Confessions from the fuckwits

hakka

Likes Dirt
Stuck my finger in a spinning rotor. Its my braking finger and I'm off to Forrest tomorrow for a few days of riding.

Attachments

Flow-Rider

Burner
Stuck my finger in a spinning rotor. Its my braking finger and I'm off to Forrest tomorrow for a few days of riding.
I ripped half a finger nail off and gouged under it on a barbed wire fence. Spend a heap of time cleaning it out, I found that it gets infected real easy under the finger nail.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A few peeps have lost the ends of fingers in rotors, least you still have yours.

Was going to suggest google "disc rotor fingers" but take my advice you don't need to, it's all that and more.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It slices, it dices...but it won't julienne your carrots!

Ive got the old slap chop infomercial stuck in my head now...you're gonna love my nuts.

scblack

Leucocholic
Peak Fuckwit

Today I achieved Peak Fuckwit. Moorey has been usurped.

As some may know I have a nice new truck, VW Amarok. I'm quite proud of it. Let me confess. We're going up the coast for xmas and a few days to spend time with wifeys family and mine. Towing the camper up as brother-in-laws house is full of their family, so we can sleep nicely in his back yard. I should fill up the car for the trip, so there is no delay on the way up.

I fill up at BP as its got the dirt clearing diesel. BP sells Ultimate diesel, its well marketed. So I started filling up with Ultimate, seeing it said Ultimate on the pipe and stuff. Hang on, that's not the price diesel was for. And the nozzle fitted too easy. FARK, I'm pumping Ultimate 98 unleaded. So stop pumping. Only 2.61 litres went in. It was half full when I started so I'll just fill the remainder with diesel, and - you know - it'll be so diluted the engine will be sweet. So I top up the 80 litre tank, but 2.6 litres are unleaded. Seeing its so diluted I'll just drive the 1km to office and ring VW Roadside Assist from there - what can 1km do hey? All is cool.

VW ask me, so you haven't started it have you? Um, I drove it just 1km to work. Its so diluted she'll be fine. Ahh, no say VW. It has to be towed to a dealer. It has to have the tank drained. It has to have the fuel lines flushed. It has to have the fuel filter checked. It has to have the engine codes checked for problems. And potentially, seeing unleaded has no lubricating properties it could have farked the injectors which is a nice easy $9,000 job to fix. At this point I go totally white and shit myself.

Fuck.

Its basically Xmas eve. Service departments are booked out. Roadside Assist do not cover any of this because wrong fuel is not covered. Closest dealer is Blacktown, but NO-ONE can contact the service department. OK, Denlo in Parramatta is not much further I'll check them. Nah sorry sir, we'll try but we're FULLY booked seeing its xmas eve almost. Bugger it, I'll try them seeing its where I bought it. So I tow it to Denlo.

Then 5 minutes later, Blacktown dealer ring and let me know they can probably deal with it today. But its on a towtruck to Parramatta, so sorry too late to try you. Towed at 11am, arrived about 12.30 or something, so car can't be looked at today...

My mind is reeling with a $9,000 engine fix and seeing my other car can't tow the camper, I have just f*cked xmas for my family. D*ckhead.

I pester the service department, very nicely, but they have other cars in the queue so again, we'll try sir but no chance today, next Wednesday is our first chance. They close at 4pm, and at 3pm I am royally screwed.

They ring at 3.15, and let me know the service manager has cleared the fuel, lines are free from filings and all is ready. What a relief! They actually got the thing cleared and even washed it for me.

Big props to Denlo VW Parramatta service department and now my kids get their xmas up the coast!

indica

Serial flasher
VW ask me, so you haven't started it have you? Um, I drove it just 1km to work. Its so diluted she'll be fine. Ahh, no say VW. It has to be towed to a dealer. It has to have the tank drained. It has to have the fuel lines flushed. It has to have the fuel filter checked. It has to have the engine codes checked for problems. And potentially, seeing unleaded has no lubricating properties it could have farked the injectors which is a nice easy $9,000 job to fix. At this point I go totally white and shit myself.
Don't use Caltex Alpine Diesel then.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
A good result in the end. It is too easy to accidentally use the wrong fuel these days. You dodged a bullet and have happy injectors. Enjoy your holiday and big kudos to Denlo.

Sent from my PDP-11 with typos and bad grammar courtesy of Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Don't use Caltex Alpine Diesel then.
Just what I was thinking. Whilst I'm not totally savvy with modern diesel (apart from their evil fucker status and the level of toxicity and vileness of their putrid emissions...), but I'd not have thought a <3% dose of petrol would kill it...?

Slosh a bit of two stroke oil in after it if you're worried...

marks

Likes Bikes
I work at a euro dealership the wrong fuel scenario happens very often. The most expensive repair was a tad over 30 000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I wonder how easy it would be for manufacturers to fit a fuel sensor at the tank outlet that would shut down the engine/fuel pump at the first sign of a fuel outside a set specification...