Little Things You Hate

moorey

call me Mia
Np and a fair question, but I'm not actually upset because its dogs per se, although I do love dogs, I agree with you points & culling/suppressing their populations is arguably more humane. I've bumped into a range of dogs abroad, wild & destined for the table, some already on the table, others domesticated but free roaming, and sadly lots of young pups all skin and bone who'd follow you around for crumbs. I guess it's simply when any half intelligent animal get cornered, tied up for a period of time, treated like sh1t and trembling in fear, can prob hear, smell and even see all the death around it including the animals ahead in the queue for death before getting its own, I am a bit dismayed. I suppose at least in Indo they allegedly kill the dogs before skinning them, unlike our friends in China.
Good response. Thanks.
We are eating a lot of animals more intelligent than dogs, I suspect, but we don't want to think about it, nor how they are treated before and during their slaughter. There are some super sick fucks working in abattoirs, etc :pout:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
But I like dogs. I'd eat almost any animal but dog tops the list of animals I wouldn't eat.

Mr Moore, before you ask its for no reason other than I like dogs more than other animals. The others on the do not eat list are things like rats and mice...yuck. I've had pet cows, chickens, ducks, and rabbit all just for the joy of having them...and I love to eat all of them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Good response. Thanks.
We are eating a lot of animals more intelligent than dogs, I suspect, but we don't want to think about it, nor how they are treated before and during their slaughter. There are some super sick fucks working in abattoirs, etc :pout:
Pigs are supposed to be much more intelligent than dogs. They are lso very personable if given the chance.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
There are some super sick fucks working in abattoirs, etc :pout:
Met some of them back in the day when I worked for the EPA in Bendigo. I had a few abattoirs on my client list as they had EPA licences for their wastewater treatment systems. I've seen a bunch of shit I cant unsee...

One guy in particular stood out as a total cunt... Big abattoir near Swan Hill I was at to inspect the treatment ponds (giant dams where all the blood and shit gets washed into to be acerbically digested under a nice crust that forms. Met a guy who thought it was solid ground as there was grass on it and fell into that soup...) and he thought he would freak out the "city slicker EPA guy". Cunt.

Took me out onto the killing floor and watched for my expression. I obviously went quite green. Mostly I was just angry at the bullshit game he was playing though.

Now. I grew up with hippie parents but have never had any truck with airy fairy spiritual nonsense - i prefer science and what I can see. But that place reeked of fear and panic. It was tainted and made me think very hard about my position on places being permantly damaged by events that occur there.

Walked into a concentration camp once in Germany, similar feeling - that one I walked back out straight away, felt disrespectful to gawk.

These places are bad juju. Not cool. Ugly. Everyone who eats meat should see them personally.

Last edited:

safreek

Good response. Thanks.
The abattoir that I worked in dealt with pigs, they gassed them then bled them out, quite humane compared to a cow knocking factory I worked in 30ish years ago. May have changed , I don't know, bolt through the head, hope they died instantly.
I still eat pig and cow.
Slaughter your own meat adds that different aspect again. That said , if you weren't brought up on farms or worked on them it may not be easy to come to terms with how it's done.
I worked in a piggery years ago , that era was much worse and more cruel in those days than what would be acceptable now. I sometimes look back and can't believe what was normal practice

moorey

call me Mia
The abattoir that I worked in dealt with pigs, they gassed them then bled them out, quite humane compared to a cow knocking factory I worked in 30ish years ago. May have changed , I don't know, bolt through the head, hope they died instantly.
I still eat pig and cow.
Slaughter your own meat adds that different aspect again. That said , if you weren't brought up on farms or worked on them it may not be easy to come to terms with how it's done.
I worked in a piggery years ago , that era was much worse and more cruel in those days than what would be acceptable now. I sometimes look back and can't believe what was normal practice
I did grow up on a farm. I was forced to help with the killing, butchering and processing from a young age.
I didn't like it then, and have nightmares in retrospect....but I ate it happily till about 20 years ago.
We shared a farm with an uncle and his family. They were and still are, happy clapper Christians. The uncle preached love and kindness....but was the cruelest man I have ever known. He relished the job of cutting the sheeps throats, and killing the puppies with a hammer, when his dogs he refused to get spayed, had regular litters.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Why bother fixing the problem with money when it can be solved with the wild swing of the hammer and a shallow hole in the ground?

Sometimes the path to a better way is poorly lit and just too intimidating for some people.

safreek

I did grow up on a farm. I was forced to help with the killing, butchering and processing from a young age.
I didn't like it then, and have nightmares in retrospect....but I ate it happily till about 20 years ago.
We shared a farm with an uncle and his family. They were and still are, happy clapper Christians. The uncle preached love and kindness....but was the cruelest man I have ever known. He relished the job of cutting the sheeps throats, and killing the puppies with a hammer, when his dogs he refused to get spayed, had regular litters.
Yeah, some people are just Fucked, I can honestly say I have never really got joy out of killing animals for decades now, in my teens I enjoyed killing feral animals but as I got older it just became a necessity.

