Confessions from the fuckwits

Flow-Rider

Burner
They must make MTB rims really flimsy these days as I've got an old set of MTB Maddux 26" rims with slicks mounted that I normally pump up to 80psi and have done so for years.

Last edited:

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They must make MTB rims really flimsy these days as I've got an old set of MTB Maduux 26" rims with slicks mounted that I normally pump up to 80psi and have done so for years.
Well don't really know what mine were pumped to as I wasn't looking at the gauge and I din't set it on the compressor. They were 2.3 tyres though not slicks yes I have some 26 inch slicks (Spez Fatboys) I used to pump to something similar.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Well don't really know what mine were pumped to as I wasn't looking at the gauge and I din't set it on the compressor. They were 2.3 tyres though not slicks yes I have some 26 inch slicks (Spez Fatboys) I used to pump to something similar.
The bigger you go in tyre width, the less pressure they max out at according to the chart on the Stans. I did once spray a heap of silicone lube on the bead and blew the tyre off the rim at about 60 psi, thought I had broken the rim but nope.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Bled the brakes the other day.

Both syringes screwed in, started pressing down on the caliper syringe to push the bubbles up to the lever ... no movement from either syringe. Gave it a little more force ... nope, no movement.

This genius had one syringe in the front caliper and the other syringe in the rear lever.

Currently in search of a new hobby