How old are you?

S_Town

Likes Dirt
Im 17, turning 18. Got my first DH bike at 15 and took up racing. First season was pretty shit haha. Nowdays, I'm still slow. :eek:

But I seem to be getting better... Now VCE is riding my ass. :rolleyes:

Tofsy

Likes Dirt
im 16, yet to start racing, hopefully start this year! I ride everywhere, to and from school and some xc or dh on the weekend

MadMatt

The MiniMan
If MadMatt can do shit like this pic shows, and still ride:eek:
Age is no barrier kiddies:)

That`d be right,,, i`ve been riding for like 4 million years,,, i hardly ever crash & yet here we are with a pic of me crashing , I could say that i was doing about 60kms/h, just boosted a 15ft drop into that section & slammed into that tree which then spun me & my bike around 2 full 360deg spins with a mid air summersault & landed it clean, still on the bike & rode off wheelying one handed down the hill giving the crowd the finger,,, but that would be lying

The fact is that i stuffed the whole entry into that section sliding down sideways & came to a full stop just above the tree, then went to roll in off a small log & basically stuffed that up as well & punched the tree, then i took what felt like half an hour to get my front wheel untangled out of the tree & my back wheel jammed between my leg & a rut, so there i was fumbling around like the olf fool that i am, wasting time, Big matty is in my face screeming, the crown is all yelling & i`m nearly totally stuffed & about to fall over ,,, farken funny & ended up Stewy Norman just beat me by 1/2 a sec dam shamam a wham bam, sort of homer simpson style riding that day i reckon :)

& don`t try that at home kids, it`s a very foolish & dangerous way to ride Down Hill, you might damage the trees if you don`t know what you`re doing,,, remember i`m a trained proffesional , it takes years of practise & a lot of hard work to learn to be able to crash into trees without hurting them :)

The funnyest bit is the series of pics that Doogs took following the tree hug :) dam good :) AHhhh the memories :)

DHZILLA

Likes Dirt
Im 23 and pretty much the oldest around here. Most others around my age pretty much ride motorbikes :rolleyes:

Dug

Likes Dirt
Really who cares, seen the man land on the moon for the first time in 1st class or year 1 for all you young kiddies. Just do it, enjoy it and try not to think about it too much. Age though does have its advantages.... You tend to forget things and every day every track is a blind run no matter how many times you have done it :p

See ya out there.....

friz

Likes Dirt
I'll be 36 soon, started last March? smashed my left knee on Mt Tambo in june and started back this year after a couple of screws in the knee and some major physio. But age dosen't stop the will to travel down a hill as fast as I can go.:D

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Im with you age does'nt matter im 28 i did'nt know a thing about downhill mountain bike riding till i was 23-24 since then i've been through 4 bikes been to hostpital twice doctors even more then that and i ride every weekend and also have a lot to do with my local club and the tracks that get built in my area. Age will never matter to me i hope im still riding when im 120!!!!

DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Likes Bikes
42 been riding well b4 suspension was avalible and the old cantilever brakes were the go , kinda miss the old situations the old beasts would tho at you but its 8 inches of armchair downhill pleasure now,so yeah 60 might be a age i look at hanging up the dher. STAY FIT AND WATCH THE REST CRUMBLE

willipa

Likes Dirt
wow
I'm 14 and just started downhilling.... i guess it's fair to say i have a long way ahead of me.

Mojo

Likes Dirt
POLL IT!!!!

i wanna see the stats

im 21 btw. i can feel the stress lines and grey hair already

stpriderzac

Likes Dirt
I'm 17 and have been riding for roughly two years. Started off on an STP now riding a DH comp, pretty crap at riding but still have fun. Hopefully going to my first race this year at stromlo

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Age 36 - the crew of 20 who i ride with range from 16yrs old to 50yrs old. We all have fun and age means nothing. Seems to me the only time age is questioned is on farkin forums.