COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

moorey

call me Mia
You are correct, and my point is that all the literature I have seen says you generally the antibodies that prevent it from recurring. This directly relates to my comments to Daniel about his belief that it’s the same situation with Covid.
Developing the antibodies is no silver bullet. Particularly with Covid possibly, because of how it can mutate, and seemingly the antibodies don’t last.

Maybe. None of us know.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Develop inge antibodies is no silver bullet. Particularly with Covid possibly, because of how it can mutate, and seemingly the antibodies don’t last.
Maybe. None of us know.
certain viruses link herpes zoster, which causes chicken pox can reflame in conditions eg shingles, and a wart virus stays with you for like, but it’s usually only the severe viruses which can re-occur and usually only if you are sever,y immunocompromised, - eg the influenza virus does not reoccur on people years later, you normally receive a different strain but influenza is the only 1 commmon virus which mutates regularly.
i still,stay to you if you have no IgM Ab tests to confirm your repeat of EbV likely didn’t happen,despite what you think -if there’s no evidence, scientific test to back it up - it was one of the similar circuses which presents the same. yours or a dr’s say so it was the same virus counts for nothing, show us the evidence

you are partially right about Anitobodies not being total silver bullets, but they work for something like 99.8% of population, eg when we were doing HepB immunisation we tested patients seroconversion 2-3months post last dose, to confirm cos someone was studying. however our whole infant/child imminisation program relies on the fact that we have near to total immunity to polio/measles/rubella/hepB/soon to be HPV for women. only really weak viruses like sars-cov2 which don’t illicit a full immune response may be either very poor or pointless vaccinations. Most commonly virus exposure, either vaccines or disease gives lifelong cover -only bacterial infections like tetanus/whoop cough vaccines don’t work long term ..and why you ned repeat doses, they don’t activate out immune memory cells like viruses produce

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
. Particularly with Covid possibly, because of how it can mutate, and seemingly the antibodies don’t last.

Maybe. You clearly don’t know.
stop saying it mutates, there is no proper scientific evidence of this, just rumour and here say propagated by non-experts in the field, - if you want o quite a journal article from science or nature etc with actual proof i’d be very interested to read it - only bacteria mutate super fast, influenza is the fastest common virus, taking close to 1 year

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
stop saying it mutates, there is no proper scientific evidence of this, just rumour and here say propagated by non-experts in the field, - if you want o quite a journal article from science or nature etc with actual proof i’d be very interested to read it - only bacteria mutate super fast, influenza is the fastest common virus, taking close to 1 year
So you're demanding @moorey provides evidence to support his claims, but you're not providing evidence to support yours?

In case you haven't noticed, this isn't the same old viral merry-go-round.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
My understanding, having also experienced the joy of Glandular Fever, is that once you have the virus it's with you for life. However a properly-functioning immune system is able to keep a lid on it. Relapse can occur if the immune system is suppressed by whatever reason, which allows it to spike.

I've had one full-blown bout, medically confirmed, several mild relapses, and twice returned positive test results when being treated for something else entirely!
Parvo is another one that lives forever in your bone marrow. Kirsty is scarred of covid lest it trigger it again and she loses another whole year to chronic illness and fatigue...

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I will fillet braze my cracked aluminium frame because it's metal. That's what Daniel's flu mutation comparison sounds like to me.

Not to mention being owned on the question about a journal, try typing covid mutation journal into Google.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn’t think there was much debate in the medical/scientific community re immunity.. From everything I have read immunity is temporary, just like any other respiratory/coronavirus.. The debate seems how long this immunity lasts, whether it’s anitbodies/T cells that provide protection.. Of the recorded re infections I have read about all have been very mild cases the second time round which suggests a level of protection but not straight out immunity..
Either way i think people are kidding themselves if they expect a one shot vaccine is on the way.. It will most likely be an annual booster and certain % of protection just like a flu vaccine..
Even with low levels of partial immunity (vaccine or herd) the virus will have to mutate to keep spreading.. No point re infecting hosts that are unlikely to pass it on.. Historically with flu/respiratory viruses these mutations make the virus less nasty and eventually it will just become endemic in society..