Confessions from the fuckwits

Twelve

Likes Dirt
so do I, unfortunately spur of the moment thing
Life's not much worth living without a little spur of the moment spiciness filling in the gaps like indoor wheelies, no matter how unsuccessful they may be. Commendation for trying what many of us think of doing but don't, condolences for it not going to plan on this occasion.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
bought some 2nd/h hope brakes on here, swapped the hoses over as i like to run left side-front combo -the rear lever had no hose attached as previous owner had it internal routed so just cut hose. bled the front no worries, very easy & stops beautifully.
tried to remove the little connector attached to hose to re-attach to rear calliper with new line -couldn't get the little f&^%er out & ended up screwing it with some pliers, ended up cutting hose & screwed it up agin, crushing it -anyone know where can get one?

Attachments

Daniel Hale

thanks but dot think its the olive but the insert which goes inside the hose, then the retaining nut screws down on top

Last edited:

hakka

Likes Dirt
I needed one last week and got it from chain reaction, had it in 3 days. Have you got the washer that goes on the end?

Search crc for hope brass insert.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Preface of this, i got a new iPad last week to replace a broken one. I also mentioned to IT and the wife, these thighs are slippery as and should come with covers - so a week later I don't yet have a cover.

In the pissing Down rain in Chatswoo yesterday, getting some shit out of the boot, reached for the Bunnings umbrella, and the iPad in my left hand let go.

iPad hits the ground then slides along the road and straight into a stormwater drain. The kind with a metal grate and about 10 feet deep. What's worse is I can see it through the grates. Lonely iPad Air, face down with its Apple sign looking up at me.

Had to go to an appointment, when I came back I tried to remove the grates, no luck, then I figured I wouldn't be able to get back out anyway, then I see steel foot holds off to the left and try that grate - it moves!

Take off jacket, look inside car hoping to find some sacrificial shoes, shorts etc, find nothing but the wife's cardigan - no joy. In I go with work clothes, climb down, grab iPad from its home in amongst leaves and water, and climb back out.

No one is the busy street has even stopped to look, I get back in car and hope this adventure hasn't been for naught. Miracle, iPad lives

link1896

Mr Greenfield
bought some 2nd/h hope brakes on here, swapped the hoses over as i like to run left side-front combo -the rear lever had no hose attached as previous owner had it internal routed so just cut hose. bled the front no worries, very easy & stops beautifully.
tried to remove the little connector attached to hose to re-attach to rear calliper with new line -couldn't get the little f&^%er out & ended up screwing it with some pliers, ended up cutting hose & screwed it up agin, crushing it -anyone know where can get one?
Olives are generally reusable, unsure this time.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Preface of this, i got a new iPad last week to replace a broken one. I also mentioned to IT and the wife, these thighs are slippery as and should come with covers - so a week later I don't yet have a cover.

In the pissing Down rain in Chatswoo yesterday, getting some shit out of the boot, reached for the Bunnings umbrella, and the iPad in my left hand let go.

iPad hits the ground then slides along the road and straight into a stormwater drain. The kind with a metal grate and about 10 feet deep. What's worse is I can see it through the grates. Lonely iPad Air, face down with its Apple sign looking up at me.

Had to go to an appointment, when I came back I tried to remove the grates, no luck, then I figured I wouldn't be able to get back out anyway, then I see steel foot holds off to the left and try that grate - it moves!

Take off jacket, look inside car hoping to find some sacrificial shoes, shorts etc, find nothing but the wife's cardigan - no joy. In I go with work clothes, climb down, grab iPad from its home in amongst leaves and water, and climb back out.

No one is the busy street has even stopped to look, I get back in car and hope this adventure hasn't been for naught. Miracle, iPad lives
Why were your thighs slippery?

Minlak

custom titis
tried to remove the little connector attached to hose to re-attach to rear caliper with new line -couldn't get the little f&^%er out & ended up screwing it with some pliers, ended up cutting hose & screwed it up again, crushing it -anyone know where can get one?
thanks but dot think its the olive but the insert which goes inside the hose, then the retaining nut screws down on top
Forgive them please in their rush to reply they often forget to actually read the post.
1) What model Brakes do you have?

This what I need for the E4 Calipers. As you can see the "Insert" (Hot tip people the part he is asking about) looks different to yours. The one in your picture looks more like an Avid one but I don't know enough about brakes other than E4 levers.

You will also need the little washer if it is supposed to be the same as in my picture.

IMG_1244.jpg

Daniel Hale

thanks minlak -im beginning to think my hope brakes had the wrong part, i will order the brass insert as per your pic, they are x2 race

Minlak

custom titis
thanks minlak -im beginning to think my hope brakes had the wrong part, i will order the brass insert as per your pic, they are x2 race
If you don't want to wait being Christmas and all I can send you down a set but you wont get it until probably Wednesday? I have no changes planned and it isn't like they are a consumable part I replace every day. It is my last set though I destroyed 3 olives trying to shorten braided hose before I got smart. Whenever I order from the UK I always chuck in a set of pads or another fitting kit to keep topped up.

https://www.merlincycles.com/hope-brass-insert-58098.html
https://www.evanscycles.com/en-au/hope-brass-insert-for-5mm-hose-EV208137
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/hope-brass-insert/rp-prod9952

Dont forget you need that little washer too so maybe buy the hose connector kit just in case.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/hope-hose-connector/rp-prod3257

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Forgive them please in their rush to reply they often forget to actually read the post.
1) What model Brakes do you have?

This what I need for the E4 Calipers. As you can see the "Insert" (Hot tip people the part he is asking about) looks different to yours. The one in your picture looks more like an Avid one but I don't know enough about brakes other than E4 levers.

You will also need the little washer if it is supposed to be the same as in my picture.

View attachment 334247
So the "insert" is what many of us commonly refer to as a "barb" ?

teK--

Eats Squid
I have spare barbs and olives where are you? PM me.

teK--

Eats Squid

Nice rescue; find any other loot down there?