Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
The tendinitis in my left forearm is so bad that when I do curls the devil cries tears of pain and light.

Seriously, I just tried to do some isolation curls and I can't curl my left arm anymore. This is getting tough, was just trying to make it to Xmas and then take a month or so off. Not sure if I can make it now.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I've got a dose of the shits that I just can't shake off. It's not kept me chained to the toilet or anything but it's been a week now and despite a diet rich in beer and junk food (especially pizza) I've lost at least 4kg!

I dread getting back to training next week as I fear I may be weaker than the drinks at an Islamic wedding...

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone sell shakers that aren't shit and don't leak everywhere?
Spotlight sell some real sweet shakers I've got two of them.

I've been doing kickboxing pretty regularly and started doing weights again this week might post progress pics if i can find my before. My diet is amazingly different from now to when I didn't care about my weight.

Plow I can imagine mangoes would be high in sugar so thats not great but seriously if your exercising fairly regularly, a few mangoes shouldn't make a difference. Just google to kilojoules, sugar etc in mangoes.

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian

I've been doing kickboxing pretty regularly and started doing weights again this week might post progress pics if i can find my before. My diet is amazingly different from now to when I didn't care about my weight.

Plow I can imagine mangoes would be high in sugar so thats not great but seriously if your exercising fairly regularly, a few mangoes shouldn't make a difference. Just google to kilojoules, sugar etc in mangoes.
Spotlight????? Are we thinking of the same Spotlight here?

Matt H

Eats Squid
The place that sells buttons, linen, has many fine looking women working there, and is next to my place of employment?

Last edited:

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah the one that sells materials etc. They also have a Tupperware section. I would post a picture but im to lazy. I'll try and find one on google.

Damienp

Likes Dirt

The sugar from fruits is only an issue if you over eat them.

As its Fructose, you don't get the same insulin spike that you would from say eating chocolate or lollies.

The key would be as long as your daily intake is not exceeding your bodies fuel requirements you will be safe as houses. The moment it does is when you will start chubbing up again.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
If you want to eat awesome food and get lean go to Mexico. The End. I dropped a good 4kg straight up from a steady diet of tacos. All you eat is spicy meat in wrapped in some corn. Huge clean breaks too. Epic.

f being a roadie but would like some more strength and muscle definition though I'm not really interested in bulking up, besides i think this is pretty much the body type I'm supposed to have, i doubt I'll naturally fill out.
First you must decide what you want. You're skinny and want more strength and muscle definition - but then you don't want to bulk up and this is the body you are meant to have. Which is it? You obviously want more muscle, and need it to gain the definition. Can't have defined muscles if you don't have any. Saying you don't want to bulk up etc is just fear based, just eat plenty of protein and do some bodyweight training. For your core standing twists with 5-15kg to start with and some of the usual lying down stuff.

Give the personal trainer a miss and find yourself Pilates instructor or Yoga teacher. You will save yourself time and dollars, most core work originates from these disciplines.
The yoga I did had bugger all core work in it, but there are many types. Also remember specificity with core work guys, do heaps lying on your back, and thats where your core will be most effective. If you want to have a good useful core when standing, guess what you have to do.

SLIP.

Whats the deal with mangos? I have a fettish, willn they make me fat? Talking.. 2-3 a day here. Usually one with breakfast, lunch or afterwork out or something.

Still exercising regularly. Usually 10km on a treddy 5/6 days a week.
It's a piece of fruit man, few a day is fine. Hell you can have 6 a day, depending on what else you eat.

The tendinitis in my left forearm is so bad that when I do curls the devil cries tears of pain and light.

Seriously, I just tried to do some isolation curls and I can't curl my left arm anymore. This is getting tough, was just trying to make it to Xmas and then take a month or so off. Not sure if I can make it now.
Hah, why on earth are you doing curls with tendonitis? You know you should be doing 4/5ths of fuck all, and crappy isolation curls are probably at the bottom of a benefit/pain list (even for a healthy person).

Nutrition thought of the day. Hamburgers.

Hamburgers are a pretty complete meal. Meat, cheese, vegetables, bread. What more could you ask for, all in a convenient package. Just lived on double meat+cheese burgers (proper ones) for 2 days, feeling good. They were the cheapest/best meals at the beach.

Also kebabs...

Matt H

Eats Squid
Insane workout at the gym tonight, I'm shagged.

One of the power lifters I sometimes train with made me lift so hard. Worked right up to almost doing a legal 100kg squat, missed out by probably an inch. Then after that did a 20 rep of 60kg which almost had me vomiting. woohoo, can barely stand.

