Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
I called a plumber out a while ago with the rental, tenant didn't like the rusty braided hose going to toilet cistern and decided to replace it himself, somehow the steel water pipe blocked up with rust. Plumber was there for about an hour and a half, replaced the blocked bit of pipe and got to him to replace some tap washers while he was there and it totalled to $340.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, we charge for travel. Normal hourly rate plus $1 per kilometre. I've done over 600kms in a day for a single job. That's an easy 6/7hrs of labor plus $600 travel before I even unlock the toolbox

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Faith in humanity dented badly again. FIL while I was out agreed to what ended up being a $900 charge for a plumber to spend 3 hours fixing a leaking pipe.

Little steroid abusing fuckwit just got agro when I queried it. Nice work cock head, rip off gullible pensioners for a living.

Was all too late before I realised what had happened :(
that sounds like a stitch up
plumbers don't know how to weld pipes anymore, its all crimp these days baby
3 hours to cut and shut with a crimper is taking the piss, who ever said plumbers were dumb, stupid Yes, but dumb no!
in a four year plumbing apprenticeship - its 3 years to learn how to read and write, and one year to learn how to use a pipe crimper!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
3 hours to cut and shut with a crimper is taking the piss, who ever said plumbers were dumb, stupid Yes, but dumb no!
in a four year plumbing apprenticeship - its 3 years to learn how to read and write, and one year to learn how to use a pipe crimper!
Anyone asking me what trade their kids should do, I always say plumber.

Strong unionised workforce, rigid licensing system, never going to be obsolete.

The Roman Empire had plumbing. If civilisation exists in another 1000 years, it will still need plumbing if we aren’t living out the water world movie.

Last decade I was renovating a house and needed to shift the bathroom sinks plumbing around the corner. The plumber left me to bend and extend with flares, both pipes around the corner to the new location. His juniors wanted to do it in poly.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It doesn't even take more than 10 mins to lead sweat a copper join on, the only way I can see someone charging that much is if they had problems with getting access to the pipes and needed to hire other equipment.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yeah, this was a total rip. “Fixed rates” that kept going up and with caveats and FIL just got confused I think. Pretty gross behaviour.

No access issues, not even any foliage to clear. About a foot down in soft dirt.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
They’re gross.

Found one on the back of my leg after I found blood in my sleeping bag... I’d sat down in the grass a little earlier icing my bruises and little fucker latched on.

Yuck.
Get onto @rowdyflat, his practice might still use them.

Ticks are way worse, leeches apart from the two legged ones dont bother me. I would set fire to 1 million Ha of forest to kill one tick.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Given a lot of their work is playing with other people's euphemisms, I don't think plumbers are paid enough. There just isn't enough money in the world to get me keen for that.

Ticks are the seed of Satan.

Fuck you autocorrect. You think you're so clever. Suck an onion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeah, this was a total rip. “Fixed rates” that kept going up and with caveats and FIL just got confused I think. Pretty gross behaviour.

No access issues, not even any foliage to clear. About a foot down in soft dirt.
I'm pretty sure you can report these sorts of pricks to Consumer Affairs Victoria, they were having a crack down on tradies ripping off old folk a few years ago

Last edited: