Formula One world championship

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
imagine the interview with Vettel - 'so, the renault powerplant isn't working, you have qualified 18th and not likely to finish today's race. how do you like them apples, bitch?'
hahahah. I was thinking the same. Unfortunately after a bit more reading it looks like he is only going to be an "occasional" presenter and presenting series of insider type stories. :(

akashra

Eats Squid
hahahah. I was thinking the same. Unfortunately after a bit more reading it looks like he is only going to be an "occasional" presenter and presenting series of insider type stories. :(
Better yet, "... your teammate has out-qualified you for the eighth straight time by more than five places..."

wombat

Lives in a hole
I have a solution to spice F1 up: Run two races; one Saturday and one Sunday. The Saturday race grid is made up of your qualifying time but reversed so fastest starts last. Award the same points for that as you would for Sunday's race which which is started in the order you qualified prior to Saturday's race..........if there are any cars left.
Yes! And in addition, for every race that is held on a Saturday with an even date, every odd finishing position carries the option for a driver with a yellow helmet to hand a 10 second penalty to a driver of their choosing, unless that driver has written 'purple monkey' inside their cockpit, in which case the penalty is returned to the issuing driver and the purple monkey's team mate, unless Saturn is aligned with Venus, in which case every driver with two or more vowels in their first name has to perform in a handstand showdown on the finish line in order to determine the starting grid for the do-over race which will determine the points for everyone other than drivers with yellow helmets, who will be left to cage fight with each other for 4 points 'tokens' in the form of large Frisbees.

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes! And in addition, for every race that is held on a Saturday with an even date, every odd finishing position carries the option for a driver with a yellow helmet to hand a 10 second penalty to a driver of their choosing, unless that driver has written 'purple monkey' inside their cockpit, in which case the penalty is returned to the issuing driver and the purple monkey's team mate, unless Saturn is aligned with Venus, in which case every driver with two or more vowels in their first name has to perform in a handstand showdown on the finish line in order to determine the starting grid for the do-over race which will determine the points for everyone other than drivers with yellow helmets, who will be left to cage fight with each other for 4 points 'tokens' in the form of large Frisbees.
isn't this what they do in the V8 Supercars?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
When are the next FIA elections? I'm voting wombat!

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bernie needs to hear this genius- customercare@formula1.com

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
But......but what if no one uses a yellow helmet? What will happen to the frisbee fight if no one has a yellow fucking helmet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
But......but what if no one uses a yellow helmet? What will happen to the frisbee fight if no one has a yellow fucking helmet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then it simply falls back to a simple system where each drivers supermodel girlfriend has an inner thigh measurement taken(all filmed live of course) and that measurement is divided by the number of top ten singles that her ex boyfriend has had in the last 18 months. This number is them used as a qualifying number for the frisbee fight. What not clear?

wombat

Lives in a hole
Pfft, have you forgotten about this sport's undying affection for Senna?
There will always be yellow helmets.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Then it simply falls back to a simple system where each drivers supermodel girlfriend has an inner thigh measurement taken(all filmed live of course) and that measurement is divided by the number of top ten singles that her ex boyfriend has had in the last 18 months. This number is them used as a qualifying number for the frisbee fight. What not clear?
Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. I was getting a little worried that they'd try and park twenty two cars on one grid slot because the frisbee fight didn't eventuate.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. I was getting a little worried that they'd try and park twenty two cars on one grid slot because the frisbee fight didn't eventuate.
That's actually a great idea. The cars would have to somehow fight their way out without too much damage like it's some kind of giant mechanical rugby scrum.

It could be called a 'Grosjean Grid'

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It could be called a 'Grosjean Grid'
Ahahahaaaaa! This may explain why they've put Loldonado with him. They'd be first and second with a lap to go and would realise only one can win.

Then the Grosjean Maldonado prophecy comes to life and everyone within 8km of their battle will die from puncture wounds from flying debris.

driftking

Wheel size expert
So who wants to predict how many cars will finish in Melbourne?
I'm going to throw a 9 out there.
Kimi for the win.
None all cars will break before the race has reached its minimum lap limit, in this case all drivers will be force to race on foot for 2 laps of the circuit. They will each have a back up runner who can be used for 33seconds per lap to replace kers.

On redbull did everyone else figure they would have issues, I was more looking at the kers system to be honest though, they had issue with the previous system, they have now double the power and almost six times the time for it to be in use.

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
So who wants to predict how many cars will finish in Melbourne?
I'm going to throw a 9 out there.
Kimi for the win.
I don't think it will be quite as bad as that. I'd imagine likes of Caterham who are used to the arse end of the grid might just look at nursing their car the full distance.

Certainly it'll be interesting if by Malaysia we have a situation where Marussia have more points on the board than Red Bull!

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
None all cars will break before the race has reached its minimum lap limit, in this case all drivers will be force to race on foot for 2 laps of the circuit. They will each have a back up runner who can be used for 33seconds per lap to replace kers.

On redbull did everyone else figure they would have issues, I was more looking at the kers system to be honest though, they had issue with the previous system, they have now double the power and almost six times the time for it to be in use.
Only Webbers car had kers issues. Most unlucky.

al_

Likes Dirt
Have you done a Strava run on the track yet?
Fired up strava this afternoon for the trip home. It was chaos out there though. Traffic was nuts so I spent plenty of time stationary waiting to turn right at the intersections then got stuck at lights! Would have totally smashed Schu's 1.24 otherwise...