Little Things You Hate

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I got it through on my old mans trance using abit of string and spinning the frame around to let gravity do some work. It took me awhile and alot of swearing but I got there.

I also bent the cables abit to help feed them through, twas easier after that.

You got this mate! It can be done!

Music you enjoy helps too. You can just zone out then and keep poking around while the mind wonders

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
In hindsight, yes..but I didn’t have a emplacement dropper at the time :(
Yeah, reckon it will be easier in the long run to suck it up and knock out one BB shell... You’ll only need to open one side - a bit of green loctite and you’ll be fine

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Internally routed droppers with PF bb’s.

Offered to fit Felixs mates bike with a new dropper I picked him up (thanks @Hipstar).
It’s a 2015 trance 1 I found him 6 months ago, but came with a munted contact dropper, so binned it and was loaning him a lever operated spare in the meantime, but need it back now for daughter.
Anyhoo, it’s an awkward path for the cable already, due to lower shock mount obstructing 3/4 of the down tube, and having to go under and around the BB. Nothing will get a cable through there. Even tried the vacuum and string trick, but even that won’t feed through. If it was a threaded BB, no sweat, I’d pull it out and feed it round, but fucked if I’m touching these PF shells.
I’d love it if someone could send me to the fuckwit thread after pointing out an easy hack.
Even then, I’ll still loathe this thing.
Given all our bikes now have internal routing, I bought this. I works really well.
https://www.bikebug.com/jagwire-pro-internal-cable-routing-tool-p-58686.html

moorey

call me Mia
Yes. Vacuum and string.
Vacuum into seat tube, feed string in through routing point, it will suck it through. In this case, too many barriers, and string bunching up under the BB.
Never had this BB out, could even be dirt and shite down there making it worse.
He can get LBS to run some cable through, I’ll do the rest.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Varicoceles Aching left nut, going to need a long tube fed up a vein from the right side of my groin, up near the heart and back down the left and have glue injected into the offending vein.

Sounds like awesome fun... This getting old caper is not all it’s cracked up to be.