barrow fulls of dirt out of the bottom of the dried up dam and used it to make a lander for the jumps over the dam.

'tis awesome!:D

We'll be building and riding on friday night after school. hoping to get these bigger doubles going. the last truckload of dirt hasn't arrived yet:(

also there will be a build/ride day on sunday to.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Next Sunday will be another build/ride day. I'll leave it up to everyone to decide what we build.:)

Shoot me a PM if you want to come.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Got some new photos for you.

they are of the jumps. ( the new doubles, and what they look like now) and the 2nd DH track.

enjoy

Attachments

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
you guys are getting a fair bit done, its good to see. been watching your progress keep up the photos :)

patto94

Likes Dirt
Yer it was a good day, we got the sculpting of the big doubles done and all we need to do is wait for the rain to come and harden them up.:D

cameron_15

Eats Squid
well i don't think anything is happening this weekend. i'm gonna head down to diamo on sunday, work saturday and party monday and tuesday. its gonna be a good weekend.

on a more serious note, it has been gently raining here most of the day so the jumps are getting a good coating of water.

oh and, i want to build a 3rd line of more reasonable sized jumps. like 2-3 meter gaps, not 1 or 7:eek:

cameron_15

Eats Squid
It's been a while since i posted here...

I've been building on the XC track for the last couple of nights. It's coming a long quite nicely and its much quicker to build on compared to DH:)

The next event will be on the 22nd of November. After that I'm on the great Victorian bike ride, then its holidays! Can't wait for all the summer building and riding!

cameron_15

Eats Squid
ride/build day Sunday the 23rd of November. PM me

Last week i had a call about dirt. he was supposed to bring 7 truckloads on friday, but due to heavy rain, it didn't come. i'm hoping it will come in the next couple of days.

it will be used to build another line of smaller doubles. the gap will be about 3 meters and they will probably be vert or close to it.

I also built another berm on the 2nd DH track.