HMBA Super G All Mountain - Paterson

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Trail Building and Clean Up Weekend

Just a reminder to anyone who is available either Sunday (06/10/2013) or Monday (07/10/2013) or both days of this long weekend we will be out there preparing the trails for your race and would appreciate it if you could spare some time and lend a hand. Jobs will include everything from raking and clearing the existing tracks to cutting in some fresh new lines. So if you're available bring what you've got in the way of tools, suitable shoes, hat, water, etc and don't forget your bike as there will be opportunity for push up runs after we have finished. Those interested in camping are also welcome to bring tent/swag/bike trailer with beds and stay the night with us Sunday night.

We'll be meeting around 9:00 at the parking and camping push pin as displayed on the previously posted maps and depending on numbers will decide where to go from there.

Camby88

Likes Dirt
I will be up there on Saturday at 10 or 11 too, to get some lifted runs in with another if that is ok.

Also, it could boost numbers at the race if you post the event on the HMBA website/ calendar?

Has the dirt road in been looked at since last year? my friend tells me any car other than a 4x4 is risky due to serious holes / grade changes?

Cheers!
Campbell.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I will be up there on Saturday at 10 or 11 too, to get some lifted runs in with another if that is ok.

Also, it could boost numbers at the race if you post the event on the HMBA website/ calendar?

Has the dirt road in been looked at since last year? my friend tells me any car other than a 4x4 is risky due to serious holes / grade changes?

Cheers!
Campbell.
Hi Campbell,

Everyone is welcome on Saturday, this will be classed as a club social ride to keep everything above board and as such will be $15 for the day if you hold an MTBA license or $20 in cash monies for non license holders.

The access road shouldn't pose a problem for normal type cars, your friend is possibly remembering the "parking" area that we used last year, this area has had some recent earth works done so should also be fine but there are alternative parking areas as well.

While we are on the topic of roads I would like to reiterate from an earlier post that the shuttle roads at Paterson are rough and that you should always assume worst case when it comes to shuttle trailers, we accept no liability for your bike when it's on the trailer (Carbon Crank Brigade I'm looking in your direction). All competitiors are most welcome to ride/push to the top if they have any concerns, it is quite a pleasent climb.