First ride on a dually - wow

Z

Zaf

Throw the Fuel EX into the mix as well. Especially now that Trek is gearing up for the 2019 colour ways with their Alloy Slash being released, you should see a lot of the "old" stock (same frame, different paint job and maybe slight spec changes) go into sales mode.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Throw the Fuel EX into the mix as well. Especially now that Trek is gearing up for the 2019 colour ways with their Alloy Slash being released, you should see a lot of the "old" stock (same frame, different paint job and maybe slight spec changes) go into sales mode.
Probably my next buy is a fuel ex 9.8 with all the carbon goodies. CG2F's about colours really. Ripper bikes

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode a Trek Fuel EX8 today, liked it a lot. Three different bikes I've ridden now and they were all good.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I picked up a Merida One Forty 800 back in January.
Ripping trail bike that I absolutely love.
I use all of the rear travel pretty much every ride but I don't ever remember feeling it bottom out.
Fantastic spec for the coin too.
Dunno how I missed this - one thing I haven't found much of is posts from people who own these bikes. Reading reviews is ok but you rarely see a negative review of something from sources that are in the business of doing reviews. Maybe bikes are better off in that regards than some other gear-centric pastimes.
So is your bike the current yellow version ? Flow Mountainbike gave it a very good review, as did a couple of other sites. I couldn't pick some of the criticisms that I've read of the Trek Fuel EX8 ( https://enduro-mtb.com/en/trek-fuel-ex-8-29-xt-review/ ) in the time I had to ride it.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Being your first full susser, you probably won’t be able to notice any flaws really, aside from “too much squish, bikes too slack” and “holy fuck I bottomed it out constantly and it flexes too much”.

At this point, what one do you think looks the best? I’d probably go with that one. All of the bikes you’re looking at are pretty solid.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Which looks the best ? hmm prolly the loud yellow One Forty but I do like the idea of the satin black, or very dark grey bikes that kinda look the same across a few different brands. Could get another bike or two and the Mrs won't notice if they all look the same to her. I'm interested to ride the Trek Full Stache the shop has just got in. I don't think I'd buy one of those but wanna try it for curiosity's sake

Ultra Lord

Which looks the best ? hmm prolly the loud yellow One Forty but I do like the idea of the satin black, or very dark grey bikes that kinda look the same across a few different brands. Could get another bike or two and the Mrs won't notice if they all

Black bikes for the win

koiom

Likes Bikes
Dunno how I missed this - one thing I haven't found much of is posts from people who own these bikes. Reading reviews is ok but you rarely see a negative review of something from sources that are in the business of doing reviews. Maybe bikes are better off in that regards than some other gear-centric pastimes.
So is your bike the current yellow version ? Flow Mountainbike gave it a very good review, as did a couple of other sites. I couldn't pick some of the criticisms that I've read of the Trek Fuel EX8 ( https://enduro-mtb.com/en/trek-fuel-ex-8-29-xt-review/ ) in the time I had to ride it.

Yep, it's the yellow 2018 version.
As previously mentioned, for the price, I found it very hard to beat spec wise.
I have zero complaints with how it rides.
I should add the caveat that I hadn't ridden in about 6 years and I didn't even bother testing other bikes.
Threw a leg over the Merida on a test ride and then said take my money.
I have no basis for comparison against other current trail bikes, but I'm super happy with it and have zero regrets on my choice

Ultra Lord

You ridden either? Trek suck. “Made in USA” on the high end models=painted in america. Relies on an ensurance companies endorsement to get sales. Goerge W. Bush rides em.
Have trek stopped their proprietary shocks from blowing up yet? Reactive is shit. You know this when the race teams swap it out for a shock that works.

How is it a better design than this?
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/trance-29er-2-2019
Whats got you hating giant so much that you go to the other two big players that aren’t any better?