Confessions from the fuckwits

moorey

call me Mia
Haaaaaaaaaaaa... No. Zee are fairly hard to beat for price vs quality one a freeride bike. So I have a few of them in operation.
Do you know that they are essentially Deore cranks without a granny? Would you run deore on a freeride bike? Doesn't change anything for me, but it has for some I know.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
They do have more meat to them on the arms, the cutout bit on deores is larger. great cranks, especially for the price.

moorey

call me Mia
Pretty sure previous slx and zee shifters were same (haven't compared new), and the derailleur was essentially a short cage SLX. Brakes have always been the only real main difference, with the quad piston, and my limited experiences were excellent. Cranks may or may not be a slightly burlier deore, haven't looked super close, but appeared essentially the same. Just sold last set of zee, and been a few years since using any deore.
Just looking at pics, does seem more taken out from inside of the crank arms.
IMG_1327.JPG
IMG_1326.JPG

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Do you know that they are essentially Deore cranks without a granny? Would you run deore on a freeride bike? Doesn't change anything for me, but it has for some I know.
I haven't had any issues to date and been running them for a while. I might need to step my game up! Shimano plug them as a cheap tough guy crank. Though I don't think they meet the "practically saint" standard people have spoken of in the past. Wasn't that the short lived Hone range?

They do have more meat to them on the arms, the cutout bit on deores is larger. great cranks, especially for the price.
They tick my boxes for strength to weight. If I was rolling in it...Saint all round.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Pretty sure previous slx and zee shifters were same (haven't compared new), and the derailleur was essentially a short cage SLX. Brakes have always been the only real main difference, with the quad piston, and my limited experiences were excellent. Cranks may or may not be a slightly burlier deore, haven't looked super close, but appeared essentially the same. Just sold last set of zee, and been a few years since using any deore.
Just looking at pics, does seem more taken out from inside of the crank arms.
They might look similar on the outside but the forgings of the alloy might be a different process.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
So, I thought it would be a good idea to pick up some drivetrain spares to keep around, mostly for a planned trip next year to Thredbo. Every time I go, something wears out or breaks and needs replacing, and it's proven rather difficult to get the parts I'd like from the mountain store that late in the season.

So fuck-up? number 1: Shopping for parts, I think, might as well get 11sp gear rather than replace the 10sp stuff on there. 30min later I have a full 11sp upgrade for the bike ordered, so that escalated quickly.

The proper fuck-up? In my infinite wisdom, I did actually realise that going 11sp gives me a greater gearing range but the 11T on the back is the same, so I might want to adjust the front ring a bit. Rather than just going full granny gear I wanted a bit more top speed. The fuck-up was I just went 'smaller front then, better top speed!', and now have (another) 30T NW ring to match the current one.

2 seconds of actual thought could have avoided this. Apparently too much for me.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So, I thought it would be a good idea to pick up some drivetrain spares to keep around, mostly for a planned trip next year to Thredbo. Every time I go, something wears out or breaks and needs replacing, and it's proven rather difficult to get the parts I'd like from the mountain store that late in the season.

So fuck-up? number 1: Shopping for parts, I think, might as well get 11sp gear rather than replace the 10sp stuff on there. 30min later I have a full 11sp upgrade for the bike ordered, so that escalated quickly.

The proper fuck-up? In my infinite wisdom, I did actually realise that going 11sp gives me a greater gearing range but the 11T on the back is the same, so I might want to adjust the front ring a bit. Rather than just going full granny gear I wanted a bit more top speed. The fuck-up was I just went 'smaller front then, better top speed!', and now have (another) 30T NW ring to match the current one.

2 seconds of actual thought could have avoided this. Apparently too much for me.
Hahahaha. One of my friends has 3 of the same chain ring freshly delivered because he too wasn't paying attention.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wow! I had to search all the way to page 4 to find this...I suspect there are a few of you skipping confession.

After a smashing day on the trails I decided to treat myself to laying on the lounge for a few hours unable to shower and head out for dinner. When I finally managed to get clean I was stuck with some limited food options and didn't want to end up back at old faithful for a 1030 dinner 2 nights in a row. Naturally I chose a kebab. It was enjoyable and some cool young kids also eating at the kebab shop decided my name should be Jared. Fuck that kids Jared is a ranger!

Anyway after working all of that out I go to unlock my bike and ride away...fuck me!!! I've left my fucking keys at home. Over to the taxi rank at the pub and off we go. $20 each way and the driver cut me a deal of $30 cash. I'm guessing this is something they do as an attempt to combat uber? This is the first taxi I have caught in about a year.