Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
Another group of slippery eels! Buying or renting? If the markets hot they give zero fucks. My last purchase was through the worst and most unprofessional agents I've ever encountered!
Aren't they ever, they normally only assign one person to the sale, sounds suspect to me.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Buying. Dream block in my hometown, ready to go all grand designs on it.

I’m so angry at present I feel like throwing up...
Yeah that hurts. I'm surprised they didn't get back to you...the chance to garner more cash! Mate we need to take this to an auction is what I'd be saying. They do a "friendly auction" here. No fucking idea what's so friendly about it! I'm supposed to trust the vendor's/agent's building, pest, and strata reports? Get oooooout.

It’s all bloody suspect... Who doesn’t check their emails or phone for 5 fucking days?
Oh I cam answer this one...an agent that already has a sale! Like the fuckwit that sold me this place. From the moment there was no backing out he was gone. Then actually went on holidays without thinking to mention it and for the week before settlement there I was stuck trying to arrange a final inspection. At which point I find out they hadn't issued an eviction notice to the tenant!!!

Find something you like, find out who owns it, make a direct offer, let your conveyancer sort it all out. Problem solved...sort of.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
It’s all bloody suspect... Who doesn’t check their emails or phone for 5 fucking days?
The shady prick who sold us ours. Rang him a week before auction day to have a look through, yep I'll be there on blah blah date. We get there 15mins early, wait 45 mins, call three times, nothing.

On auction day, no one placed a bid. So we sign papers subject to finance (long story) and then nothing..... Nearly a week later I leave a message reminding him we were first timers and had no clue what our next obligation is. A week after that he rings back with a curt 'find a conveyencer.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The shady prick who sold us ours. Rang him a week before auction day to have a look through, yep I'll be there on blah blah date. We get there 15mins early, wait 45 mins, call three times, nothing.

On auction day, no one placed a bid. So we sign papers subject to finance (long story) and then nothing..... Nearly a week later I leave a message reminding him we were first timers and had no clue what our next obligation is. A week after that he rings back with a curt 'find a conveyencer.
What a fuckwit!

Flow-Rider

Burner
When I bought my first home about 15 years ago, I inspected 3 homes and put in offers for each a week later only to be told that they were all sold, then I was shown a brand new house and land package, put in an offer on that the next day and mysteriously sold again but they had another one basically the same on go that was at concrete slab stage. It was 1/3 less in price so I jumped on that, only to find out later that an Accountant pulled the deal on them and lost their deposit because the neighbours house is a foot on my property.

Find something you like, find out who owns it, make a direct offer, let your conveyancer sort it all out. Problem solved...sort of.
Good idea if they'll deal with you.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
When I bought my first home about 15 years ago, I inspected 3 homes and put in offers for each a week later only to be told that they were all sold, then I was shown a brand new house and land package, put in an offer on that the next day and mysteriously sold again but they had another one basically the same on go that was at concrete slab stage. It was a 1/3 less in price so I jumped on that, only to find out later that an Accountant pulled the deal on them and lost their deposit because the neighbours house is a foot on my property.
Find something you like, find out who owns it, make a direct offer, let your conveyancer sort it all out. Problem solved...sort of.[/QUOTE]

Good idea if they'll deal with you.[/QUOTE]

The worst they can say is nah I want to keep it.

stirk

Burner
Someone who getting some cash splashed their way. If this has only just happen it's not too late as paper work and contracts take a while to process, go to head office with your evidence and claim unfair and potentially corrupt treatment, might get you the block and lose someone who didnt pay attention their job.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Someone who getting some cash splashed their way. If this has only just happen it's not too late as paper work and contracts take a while to process, go to head office with your evidence and claim unfair and potentially corrupt treatment, might get you the block and lose someone who didnt pay attention their job.
They normally couldn't care less, Haakon's offer was either under what the owner wanted or someone else has made a higher offer. If you make a really high offer they normally don't stop harassing you.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
This is an agent a good friend of mine and her mum have used for years to sell a bunch of houses (they like to build and flip) and recommended as one of the not-useless ones, and I was lulled into a false sense of security. And hence I foolishly ignored my own warning bells when there was unresponsiveness...

I hope I lost the agent future business from my friend though...

Anyway. She has said she’ll go back to the owner for instructions, and because she has fucked me and I do actually want the block I’ve lost any advantage. So maybe she does do as she said she would and the owner moves on a higher offer from me - “waiting on paperwork” is what she said.

More likely is she does nothing that would suggest to owner she is fucking useless and lie to me about it.

I have the name of the owner from the vendor statement but it’s a common name with 6 year old address and google is not helping find him.

stirk

Burner
They normally couldn't care less, Haakon's offer was either under what the owner wanted or someone else has made a higher offer. If you make a really high offer they normally don't stop harassing you.
I think I got played for a $10k increase on my place by a false counter bid, a good agent would counter the higher offer in the hope for more commission, they are not going to lose a sale in popular areas so have minimal risk and high gain. No wonder people in Sydney pay $1m for a tear down rebuild. Bloody clinical and 'criminal'

Flow-Rider

Burner
This is an agent a good friend of mine and her mum have used for years to sell a bunch of houses (they like to build and flip) and recommended as one of the not-useless ones, and I was lulled into a false sense of security. And hence I foolishly ignored my own warning bells when there was unresponsiveness...

I hope I lost the agent future business from my friend though...

Anyway. She has said she’ll go back to the owner for instructions, and because she has fucked me and I do actually want the block I’ve lost any advantage. So maybe she does do as she said she would and the owner moves on a higher offer from me - “waiting on paperwork” is what she said.

More likely is she does nothing that would suggest to owner she is fucking useless and lie to me about it.

I have the name of the owner from the vendor statement but it’s a common name with 6 year old address and google is not helping find him.
If they've told you it's been sold then a contract has been signed with a deposit, the dishes have been done here unless the sale falls through due to finance. Sounds like a company you want to keep away from.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
“Offer accepted and waiting on paperwork” No idea what that really means, but I have faith in her covering her arse and not actually relaying my higher offer before ink hits the paper. Assuming that hasn’t happened already.

I’ll get over it, but I’ll be angry for a while yet.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
“Offer accepted and waiting on paperwork” No idea what that really means, but I have faith in her covering her arse and not actually relaying my higher offer before ink hits the paper. Assuming that hasn’t happened already.

Does their office have a large glass window?

Flow-Rider

Burner

Patience my friend patience and there's heaps of other properties to buy if it falls through.