COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Clearly shit daytime TV talk shows are exempt from social responsibility.
Must be an essential service to flog shit mail order products and life insurance!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
They have closed all major mountain bike trails in Tasmania.
Not so much as that riding is the risk but the gathering at trailheads, car parks and camping area isn't good plus people traveling across the state to ride. Just need to stay at home and ride in quiet areas locally.
Probably part of the aim is to reduce the strain on emergency departments over the coming weeks too.

Still sucks a bit though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Clarity! Wasn't that hard, was it Centrelink!

I can't believe it took so long to get up to date details on such a major announcement live. They probably would've know before the announcement, or at least had a strong indication. Alternatively it doesn't take long to make a brief fact sheet and let people unfamiliar with their convoluted system know that it's under control. Building a functional/stable form might take a little while though.

Anyway it's up now and people can stop lining up to catch the bug.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I never picked you for a dole bludging, ice smoking, cone punching layabout who is a parasite on our society ;).
But seriously, hope things go well for you. It will be over soon enough. You owe me a good coffee for the kind words
Over? Sounds like the dream has just begun!!!

clockworked

Like an orange
Not so much as that riding is the risk but the gathering at trailheads, car parks and camping area isn't good plus people traveling across the state to ride. Just need to stay at home and ride in quiet areas locally.
Where did you see that?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Have a full face arriving for my young fella today, purchased from the Netherlands. Arrived in Australia on 23/3 and is being delivered by Aus Post.

In the current circumstances, what precautions would you take before letting him use it? Spray with disinfectant? Let it sit in the shed for a week? Sit it in the sun for the day?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
REally hit home yesterday.

Work is locking the doors tonight so we all went in and grabbed our essential kit yesterday. Saying goodbye to people in a way when you weren't sure when you would see them again, or even if you would see some of them again, was pretty profound.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Spray with disinfectant? Let it sit in the shed for a week? Sit it in the sun for the day?
My Hibike order will be here today or tomorrow.

Already hatched a plan for it.

Got a set of disposable gloves sitting near the front door.

Plan is to lift it to the garage, spray with glen20 then open it up, remove paper package filler and let it sit open for 2-3 days. Might even pour out the contents and dump the box.

Paper packing and cardboard to the recycle, remove gloves and wash anything that touches the package or contents.

It's not so much for ze German that packed it. More the packaging and baggage handlers, plane, conveyor belts, warehouses, couriers, postie and anyone else who handled it or where its been sitting on its way from Carona central.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yep, all bike paths and dirt roads for me.

I actually have great trails locally but don't want to be around hospitals right now just as much as I don't want to needlessly clog them up.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Probably part of the aim is to reduce the strain on emergency departments over the coming weeks too.

Still sucks a bit though.
Bit of both I think, removing those area where people travel to and drop the rate of injuries.
I'm kind of hoping that as Tassie doesn't have any person to person transmissions (that we know of :oops:) only people that have come from interstate or cruise ships, give it a couple of weeks those people would be recovering and our numbers should drop.
Still some dip shits coming in on the Spirit of Tasmania though ready to "tour Tasmania" like nothing is happening:rolleyes:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Rode a 30km loop that goes through a dog park. Old lady tells people not to go near her or touch her dog because she just came off a cruise ship. I was tempted to take one for the human race and take her out and run her into the creek.

I just rang the bell instead.