Beej1

I remember reading somewhere about a NFP program, which was focused on the Bali mutt problem. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the common resulting breed over there also has health issues, something to do with the genetics of the dogs that have culminated in the Bali Mutt. Anyway this program was all about trying to fix the problem by free neutering and adoption programs. I'll try and find it.

Better than killing a poor pup that never had a chance. I don't get how anyone could get enjoyment or satisfaction out of slaughtering any animal. I know I couldn't. I mean, I get that the short ribs I put into my charcoal cooker are thanks to someone putting a bolt into a cows brain No Country for Old Men style, and I appreciate it. But I couldn't do it for a living.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Far Right/left wing politicians, unions and religion.. Worst of all worlds combined deciding over Gonski mk2 .. Talk about looking after one's own interests over the bigger picture.. FFS Labor could have at least tried to negotiate and do something rather than politically point score...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Far Right/left wing politicians, unions and religion.. Worst of all worlds combined deciding over Gonski mk2 .. Talk about looking after one's own interests over the bigger picture.. FFS Labor could have at least tried to negotiate and do something rather than politically point score...
I'm not sure they are scoring any points, rather looking like he has taken his bat and ball home. It's a very clever move by turnbull, a powerful snooker, which at the same time is such a cunt move. Australia deserved the original package years ago and yet these pricks stopped. The bigger issue is these soiled tissues that seem to think it's just a fun game to screw us around. I'm sure there is a carbon scheme on the way soon too. What a bunch of populist dicks. I agree though that they should just have a parliamentary orgy and get this shit happening.

I do take great joy when I see news articles of catholic schools crying about all the money they will loose to public schools.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I do take great joy when I see news articles of catholic schools crying about all the money they will loose to public schools.
Love this quote is from The Age;

"Sydney Liberal MP Paul Fletcher was heckled by Catholic parents at a fiery meeting attended by about 500 of his constituents on the weekend.

Sources who attended the meeting said some parents, concerned about massive fee rises, were in tears and said they would have to send their children to a public school if the changes passed."

Oh the horror of having to attend a public school.. Mixing with all the uncouth heathens..

The Catholics just want their special deals to keep going, notice how the the expensive private schools have keep very quiet and in some cases supported the policy..

Disagree a bit about the libs stuffing it up first time, Gonski 1 still left the special deals for private and religious schools intact.. Intentionally or not by the libs I rather this version where being religious or exculsive doesn't mean you get more tax payer funding.
Pity the census data hasn't come out fully, I think the Catholics might find themselves a minority like the rest of the religions.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can't believe labor would rather have a handful a right wing religious knobs within the lib party gain concessions on gonski than themselves..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Love this quote is from The Age;

"Sydney Liberal MP Paul Fletcher was heckled by Catholic parents at a fiery meeting attended by about 500 of his constituents on the weekend.

Sources who attended the meeting said some parents, concerned about massive fee rises, were in tears and said they would have to send their children to a public school if the changes passed."

Oh the horror of having to attend a public school.. Mixing with all the uncouth heathens..

The Catholics just want their special deals to keep going, notice how the the expensive private schools have keep very quiet and in some cases supported the policy..

Disagree a bit about the libs stuffing it up first time, Gonski 1 still left the special deals for private and religious schools intact.. Intentionally or not by the libs I rather this version where being religious or exculsive doesn't mean you get more tax payer funding.
Pity the census data hasn't come out fully, I think the Catholics might find themselves a minority like the rest of the religions.
That is indeed a terrible thought...perhaps their wealthy church could subsidise the fees? I've known many people who were nominally catholic so their kids could experience the joy of a catholic education.

Not sure which package is better, both have pro/con aspects, more just saying the libs outright put their foot down and are now playing a similar tune. Gonski is the only clear winner so far. He must have pocketed a pretty penny from Julia and again from Malcolm.

Can't believe labor would rather have a handful a right wing religious knobs within the lib party gain concessions on gonski than themselves..
...time was the catholic Church had a very strong influence on the Labor party. Who knows what dues are still owed?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That is indeed a terrible thought...perhaps their wealthy church could subsidise the fees? I've known many people who were nominally catholic so their kids could experience the joy of a catholic education.
We are all sure the Vatican has a few lazy hundred zillion lying around. They sure aren't using it to help Africa.

When you hear the classical Jesus strories where it is basically 'be nice to others' to the utter fuckery of the modern dollar driven church that always play the poor card but seem to find funds to help with paedophile priests then you truly know it has jumped the shark.

The sooner aliens land and mess up the current order then all present religions can get well and truly fucked the better.

I bet Jesus / Mohammed / Siddartha wouldn't have liked any of them either.

I strangely feel better now.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk