Happy GST day everyone!

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
July 1... from today Australian retailers are currently going to be on a level playing field with the implementation of 10% GST on all imports. Yes suddenly the extra 10% is going to make that 50% variance suddenly disappear and all will be well in the land of Oz!

Wiggle have already added GST to their prices and it appears they are here for the long haul. I just placed an order on Hibike and no GST was mentioned.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
This is a big deal coming from @francocozzo who is one of the original furniture capitalists and an impromptu TV star.

Yet another tax.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Happy New financial year! Fuck off with your imports...support the locals, they deserve it. Free market economics for life!!! And a big fuck you to chain reaction for closing their site early last night and fucking me over on that one last buy...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I just placed an order on Hibike and no GST was mentioned.
I have a $900 Hibike order on the way, should be landing tomorrow or Tue, will let you's know if anything untoward happens with it.

Was ordered on the 17th and delayed by about 10 days because of a silly $3 Jagwire brake cable.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a $900 Hibike order on the way, should be landing tomorrow or Tue, will let you's know if anything untoward happens with it.

Was ordered on the 17th and delayed by about 10 days because of a silly $3 Jagwire brake cable.
Me too.... about $800 worth which is in transit and another for $250 which I ordered yesterday.

Z

Zaf

Fuck off with your imports...support the locals, they deserve it. Free market economics for life!!!
You know that means we just vote with our money? If local businesses want to stay afloat, they can either offer better prices than their competition, or they can offer better service, otherwise people will just take their business elsewhere.

For instance, when a local bike shop quotes me a Rockshox Lyrik for $1650 +postage, I'm going to go buy either the same fork WITHOUT the +50% markup, or I'm going to spend that figure on an actual boutique fork (Ohlins, Formula, Intend, CRConception, etc.) because it's not in my interest to get support from a store that sends those parts away to begin with.

I don't have anything against paying taxes, the only thing this really changes for me is that I no longer have to split online baskets to keep them under the $1000 mark and can save on postage.

safreek

You know that means we just vote with our money? If local businesses want to stay afloat, they can either offer better prices than their competition, or they can offer better service, otherwise people will just take their business elsewhere.

For instance, when a local bike shop quotes me a Rockshox Lyrik for $1650 +postage, I'm going to go buy either the same fork WITHOUT the +50% markup, or I'm going to spend that figure on an actual boutique fork (Ohlins, Formula, Intend, CRConception, etc.) because it's not in my interest to get support from a store that sends those parts away to begin with.

I don't have anything against paying taxes, the only thing this really changes for me is that I no longer have to split online baskets to keep them under the $1000 mark and can save on postage.
1650, that would get me three good bikes, thieving pricks

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Wow thats almost 2 of the DVO Diamonds on special from Wiggle. Or a Yari and an Avalanche cartridge. Guess where I put my money.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zaf

Oddjob

Oh you just wait until you get to Newcastle I'll be waiting to dish out a big cold dish of buyers remorse with my fully tricked out Pole.

Z

Zaf

Oh you just wait until you get to Newcastle I'll be waiting to dish out a big cold dish of buyers remorse with my fully tricked out Pole.

Okay, genuinely, I am super excited about the Pole build, my following comments are purely because bants are required!

- I can't hear you over the sound of the endless traction I get from my better unsprung mass and maintenance free drivetrain
- Fully tricked with SLX
- Don't make me buy one and build it to a higher spec than you! (Stay even PLEB'er)
- Couldn't afford a Pole Machine?

Essentially I need a version of this picture, but for bikes:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I thought my irony was thickly laid @Zaf? Free markets should be a 2 way Street, and unfortunately for the consumer they aren't. This recent protectuoniat tax on foreign purchases is just another effort to protect the domestic market and raise revenue for the government.

Price is not the only basis of competition and is generally one of the worst for being unsuitable. The bigger issues I see facing our retail and distribution networks are a lack innovation and service (especially in product knowledge and support). Taxing the use of overseas businesses that are excelling in these areas will not do our retail sector any good.

Z

Zaf

@pink poodle Sorry, I had a depressing weekend reading articles that were serious, but really should have been satire...so my radar for that stuff was all out of adjustment.

Oddjob

Okay, genuinely, I am super excited about the Pole build, my following comments are purely because bants are required!

- I can't hear you over the sound of the endless traction I get from my better unsprung mass and maintenance free drivetrain
- Fully tricked with SLX
- Don't make me buy one and build it to a higher spec than you! (Stay even PLEB'er)
- Couldn't afford a Pole Machine?

Essentially I need a version of this picture, but for bikes:
Ahem...

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?posts/3191569