Little Things You Hate

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
10ml will be fine. So easy you'll wonder why you didn't do it earlier.
Did it. Took no time at all and left the forks on the bike. It completely removed the creaking. It was quite bad and I thought it might reduce it a little but I was blown away by home effective it was. Clearly I should be posting this in LTIL. 50ml would have been way too much, thanks for the heads up.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Ordered a bunch of gear from America, over a kilo, in three days it's already in Sydney. One part as big as my fingernail from Sydney, tracking says it hasn't left Sydney.

andrew9

Likes Dirt
I'm a new member, and I replied to a few posts 18 hours ago, they're still waiting for approval.
I don't mind waiting for approval, but come on...

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
LTIH. Press fit BB...

Defy was creaking again despite loctite a few months back. But the loctite meant one side was held well enough to destroy the bearing on removal.

So its off the road until this turns up;

http://cycletaiwan.com/tripeak-bb86...imano-sram-campy-bb386-crankset-road-mtb.html
Haha, that shop is awesome, why buy a fork with Kashima stanchions when you can just buy a Kashima fork?

http://cycletaiwan.com/kashima-ka-sfcw-carbon-fiber-26-mtb-suspension-fork.html

stirk

Burner
LTIH. Press fit BB...

Defy was creaking again despite loctite a few months back. But the loctite meant one side was held well enough to destroy the bearing on removal.

So its off the road until this turns up;

http://cycletaiwan.com/tripeak-bb86...imano-sram-campy-bb386-crankset-road-mtb.html
I join your hatred.

Thought my left pedal was creaking so I service both, go for ride and creak still there, it's bad enough I can feel it in the left pedal. Strangely it went away after about 10km of riding and didn't return, but I know it's still there. Hopefully it's just the crank needs a tighten up when I get around to looking at it.

I'm hard pressed to come up with any good reason why pressfit BB shouldn't just fuck right off as a thing.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Am vaguely optimistic this screw fit BB wil be the solution. Don't like the Hope one (special tool needed to fit) and some others as they're alloy to alloy - too much scope for things jamming or seizing.

This one has the nylon fitting which seems more sensible - teh whole problem with press fit is tolerances are not reliable.

Haakon

Being disapointed that a Bush pulled out of the race because he's the least horrifically bad option...

Haakon

LTIH - being charged money to send something in for a warranty replacement. Why would the "authorised dealer" of a product not support the product?

Very rapidly losing the love for SRAM. And bike shops in general - there is a reason the likes of Wiggle make so much money.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
LTIH - being charged money to send something in for a warranty replacement. Why would the "authorised dealer" of a product not support the product?

Very rapidly losing the love for SRAM. And bike shops in general - there is a reason the likes of Wiggle make so much money.
Sounds like the shop you're dealing with are steaming turds. As far as I know, freight costs are part of a warranty claim and would be absorbed by the warranty party.

Haakon

Sounds like the shop you're dealing with are steaming turds. As far as I know, freight costs are part of a warranty claim and would be absorbed by the warranty party.
Yes I would expect that too.

Spoke to SRAM - they wont deal with me, and even than do not cover shipping costs to them. Bike shops here want $50 handling fee plus shipping because i didnt buy the bike here.

Even if I did buy the bike, they would still charge me shipping because SRAM dont cover it.

Whatever happened to supporting your product in accordance with consumer laws, and ensuring all your dealers supported it as a cost of doing business?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Which companies are throwing parties for warranty claims? I'm buying exclusively from them from now on.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

I was recently charged freight on a warranty product being delivered. I was most unhappy about that. The bike industry...d'oh.

Killed my new showboats after a few weeks of moderate use...Us retailer is paying for the return and refunding. Had some sunglasses arrive damaged - refunded and replaced via a photo. T7 sent me the wrong product recently...keep it! And we will send a the right one immediately. Some places just do things better. Usually when there is competition.