Highland Fling Anyone ?

azicat

Likes Bikes
Is there a way to register without using the internet? I have a friend who wants to join our team but hasn't got a credit card.

BigSplashBear

Likes Dirt
Can't help but smile.

Are they kidding me? 10 am! Some of us have to work/school therefore no acess to internet! 4pm seemed perfect for everyone
Ah dude you crack me up! :D
As one person wrote above "Waited 365 days to enter, one more won't hurt."
I'm sure when you get home from work/school it'll all be back up and ready for your entry. ;)

At least we have Wild Horizons being open and informative about the issue.

It is what it is.
Be good....ride hard. See you at the Fling.

Bear

Five Miles Out

Likes Dirt
Ah dude you crack me up! :D
As one person wrote above "Waited 365 days to enter, one more won't hurt."
I'm sure when you get home from work/school it'll all be back up and ready for your entry. ;)

At least we have Wild Horizons being open and informative about the issue.

It is what it is.
Be good....ride hard. See you at the Fling.

Bear
No school for me...holidays now :) Bit still, I would be rather sh*tty if I missed out. But looks like it will be just a matter of hours till its sold out!

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WHAT!

I didn't want to ride the stupid race anyway. (Sulks) :p

I guess there is always the Spring Fat Tyre Festival and the Single Speeding in Newcastle.

Next time Gadget.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
a list of who is racing is now up on there website :) http://www.wildhorizons.com.au/highland-fling/entry-details
Yikes... some fast guys in the 100miler.

Van Terminator, Fenner, Crawford Moules, Wade Carberry has been riding pretty quick lately, Pdogg, Jason, Jason, Shane Taylor will be back from his Croc trophy so will be either trashed or smashing it...

...and that's just the names I recognise off the bat!

Cheers
Gonz

Last edited:

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Check out the entry list for the 100. I remember posting in the aus mtb marathon champs how good it would be if all the stars came out to play, well it looks like they have. Check it out
Matt Flemming
Craig Gordon
Shaun Lewis
Dan Mackay
Jason English
James Williamson
Hamish Elliot
Saying that though Gordo was supposed to be a the the doctor I thought, but wasn't there. But It will be great to see Gordo and English Williamson, 3 world champs going at it. Ill have 5 on Gordo

Last edited:

BT180

Max Pfaff
According to the newsletter you can register on the day now:

This year we are offering Registration for the main event on both
Saturday, 3.00-11.00pm, and Sunday, 6.00-7.00am. Registration will
be at the Bundanoon Hall on both days – so for those arriving on
Sunday, note that you will have to travel 2km to the Event Centre and
Start after registering – we recommend that you
arrive early!

Megs:)

Likes Dirt
Yay - thanks for listening, Wild Horizons! On the day registration is a good move, especially for those of us who live within an easy drive of the event - now we don't have to drive to Bundanoon twice. I'm guessing most people from further away will stay near or in Bundanoon for the saturday night and will still register the day before.

wesley977

Cannon Fodder
Waited for 2 years to enter Highland Fling

I've waited for 2 years to ride the Highland Fling. Very excited now. I spent more of the time on road bike commuting to work during the weekday. Initially I wanted to do the Full Fling, but someone told me that 100km on mountain bike will be very different from 100k on road bike. Hence I go for the Half Fling instead. I've borrowed a commencal combi dulexe from a friend, and i like it very much. Looking forward to meet all of you guys in Bundanoon and good luck for the training. Cheers.