Confessions from the fuckwits

AaronM

Likes Dirt
When I bought my bike back in July the LBS tried to sell me a pump and I was all like “no worries bro, got a compressor”. This has made inflating tyres easy while I work out my comfortable pressure.

Then my wife gets her bike in September and it’s got Presta valves. LBS again tries to sell a pump. I’m still all like “no worries bro, got a compressor”.

Wife is convinced tyre pressures are low. I get one of the adapters to inflate from my compressor (as the tyre inflator I have is schrader only) tyre inflates a bit but the air leaks etc while trying this drive me crazy.

Black Friday sale see Pushys doing a floor pump for $39.99 down from $90. Less 15% extra and free delivery.

Box arrives today that’s half my height. Unpack a retro floor pump.

Same malarkey as the compressor.

Look at the instruction diagram closely and realise the tips of the Presta valves need to be unscrewed to inflate.

Fuckwit.

But a Fuckwit with a nice floor pump.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Oh boy..

Went to replace a shifter cable and without thinking just opened it from the back (including removing lever and the backing plate). Then realised I could have just used one screw on other side... Now I can't get the shifter back together..... And the replacement cable seems to be too thick...

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I think I'm just going to include it to the "final jobs" list for taking into the mechanics once I've got as much as I can get done.. Bound to be a few more fuckups over this week :)

Also need a new brake cable hose too - after faffing about to get it internally routed, its about 2 inches too short. I thought coming from a L frame to a M would have meant long enough, but its not. So now I need to get a whole new cable hose with banjo etc etc. At least it was good practice replacing the fittings...

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I think I'm just going to include it to the "final jobs" list for taking into the mechanics once I've got as much as I can get done.. Bound to be a few more fuckups over this week :)

Also need a new brake cable hose too - after faffing about to get it internally routed, its about 2 inches too short. I thought coming from a L frame to a M would have meant long enough, but its not. So now I need to get a whole new cable hose with banjo etc etc. At least it was good practice replacing the fittings...
I've got heaps of hose if you get some reusable banjo fittings off ebay.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Carbon seatpost dropped from the bench and car accidentally ran it over. Took a look at it and surprisingly it survived! To use or not?

nathanm

Eats Squid
Riding with the UG Saturday, she lets out a yell, I turn around to find her bike up against a tree. I'm thinking what has this absolute Potato done this time. Turns out I'd failed to tighten the stem bolts when I replaced the fork and the wheel had turned 90 degree's to the bar. thank god it happened on the uphill.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Riding with the UG Saturday, she lets out a yell, I turn around to find her bike up against a tree. I'm thinking what has this absolute Potato done this time. Turns out I'd failed to tighten the stem bolts when I replaced the fork and the wheel had turned 90 degree's to the bar. thank god it happened on the uphill.
Talking about yourself as a potato in the third person is a bit weird.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk