Confessions from the fuckwits

Calvin27

Eats Squid
New bike and decided to get someone to build it given the amount of landscape works in my backyard. Thought i had all the parts. List of cock-ups:
  • Tube valves not long enough for deep dish wheels
  • Missing to cap. Neither the headset or the compression plug had one lol
  • Barrel adjuster was for brake cable not shifter
  • Needed one extra 5mm spacer.
  • No bar end caps

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
New bike and decided to get someone to build it given the amount of landscape works in my backyard. Thought i had all the parts. List of cock-ups:
  • Tube valves not long enough for deep dish wheels
  • Missing to cap. Neither the headset or the compression plug had one lol
  • Barrel adjuster was for brake cable not shifter
  • Needed one extra 5mm spacer.
  • No bar end caps
Luckily not that bad all things considered. Little niggles, easily sorted!

takai

Eats Squid
Yes if we are talking 10-45 vs 10-50 that's true. It is around 150G.
According to Shimano its the 10-51 that is 470g:
Weight for that 10-51-tooth XT cassette is 470 grams.

Either way, i have been able to cancel the XT cassette as part of my order, and will get an NX cassette for now. Probably go to the XT eventually, but for now getting the bike built is preferred.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
According to Shimano its the 10-51 that is 470g:

Either way, i have been able to cancel the XT cassette as part of my order, and will get an NX cassette for now. Probably go to the XT eventually, but for now getting the bike built is preferred.
My bad, you're right. I misread it as the XT but they were talking SLX.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Yeah. im now debating whether i buy an entirely new Pro4 rear hub in Microspline and keep this Pro2Evo as a spare, or whether i just get a SRAM NX cluster which runs on the HG splines, at a 200g weight penalty.
Garbaruk do 12 speed cassettes for hg drives now. I went this way to save mucking around with hubs or wheels.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Still have two kidneys, given their pricing?
Ha ha, yeah they definitely aren't cheap.
I'm running a few now and am sold on there quality. I'm guilty of not always washing my bike but i do keep drivetrain clean and lubed. To date i havent had to replace one yet. I took into account the $160 id spend of freehub body and thought bugger it and splashed again. I havent found good deals on the 12 speed cassettes yet.

takai

Eats Squid
Ha ha, yeah they definitely aren't cheap.
I'm running a few now and am sold on there quality. I'm guilty of not always washing my bike but i do keep drivetrain clean and lubed. To date i havent had to replace one yet. I took into account the $160 id spend of freehub body and thought bugger it and splashed again. I havent found good deals on the 12 speed cassettes yet.
Yeah. For now i ended up getting the SRAM NX cluster, might splash on something else later. But this 'cheap' bike upgrade has turned out to be a two full upgrades and therefore somewhat exxy.

I did order the Aliexpress freehub too, just to future proof things. Anticipate that it will arrive sometime in 2021.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Yeah. For now i ended up getting the SRAM NX cluster, might splash on something else later. But this 'cheap' bike upgrade has turned out to be a two full upgrades and therefore somewhat exxy.

I did order the Aliexpress freehub too, just to future proof things. Anticipate that it will arrive sometime in 2021.
Yeah with postage times at the moment 2021 sounds about right.
I had a parcel make it to the post office today only taken 2 weeks. Go to post office tonight and they now shut at 4pm. Looks like I might have time to get there Saturday, oh the suspense.

takai

Eats Squid
Yeah with postage times at the moment 2021 sounds about right.
I had a parcel make it to the post office today only taken 2 weeks. Go to post office tonight and they now shut at 4pm. Looks like I might have time to get there Saturday, oh the suspense.
I had a frame make it down here from Brisbane in 3 days. Was impressed.
Have another 4 auspost parcels in transit, will see how they go.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I had a frame make it down here from Brisbane in 3 days. Was impressed.
Have another 4 auspost parcels in transit, will see how they go.
That is impressive. I live 3hrs from Brisbane and it took 4 days via express post to get an order from Pushys. Even worse when you get the txt saying it is ready to pick up and when you go it's not there. And the lady says "that happens all the time".

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
That is impressive. I live 3hrs from Brisbane and it took 4 days via express post to get an order from Pushys. Even worse when you get the txt saying it is ready to pick up and when you go it's not there. And the lady says "that happens all the time".
sounds like ringing the chunts to check before driving there is in order, esp if it happens all the time.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I posted to Tasmania on 20/4....it’s saying it hasn’t even left our PO yet. :rolleyes:
I had one from a RBer come the other way recently. It was 'Pending' with no tracking record at all ... until it was delivered. Then Aus Post responded to my enquiry about a week later, 4 days after it was delivered !

Jpez

Down on the left!
I posted to Tasmania on 20/4....it’s saying it hasn’t even left our PO yet. :rolleyes:
Your package to me arrived In Melbourne the day after you sent it. Then sat there for 10 days. :rolleyes:
Ive got a birthday present for the missus in the mail. If it doesn’t arrive in time I’m dead.
Even though it’s completely out of my control if it’s not there on the day I clearly don’t love her.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Your package to me arrived In Melbourne the day after you sent it. Then sat there for 10 days. :rolleyes:
Ive got a birthday present for the missus in the mail. If it doesn’t arrive in time I’m dead.
Even though it’s completely out of my control if it’s not there on the day I clearly don’t love her.
I read somewhere on here growlers are good presents for the misses? Food for thought if aus post doesn’t come through. Y=N+1 after all.