eBikes - what's the current perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Been a while since someone tickled the 'ol ebike thread...

Sort of on topic - does anyone think this might take off in mtb form: https://lopifit.com? Trail-running X mountain biking?

I'm struggling with the whole notion of “How can I use the treadmill outdoors?” - why not just go outdoors without the freaking treadmill in the first place?

More importantly - is this an e-bike and should it be banned from mtb tracks?

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
Been a while since someone tickled the 'ol ebike thread...

Sort of on topic - does anyone think this might take off in mtb form: https://lopifit.com? Trail-running X mountain biking?

I'm struggling with the whole notion of “How can I use the treadmill outdoors?” - why not just go outdoors without the freaking treadmill in the first place?

More importantly - is this an e-bike and should it be banned from mtb tracks?
it's a motorbike.

But yeah, seems a good idea for commutifying if you'd prefer not to be in a metal can, bike seats are not your thing and you lived 20km from where you need to work.

Seems a shit idea for mountain biking.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, saw that as well. From what I can tell the path was a shared cycle/pedestrian path in an area that I ride a lot myself. And if so, I'm often going much faster than 18kph as this rider was. Thus, I don't think the power of his bike and mode of propulsion are that relevant to this case...., your honour.

Minlak

custom titis
So interesting story......
I have been saying for a while that you all better get used to e-bikes because they are coming and you will start to encounter them more and more. It is already on the radar of Parks and Wildlife as they are currently working out how to change the wording to allow these bikes on trails that are in National Parks and State Forrests........

Nambra

I have been saying for a while that you all better get used to e-bikes because they are coming and you will start to encounter them more and more. It is already on the radar of Parks and Wildlife as they are currently working out how to change the wording to allow these bikes on trails that are in National Parks and State Forrests........
Methinks you've just opened an old wound... there's life in this 'ol thread yet!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Saw 2 fit young people leaving the local reserve on cheap nasty ebikes just recently. She was so pretty.

slowmick

38-39"
There is an older gentleman in my area of European descent. He has one of those very stealthy looking e-bikes that unless you look really closely you'd never notice. That is until he passes you on the bike track wearing his gardening clothes with a terry toweling hat and a bag of vegetables in one hand at at about 40 km/h on the flat...

Nambra

There is an older gentleman in my area of European descent. He has one of those very stealthy looking e-bikes that unless you look really closely you'd never notice. That is until he passes you on the bike track wearing his gardening clothes with a terry toweling hat and a bag of vegetables in one hand at at about 40 km/h on the flat...
Let's hope he doesn't get his continental cucumber caught up in his front wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.