Help me search for the right frame

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

safreek

I think it is gen 5 so they might be right there.

Anyhow, @safreek would look awesome on that till the talented kiddies at the local trails saw it was really a 1 1/8 HT and then lose all cred in an instant. Tis a fickle world sir.
Ha, as if I have any riding cred, that disappeared when I stopped riding roadies

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yeah, for something with all the sophistication of a barn door, in my experience a Heckler performs really well for what it is (although I may have been spoilt by the DHX on mine, dunno).

Alternatively, what about an Intense Tracer? They're not single pivot, are probably still overpriced and the rear triangle is probably not entirely straight. BUT it does have the required headtube and they look epic, so you're like 60% of the way there.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Yeah, for something with all the sophistication of a barn door, in my experience a Heckler performs really well for what it is (although I may have been spoilt by the DHX on mine, dunno).

Alternatively, what about an Intense Tracer? They're not single pivot, are probably still overpriced and the rear triangle is probably not entirely straight. BUT it does have the required headtube and they look epic, so you're like 60% of the way there.
He'd have to jump in the ring with poodle if one ever showed up. Sure he's a unit, but poodle has boutique coffee energy. It'd be like gorgeous George vs the pikey I reckon.

Heckler is a rad looking bike, maybe if he uses a really big hammer he can get the totems in there?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Why get a tracer when you could get a nomad and know it isn't going to break?

He'd have to jump in the ring with poodle if one ever showed up. Sure he's a unit, but poodle has boutique coffee energy. It'd be like gorgeous George vs the pikey I reckon.

Heckler is a rad looking bike, maybe if he uses a really big hammer he can get the totems in there?

I'm more the kind of guy to slip h I m laxatives before the big death match...Default! Default! The 2 greatest words in the English language.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

I have had a humble rp23 in my Heckler for a long time and don't really have a bad thing to say about it either. Love to try it with a different shock nonetheless. The Heckler would have to be the bike that has defined MTB'ing for me - never complains, no rattles, bugger all maintenance, not proprietary - easy to get bearings etc. Climbs well and loves a speedy downward run and twisty ST.

A Tracer would be another excellent choice. Love to have a crack on one of those and was on my shortlist.

There are plenty of great bikes out there. All have pluses and minuses. Half the fun is getting there with a build is finding one. Looking for something you dribbled over once but couldn't afford/justify but now is within reach.

Picking the right bike for trails that you normally ride can't be understated. I'd love a 170mm do everything bike but I just don't need that for messing around on trails I've done on HT's plenty of times.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I approve of everything in that photo. Heckler looks awesome and that is the exact colour I wanted a Tracer in. That big overbite clamshell top tube.... so weldy...

Have you experimented much with rear shocks on it? How's the CCDB compare to whatever was on it previously?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
All this talk of hecklers and tracers, had to take the boy out for a ride this arvo...

I'm still faster than him so the tracer must be the better bike. That's also math.

Such a tease. It's even the same colour as my 951. You either need to hook me up or buy my 951 and finish this off.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I approve of everything in that photo. Heckler looks awesome and that is the exact colour I wanted a Tracer in. That big overbite clamshell top tube.... so weldy...

Have you experimented much with rear shocks on it? How's the CCDB compare to whatever was on it previously?
Thanks

Ccdb is far superior to what I've used in the past. I've had the tracer from new, it's spent a lot of time being used as a heavy xc bike, but despite not using it as intended I've messed with setups a lot over the years. Started with an rp23, then got a float ctd, then a magura ts2 (I think) that did a marginally better job than the ctd. From there I got a float X which was leagues better, then a monarch plus which was marginally better, then the ccdb cs which is farking amazing.

I've had issues with cane creek shocks, more issues than with anything else on any other bike. Any other part I'd have given up on by now, but the feel is worth it I reckon. Maybe it's the way the linkages work, but my tracer and spider absolutely came alive with cane creek shocks.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Screw you and your logic. I’m going with alternative facts.
Dammit, it is just a wild guess between 4 and 6. Alternative facts FTW.

I just want to see what @safreek gets and builds in the end. This could be the best thread ever, well, since the last best thread ever.