Little Things You Hate

stirk

Burner
Thanks for posting that. The CAC also had a bigger cannon as a byproduct of having the fuselage sliced and diced.

Lovely aircraft regardless.
Ah, I get it now, the CAC version was better because it had a bigger cannon and more thrust. No argument there!!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
How do you even find the POE?

.... if the lightening clobbered the shielding in the house or along the street?
firstly, Try asking for a 'Dial before you dig' report on your property. if you have underground services, the Telco and Elec POE should be shown on there..
Secondly, you don't need a direct strike on either the house or infrastructure to suffer transient damage, it can come up through the ground, via your earthing system and/or copper pipe network in the ground.
you should get a SPD (surge protection device) fitted to both the incoming mains and telstra lead in cable, this will reduce issues in the future.
good luck

stirk

Burner
LTIH Dickweeds swerving in and out of the traffic, they just can't wait.
See my post in this thread at 3:26pm today?

The prick came out of nowhere and started flashing me to move over so he could be one car ahead in the right lane like it matters much.

If only I had an Austin Martin with machine guns!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

The prick came out of nowhere and started flashing me to move over so he could be one car ahead in the right lane like it matters much.

Austin Martin, is that the performance land crab? Austin 1800 for those who didn't get the pleasure.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Yeah I seen it, there is times like this I would love to be an undercover cop, because these are the twats that cause serious accidents. What also has me stumped is the amount of people that don't know how to merge into traffic.:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
How do you even find the POE?
Re POE... You are either aerial or UG (underground) ... didn't you say you're in Tassweega... my money is on aerial. Look up at the front of your house... the fat cable will be power (240v) the thin cable will be telco.

Regardless, you do not have the no how, so you will be relying on the Telstra tech to prove the problem into your house, or their steet cabling... hopefully he's straight up.

As far as surge protection goes... A trillion volts versus some neurally switched on degree qualified engineers wacko surge solution... yeah right the engineer is gonna win... NOT.

The bottom line is that whatever bit has been fucked needs to be be fixed/replaced... if it is the steet yippee, if it's your house... off to Jaycar or Tricky Dicky you go.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Apart from the wind it sounds lovely! Best thing about winter in my area is the cool drizzly days, absolutely perfect riding conditions.
yeh i can handle drizzle & cold ....this mornings ride was like that.
its the the soul-sapping 40+winds that bug me...still accidentally kom'd a segment on the way home with the cross tail! :whoo::cheer2::whoo:

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
LTIH, being such a hater, hahahaha!

To stop me being too much of a douche by derailing a thread I'm back on alcohol again, this time it's expensive alcohol of any description and coffee. It seems odd that people talk up expensive alcohol like they are doing it for the flavour, to me it seems odd that people go nuts over coffee, a stimulant, and alcohol, a mood enhancer.

Why do people not obsess over normal drinks, ones with no caffeine or alcohol? Surely you'd assume that with all the other bevvies out there people would obsess over something that doesn't alter your mood or ability in some way and do it just because it tastes nice like the coffee and fancy booze drinkers say they do it for.

If you put a bottle of Coke or a glass of tea up to 50 to 70 dollars would it make people go giddy for it and talk about the delicateness of the flavour, bubble then about the heavy after taste of enamel?

I am a part time alcho I suppose and I can taste the difference between some brands of whatever but I don't need something to have multiple layers and lingering after tastes of whale's vagina and rich mahogany, it either tastes nice or it doesn't and for me, that is enough and if that saves me money I'm doubly happy.
Back in the olden days I did a sound engineering course and the teacher warned us that we would stop just kicking back and enjoying music and instead analyse it and try to pick holes in it. By then I'd already become a dick and pretty much stopped listening to my punk music because the recordings were so poor, now I couldn't give two fucks, I like the content so I listen to it.

I guess I am still a hypocrite as I have been obsessing about designing a few mm's here or there and getting the angles perfect on a new frame design, everyone has their weird obsessions.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
People do wank about tea...just like coffee/alcohol/cigars/dildolube...

Coke contains a lot of mood enhancers...and people wank on about it too. And other soft drinks. And ice cream. And gelato. Fuck even about the difference between them...otherwise there wouldn't be the variety that we see in the super market. Oh and have you even tried my home made ice cream? I'll bet you'd never buy ice cream again!

I dined in a fantastic cafe in Tokyo a few days ago. It was everything I hate about hipster joints back home! Food however was sensational. Fortunately they had a few staff that spoke excellent English. One of them briefed me on the 2 different craft beers used to poach my pork fillet (deeeeelicious!) and another told me how he had brewed the ginger beer I drank. And it was one of the best ginger beers I've ever drank. Dinner was practically a Dutch rudder!

stirk

Burner
LTIH, being such a hater, hahahaha!

To stop me being too much of a douche by derailing a thread I'm back on alcohol again, this time it's expensive alcohol of any description and coffee.
Wow, drunk by lunch time!!!

So if you don't have particular tastes and opinions on which expensive booze your going to binge on how do you choose what you'll drink? What's your favorite booze and why?

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Wow, drunk by lunch time!!!

So if you don't have particular tastes and opinions on which expensive booze you're going to binge on how do you choose what you'll drink? What's your favourite booze and why?
Not for a while, I have done three shots of Chartreuse before breakfast once, that hurt, that shit is horrible.

Beer and then vodka generally, I'll usually drink Carlton Draught, Boags Premium but will go Coopers Sparkling by choice if it's available coz it has more booze so I have to get up less.
All three taste like beer and have an after taste that is exactly the same, no fruit, no lemon smoked kipper, just an aftertaste of wonderful beer.

Vodka would be Finlandia or Russian Standard, actually the Aldi one isn't shit and it's made in Oz. I like these because they taste like vodka which almost tastes like nothing, it's easy to shot and you don't really get sick of it as it has no real standout characteristics.

Bacardi, white, Oakheart or 151, any spiced rum, OP Bundy, Bundy Liquer, Schnapps, all of them, can't drink wine at all unless it's the one with some sorta disease or somethin in the grape.

There's nothing I'd miss if it went off the market, Í do have to hunt down some Aftershock though, but that's more because it's an odd flavour.

I'm just boring, I need to get excited about food and drink more, I do like the Man Fire Food show but that's more for the engineering and excess.