Little Things You Hate

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
View attachment 345048 Darn I missed a call from someone in the Central African Republic.

Probably missed out on millions!
Ahhhhh, I wondered what +2..... was. They must have rung me after as you didn't pick up. I missed it though unfortunately. Probably another Uncle expiring and leaving me his millions. Again.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Seems It happened a lot yesterday. Happened to a bunch of family too. Maybe some type of DOS attack on the phone networks? I was with family, all 5 phones rang simultaneously.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
They could be inserting any calling line identifier in the call now, it may or may not be from Central Africa. There always has been a bit of international dodgyness with both older style circuit switched phone calls and newer IP phone calls. Prices of both have come down so makes it more viable for a scammer to even pay for phone service and call random +61 numbers and try to pry away credit card details.

It takes a bit of effort to verify the caller, more so if coming from an international number.

I spoke to a gentleman called Sean from Telstra's technical department who was keen to fix my laptop for me this morning also :)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Fuckwits that are not only inconsiderate enough to not stop and ask if someone is ok, but take it to the next level and hurl abuse at them
Fuck that makes me angry. That shit attitude is not what mountain biking is about and yep, I'm gonna say it: Fuck you and your stupid E bike that you've been told is a mountain bike. It isn't.
I hope this turns into one of those good news stories where enough people see the image and the slimy turd gets rattled and embarrassed. I'd gladly join in and bully a person like that, what a scumbag.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Fuckwits that are not only inconsiderate enough to not stop and ask if someone is ok, but take it to the next level and hurl abuse at them

Wifey was out on the monthly girls ride when one of her friends ate trail, and ate it hard. Hard enough that she had to be immobilised and her neck held in place for the solid hour plus that it took the Ambos to arrive (not taking a shot at the Ambos btw, I doubt they took any longer than they had to).

(Edit-pic removed by request)

So while my wife is holding her head and another first aider is keeping her calm, some shit speckled Muppet fart comes blasting along on his handy capable ebike and abuses the girls for blocking the trail off. Apparently they were the inconsiderate ones for making sure their friend was safe, since she couldn't be moved and her head was centemeters from the trail. He took it as far as to ride over (that's right, OVER) one of the girls bikes and blast past within inches of my wife while she was holding her friend steady.

Injured rider has made it to hospital, suspected broken ribs and possibly hip as well at this stage and they've ruled out anything spinal thank fark.

Slim chance anyone recognises this master of fuckwittery, but if you do, belt him one for me pretty please. Break his nose at least

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
I hate selfish wanders as much as anyone, but to be fair was there a chance he might have been unaware you had a rider down and just thought you were hanging out in a dumb spot?

(although a decent person would have at least made some effort to find out regardless...)

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There seems to be more and more of these types out there. I know this explosion of new riders is great for the industry overall, but they can fuck off back to their car please, at least I can crank my tunes and ignore their entitled ass on the road...

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Hope the wife is on the mend. I agree with you there are so many arseholes riding at lysty these days I no longer ride there on a weekend or public holiday (try not to).. Had a run in with a complete knob on one of the bridges while teaching my young bloke how to ride them..
He was on his strava run with head phone’s in and skidded right up to my son pushing him off the bridge. He had plenty of time to stop safely he was just a prick..
Noticed a few of these miserable fuckwits have come across town to Plenty gorge.. Not happy..

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Not doubt the guy is an A grade arsewipe but he would be on a regular bike too, the e-bike ( which looks to be pedal assist and therefore is a mountain bike) is not to blame.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
In a similar situation with an enduro bike and rider down people were flagging down on coming traffic. I suspect the same thing was happening here, human nature to slow down people heading towards the injured. If that is the case then the ebiker is a double arsehat.

moorey

call me Mia
Arrogant fucking fucker drivers.
Driving tonight. 5.45, almost completely dark. Almost cleaned up a guy with grey car, on grey road, under grey clouds, without lights on.
Caught him at the intersection, wound down window and politely told him his lights weren’t on...he gave me the bird and drove off, still no lights...
Late model, clean car, guy in suit. I doubt his lights were faulty, just a cockhole.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Driving tonight. 5.45, almost completely dark. Almost cleaned up a guy with grey car, on grey road, under grey clouds, without lights on.
Caught him at the intersection, wound down window and politely told him his lights weren’t on...he gave me the bird and drove off, still no lights...
Late model, clean car, guy in suit. I doubt his lights were faulty, just a cockhole.
Had the same situation up here last week, grey car, grey skies, grey road at dusk, except it was a girl behind the wheel. She was doing 60 in a 100 zone, probably coz she couldn't see. We passed her and less than a k up the road she was completely invisible

Staunch

Eats Squid
Came across a new bit of trail at the local today. Rode it cautiously and found a sketchy/poorly built huck. I decided it would be a wise move to just walk it as the take-off looked half finished/super soft. I picked up my bike and went to climb down it, and log which was part of the back of take-off crumbled under my foot. I went flying and landed straight on my ass on a rock.

I should of just sent the shitty huck, serves me right for trying to be smart about it.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Yeah this one really pisses me off too... and it's getting worse.
We should all be turning our lights on early.
The grey car /grey sky/half light thing is just pure fuckwittery.

One of the reasons you see a lot of cars in the early evening without their lights on is because many cars now have automatic headlights (yes, we are all now apparently so lazy we need automatic headlights!)
But the systems seem to wait a long time before turning the lights on.

So when you add modern car with stupid tech and dumb-ass millennial, you get dangerous ignorance and 'invisible' vehicles.

You can bet most punters never even think to move the switch from auto.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Good point. Was well beyond the point of automated lights. He must them on manual.
Unless it has just been in for a service. I have been caught napping that way, shit is is dark out there, ah lights off. Cut the guy some slack he is probably a vegan. But wait. It was an Audi? Burn him.

moorey

call me Mia
Unless it has just been in for a service. I have been caught napping that way, shit is is dark out there, ah lights off. Cut the guy some slack he is probably a vegan. But wait. It was an Audi? Burn him.
Did you give someone the bird when they politely let you know?