Formula One world championship

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
beautiful car, would have liked it with more colour and less white. grid will look awesome with this car up the front this year.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
are we starting this conspiracy again? aha
Still in comparison to the other teams on the grid they had a much higher failure rate.
It's no conspiracy, just simple fact that they are going to pay more attention to Vettel and why wouldnt they? Anyway I personally still think Webber is an arrogant asswipe and hope that I have to listen to him commentating very little.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had never seen an F1 car live until saturday at the top gear festival. Wow. How lucky I am to also be going to Melbourne this weekend.

Has Red Bull been holding something back? Will more than half the field finish the race? Will all the cars start on the grid? I can't wait.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I had never seen an F1 car live until saturday at the top gear festival. Wow. How lucky I am to also be going to Melbourne this weekend.

Has Red Bull been holding something back? Will more than half the field finish the race? Will all the cars start on the grid? I can't wait.
Welcome to the world of F1 mate, it's amazing feeling huh! The Top Gear Festival is a rad day out, I went last year and loved it.

The race this Sunday just got a whole lot more unpredictable ........................ rain!!!! I reckon we'll see some first time scorers, maybe even a first time winner. I am shaking with excitement, it's going to be an amazing event where every lap turned in practice will tell a story.

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Welcome to the world of F1 mate, it's amazing feeling huh! The Top Gear Festival is a rad day out, I went last year and loved it.

The race this Sunday just got a whole lot more unpredictable ........................ rain!!!! I reckon we'll see some first time scorers, maybe even a first time winner. I am shaking with excitement, it's going to be an amazing event where every lap turned in practice will tell a story.
Rain? RBR new tactic. sit in the pits for the first 10 laps while the other cars mostly crash out, then cruise around at 80% to try to pick up a few points.

bring on the racing!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I think having this clean slate, dicey reliability, new toys to learn etc is good for Dan. It's a level attack for him and Vettel and who knows? Dan might shine and be a contender for Vettel's crown. Imagine having an Aussie world champion in our era, that's something to get excited about. ;)

fridgie

Likes Dirt
I think having this clean slate, dicey reliability, new toys to learn etc is good for Dan. It's a level attack for him and Vettel and who knows? Dan might shine and be a contender for Vettel's crown. Imagine having an Aussie world champion in our era, that's something to get excited about. ;)
You'll never have anyone but vettel as contender at RBR in the foreseeable future. Webber would have taken the slimy little bastards crown on an even playing field.

How many failures did Webber have that vettel never ever suffered from. Dirty little prick even disobeyed team orders and what happened? He got applauded....

If I was Dan, I'd drive straight over the top of him in the first race, then stand over and stare him down as he climbs out of the twisted wreck telling him to pull his head in or lose it lol.

Vettel = good driver, disgusting excuse of a human.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
C'mon mate, this is Melbourne we're talking about. They can't predict what the weather will be like in 6hrs, never mind a week!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
You'll never have anyone but vettel as contender at RBR in the foreseeable future. Webber would have taken the slimy little bastards crown on an even playing field.

How many failures did Webber have that vettel never ever suffered from. Dirty little prick even disobeyed team orders and what happened? He got applauded....

If I was Dan, I'd drive straight over the top of him in the first race, then stand over and stare him down as he climbs out of the twisted wreck telling him to pull his head in or lose it lol.

Oh sweet jesus will you listen to yourself!? Never mind the same class, Webber wasn't even at the same bloody school as Vettel!

The 'conspiracy' bullshit has been pretty much put to rest already. Vettel suffered as many mechanical failures as Webber during their time at Red Bull together and if Mark Webber was treated so badly at Red Bull, why did they keep him on for so long despite him a: never winning a championship and b: breaking bones not once but TWICE in extra-curricular activities (not to mention hiding the knowledge of one of those fractures from the team)?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Sorry mate, can't agree. I like Vettel, I reckon he's a gracious winner and good for the sport. He's got a great knack for his car setup, works so well with engineers and gets the right info to them (hence the total domination over the last few years) and keeps his private life and family off the TV. I like that in a sports person, he does it well. What he also did well was dig his heels in and show the team that he is the quickest guy, does the hard yards and late nights and wants that number 1 plate on his door. I guarantee that if you put me in hi shoes in Malaysia last year, I would have done exactly what he did to Webber. Put me in Webber's shoes in the same situation and I would've done the same as him by fighting back until I realised my tyres were shot and the quicker guy was beating me. Fair game I reckon.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Sorry mate, can't agree. I like Vettel, I reckon he's a gracious winner and good for the sport. He's got a great knack for his car setup, works so well with engineers and gets the right info to them (hence the total domination over the last few years) and keeps his private life and family off the TV. I like that in a sports person, he does it well. What he also did well was dig his heels in and show the team that he is the quickest guy, does the hard yards and late nights and wants that number 1 plate on his door. I guarantee that if you put me in hi shoes in Malaysia last year, I would have done exactly what he did to Webber. Put me in Webber's shoes in the same situation and I would've done the same as him by fighting back until I realised my tyres were shot and the quicker guy was beating me. Fair game I reckon.
As much as vettel annoys me winning all the time I agree with dozer here.

Webbers chance at taking the crown was in 2010 that was really it and yes that season and from then on I have always had a chip on my shoulder about vettel after he took webber out at turkey. Even then though whether he would have won the title was questionable. webber finsihed hte season in 3rd 14points behind seb, however seb was taking out of the turkish GP from that crash and webber finished 3rd. In reality that was better for him, if the crash did not happen seb would have finished 2nd and there by the points would have been less between the two and therefore larger at the end of the season.

The only argument is, that the crash effected webbers end of season due to the obvious mental implications and breaking of his roll that season, as he did drop off and its very likely that happened but its a long shot to make that conclusion.

I do think that redbull favored seb it was pretty evident but to go as far as sabotaging is ridiculous. They have no reason to sabotage their driver. As a number two driver with less time spent on him there is a higher chance for things to go wrong with webbers car. Seb is just on another level of driver right now. I hope this season we can see his challenged for the sake of making racing more enjoyable. I have to agree the playing field might not have been even in that garage but I don't think even with a even playing field in the garage webber would have been able to beat him.