Confessions from the fuckwits

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I will not touch the front brake on steep technical descents

One day I'll learn. Tally from today was one elbow, one shoulder (they'll grow back right?) and a new helmet.

Turns out Bell Helmets make unplanned introductions with hard ground kinda ok.

On the plus side, bike seems undamaged so I'm chalking this up as only semi-fuckwittery.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
No front brake equals uncontrollable slide...just get your handsome arse back off, and behind the seat...

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Doesn’t matter how low your seat. If super steep and techy, I’m off it, behind, and skimming the tyre on my arse.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Doesn’t matter how low your seat. If super steep and techy, I’m off it, behind, and skimming the tyre on my arse.
Ahhhhh.... The butt cheek V brake and knackers on the knobbies trick.

The real skill is not to get your goolies stuck in a brake arch :)

All that aside, you are spot on and shifting your weight forward and back is the fun part of MTB'ing.

I ride 3xtr3m3 nancy style and still don't see why I need a dropper since I haven't had problems before but that is another story. I'm obviously missing out on something.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ahhhhh.... The butt cheek V brake and knackers on the knobbies trick.

The real skill is not to get your goolies stuck in a brake arch :)

All that aside, you are spot on and shifting your weight forward and back is the fun part of MTB'ing.

I ride 3xtr3m3 nancy style and still don't see why I need a dropper since I haven't had problems before but that is another story. I'm obviously missing out on something.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
You probably ride side saddle.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ride to work this morning, road oriented bike with skinny tyres. Hop kerb poorly resulting in a pinch flat. Stop to repair so I'm not too late, Opened up the pack and got out the tube and pump...but 26" MTB tube isn't going to fit in a 700x23mm tyres. Hoof it back home in riding shoes.

Bonus points because Monday's ride copped a pinch flat on MTB becuase I haven't converted the new bike to tubeless yet, but didn't have a tube or pump and didn't learn my lesson about riding without appropriate spares.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ I had a similar experience recently. I claimed that having all imaginable spares in my pack made me immune to flat tyres...oh how wrong I was! Flat tyre next run, tube destroyed. The spare tube in my pack was a torn up one I'd meant to throw out. The repair kit could resolve holes in either tube.