Whenever I train with this guy it's not very structured, but always seems to help me break the mental barriers.

:cool::cool::cool:

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Name: Steve
Height: 175cm
Start Weight: 90
Current Weight: 88
Desired Weight: 80kgs or under
Wow, I just realised this thread is over a year old...Feels like months ago..

Well i never really got into it for long enough to do big work but i now make a conscious decision before EVERY meal, which is a huge plus.

Height: 175cm
Current Weight: 82kgs

Haven't been consistent at all until the last couple months.. Last time i was 82kgs would be 5 years ago?

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Height: 182cm
Current Weight:63kg

Thought i'd come use this thread, seeing as this is where all the gym buffs hang out! And with being on school holidays at the moment, i figure i've got plenty of time to do some exercise.,

I'm kind of a bit of an opposite to what this thread's about, i need to put on weight and muscle. At the moment i'm swimming two or three times a week for about an hour, fitting about 3km into that. Just to give you guys some ideas what i need to train for, 'tiss Surf Life Saving, so i need to be quick in the water over short and long distances, a quick sprinter and have the muscle mass / weight to be able to crew well in the IRB (boat).

My diets probably a bit better than the average person of my age with Mum being a triathlete, but it's nothing really special.

Sooo, any tips on what sort of exercises 'nd workouts i should be doing, or if i should be adding anything in particular into my diet or even staying away from any foods. Any help and tips would be ace :)

Last edited:

Matt H

Eats Squid

Thought i'd come use this thread, seeing as this is where all the gym buffs hang out! And with being on school holidays at the moment, i figure i've got plenty of time to do some exercise.,

I'm kind of a bit of an opposite to what this thread's about, i need to put on weight and muscle. At the moment i'm swimming two or three times a week for about an hour, fitting about 3km into that. Just to give you guys some ideas what i need to train for, 'tiss Surf Life Saving, so i need to be quick in the water over short and long distances, a quick sprinter and have the muscle mass / weight to be able to crew well in the IRB (boat).

My diets probably a bit better than the average person of my age with Mum being a triathlete, but it's nothing really special.

Sooo, any tips on what sort of exercises 'nd workouts i should be doing, or if i should be adding anything in particular into my diet or even staying away from any foods. Any help and tips would be ace :)
http://rapidshare.com/files/265549083/rippetoe_-_starting_strength_2nd_edition.rar

password: [found via warez-bb]

This is your new bible.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Just a quick check in, Current weight is now down to 77kg's! Just rode 713km's in 10 days on the great vic bike ride.

Over the school holidays I'll be looking at getting personal training or joining a gym (depends on how much health insurance will pay!) as I cant use the school gym and I don't have a spotter at home so I cant really do any big lifts/get motivated.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unfortunately, all the Media Players on my computer have decided they'd all decide to stop working about a week ago, so it's a no go with that, but thanks anyways! :)

Just a quick check in, Current weight is now down to 77kg's! Just rode 713km's in 10 days on the great vic bike ride.
If you were one of the quick guys on the ride, you'd know me as the guy yelling "pedaaal!" at you in Wye River :p

dog boy

Likes Dirt

to gain muscle mass if ur just starting out at the gym go for full body workouts or possibly split up your training into upper body / lower body( legs) and abs. if you have been training for a while split your work outs into muscle groups e.g sholders triceps, biceps back ect. rest is crutial leave atleast 2 days minimum preferably longer between working the same muscles. eat a good diet you should be aiming for arround 200grams of protine a day, as well as eating a decent ammount of carbs so you get the most out of your training, and will prevent your body trying to burn the protine for energy. to gain gain size quick preferably aim for 10 reps if your starting out or if you have been training for a while go for 6-8 reps.

Matt H

Eats Squid
The majority of that post is nonsense. If he's training for strength he should be focusing on 5x3 workouts (5 reps, 3 sets).

Steve the dog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well I got a manik and started to ride it 15km each day... lost 7kgs in 2 and a half weeks :eek:

...kinda scary

Im 6 foot something and weigh about 65kgs, im on a large frame:D

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The majority of that post is nonsense. If he's training for strength he should be focusing on 5x3 workouts (5 reps, 3 sets).
Only 5 reps? Seems a bit little, but hey, i really know nothing :p I kind of like "doing my own thing" training wise, but would be more than happy to try a structured program. I'm also not really a gym person either, which kinda makes things harder.

if your starting out or if you have been training for a
Just to clear it up; I'm more starting out in more muscle orientated training, but am not a newbie to training in general and am happy to slog it out until i throw up.