Confessions from the fuckwits

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So this beast of a bookcase has been sitting in my factory for 5 months waiting for lockdown to finish so I could install it.
It was designed to seperate into 3 sections and I had thought I’d measured the inside of the house so I was pretty confident I could get the 2.7 x 1300 sections in the front door, into the hall and then wind it around through the door into the room they were going into. I had made an appointment to go back and check measure one more time before I started the build but then lockdown came and I wasn’t allowed to do that. So I went ahead and built it and thought ‘she’ll be right’ View attachment 369035
So day of install arrives and I’m not feeling so confident. Get the units to the jobs and it looks tight but figure It’ll wind through and up . Nup it won’t go. Spent hours with these heavy fuckers trying to thread them through the door every which way. Nope. So it’s finally decided the only way to get them to swing enough is to cut out some plaster. Do that, with the horrified owner watching on and it still ain’t enough. So the only thing left is to cut the plaster on the other side of the wall as well which happens to be their living room . So i got them in the room after 6 hours of fucking around. But I now have to replace a stud,re plaster , colour match and paint two walls and I still haven’t actually installed the units yet. What a fucking day....View attachment 369036
Meh, plaster is easy fix. Good job. Reminds me of the time we helped a mate install electric windows in his old chrysler. The donor doors were rusty and evrything was locked solid so it needed some tappity tappity. And the car doors had quarter glasses so the frames had to be removed. We sent him into the house, quickly and carefully pulled the bits we needed and fitted the new parts to the car doors. Then spent about 15 minutes pummeling the shit out of the old doors with hammers. Dropped an original window glass on the floor so it shattered, swore and jumped in our cars and drove off around the corner. He came flying out of the house ready for the worst only to see the doors and electric windows fitted to his car...

Jpez

Down on the left!
Meh, plaster is easy fix. Good job. Reminds me of the time we helped a mate install electric windows in his old chrysler. The donor doors were rusty and evrything was locked solid so it needed some tappity tappity. And the car doors had quarter glasses so the frames had to be removed. We sent him into the house, quickly and carefully pulled the bits we needed and fitted the new parts to the car doors. Then spent about 15 minutes pummeling the shit out of the old doors with hammers. Dropped an original window glass on the floor so it shattered, swore and jumped in our cars and drove off around the corner. He came flying out of the house ready for the worst only to see the doors and electric windows fitted to his car...
Yeah, plaster is easy to fix when all is said and done. But at the end of the day this little fuck up is going to cost me about 2.5k to fix with all considered and worst of all I looked like a dick head to the customer who has been waiting patiently for 5 months to have this installed. I’m more than happy to admit to you lot I’m a fuckwit but looking like a fuckwit to a customer is never a good look.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So this beast of a bookcase has been sitting in my factory for 5 months waiting for lockdown to finish so I could install it.
It was designed to seperate into 3 sections and I had thought I’d measured the inside of the house so I was pretty confident I could get the 2.7 x 1300 sections in the front door, into the hall and then wind it around through the door into the room they were going into. I had made an appointment to go back and check measure one more time before I started the build but then lockdown came and I wasn’t allowed to do that. So I went ahead and built it and thought ‘she’ll be right’ View attachment 369035
So day of install arrives and I’m not feeling so confident. Get the units to the jobs and it looks tight but figure It’ll wind through and up . Nup it won’t go. Spent hours with these heavy fuckers trying to thread them through the door every which way. Nope. So it’s finally decided the only way to get them to swing enough is to cut out some plaster. Do that, with the horrified owner watching on and it still ain’t enough. So the only thing left is to cut the plaster on the other side of the wall as well which happens to be their living room . So i got them in the room after 6 hours of fucking around. But I now have to replace a stud,re plaster , colour match and paint two walls and I still haven’t actually installed the units yet. What a fucking day....View attachment 369036
You should have called dozer for instructions on how to just snip the tip off.

Minlak

custom titis
That's pretty impressive - you seem to be quite the "Handyman" - Lol (don't Hurt me)

Scotty675

Cable thief
That sucks man. I’ve been close though. Got away with door and door stops though. The joys of joinery

Minlak

custom titis
I have no idea why 90% of the people on there feel qualified to offer advise. It’s not even hubris, just utter stupidity.
I pity anyone who listens to a word. It’s not even like the usual trolling....just cluelessness.
For the internet likes - People just want to feel relevant and get the endorphin kick of some one paying attention to them - Not a funny reply this is exactly it - Listened to 2 very interesting podcasts this week that address exactly this and why Facebook / Insta / Tok Ticker etc are how they are