Little Things You Hate

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Buses are wierd. I don't like someone else deciding when I can take a piss.
This one has a dunny on it. It’s much much much harder to maintain aim accuracy on a lurching bus than it is on the plane...

Had two hours to kill at Sydney airport, so the few pints are requiring repeated practice at bus peeing...

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I can’t wait to try them in dd casing just quietly. Perfect for the local trails by the sounds of it

Haakon

Arseholes.

Walking the dogs, met two Class A fuckwits. Our dogs are little ones - one is a foxie/Italian greyhound cross and the other is a mini Fwxie. Sam the foxie is a rescue who came from a pretty abusive past and is hence pretty scared of everything - so when two fucking huge male Pitbulls come running up the path at him he freaks...

So do I, and I start making a lot of noise trying to distract the pitbulls while I try to scoop Sam up - his reaction to being scared is to snap at other dogs which I knew was going to be a terminal move... Luckily the Pitbulls were "friendly", but that wasnt assumed and it was still a scare!!

The two fuckheads just started in abusing me... I was pretty miffed they let them off their leads, but I was trying to explain the reason I'd made such a fuss was Sam was likely to attack one of them out of fear and I was trying to head that off - even if initially friendly I had to assume a Pitbull would bite back...

My mistake was trying to reason with them... I was keen to explain the situation so I didn't have to keep looking over my shoulder for these cunts. But reason and logic was clearly not being well received and I got punched for my trouble.

Welcome back to Canberra....

stirk

Burner
Arseholes.

Walking the dogs, met two Class A fuckwits. Our dogs are little ones - one is a foxie/Italian greyhound cross and the other is a mini Fwxie. Sam the foxie is a rescue who came from a pretty abusive past and is hence pretty scared of everything - so when two fucking huge male Pitbulls come running up the path at him he freaks...

So do I, and I start making a lot of noise trying to distract the pitbulls while I try to scoop Sam up - his reaction to being scared is to snap at other dogs which I knew was going to be a terminal move... Luckily the Pitbulls were "friendly", but that wasnt assumed and it was still a scare!!

The two fuckheads just started in abusing me... I was pretty miffed they let them off their leads, but I was trying to explain the reason I'd made such a fuss was Sam was likely to attack one of them out of fear and I was trying to head that off - even if initially friendly I had to assume a Pitbull would bite back...

My mistake was trying to reason with them... I was keen to explain the situation so I didn't have to keep looking over my shoulder for these cunts. But reason and logic was clearly not being well received and I got punched for my trouble.

What were you doing to cause them to start abusing you? Your 'distracting' techniques might have appeared very aggressive to them just like Sam's behaviour would be to the other dogs.

I don't mind dogs off leash, most of the time being on the leash is what makes them aggressive.

Not cool you got punched though.

Keep the little yappers in a handbag is my recommendation.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Arseholes.

Shit man, thats my worst fear out with my dog too.

Did you report the punch? Because you should, its assault, no matter if you yelled at their dog.

Haakon

I was just yelling Hey! over and over, trying to get the Pitbull's attention off my dogs. I am horrifically jet lagged at present and was staring off into space when it happened so didnt see the Pitbulls until they were on top of us, so it was all largely autopilot fear driven reactions... I didnt even see the guys until they ran up to grab their dogs.

This is what I was trying to explain, and also trying to defuse the fright driven " not cool guys" comment I'd made.

Even as the one fuckwit came back up the path I didnt believe he was going to actually punch me... My naivety about the ability to reason with aggressive cunts (ie the sort that have big dogs and think it makes them real men) is still sadly a thing....

As for the handbag comment - that unfortunately puts you with them attitude wise dude. Mt dogs were on a lead, theirs were not - who is in the wrong? And what has a handbag got to do with any of it?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
What were you doing to cause them to start abusing you? Your 'distracting' techniques might have appeared very aggressive to them just like Sam's behaviour would be to the other dogs.

I don't mind dogs off leash, most of the time being on the leash is what makes them aggressive.

Not cool you got punched though.

Keep the little yappers in a handbag is my recommendation.
Nah, dogs in stressful situations (incl. seeing new dogs / humans), leash or not, is what causes issues. Leashes mean you can avoid situations in the first place, and let them off when there is space. Leashes when you're near other dogs add to stress though, but you shouldn't be taking your dog up to other dogs you don't know anyway.

Haakon

Shit man, thats my worst fear out with my dog too.

Did you report the punch? Because you should, its assault, no matter if you yelled at their dog.
I did, but nothing to go on. I didnt pull my phone out because I didn't want to lose the phone or get beaten up. Two big blokes and two giant Pitbulls against one weedy science nerd on a secluded path - I'm not that naive....

stirk

Burner
I go to an off leash park all the time and dogs are all over the place, off leash and having a ball, but these dogs are for the most part not aggressive and are under control. My comment does not mean I have the same attitude as these people you confronted, I just don't appreciate small yappers that carry on with lots of aggression and noise when they happen to meet my 'on leash dog' and I feel the small dog needs to be trained to be around other larger dogs or kept in a handbag where it's nice and safe. There is nothing more annoying than a little dog coming up to your dog and snapping and yapping with full snarl in action and carrying on like a pork chop, it makes me worried my dog might bite the little dog and then that makes me feel bad as I don't want to see any dog hurt, ever. And the owner of the small yapping dog will be equally very upset and I would not want that either.

The fact one of these people you met came back up the path to punch you hints that you were still yelling back at them? Not condoning the punching but seems this whole meet and great could have gone down a little better! Sorry to hear you had a bad day.

Arseholes.

quite simply, that is fucked