Little Things You Hate

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Trying to buy new parts for a build - can’t just get all the bits at one shop - I’m not trying to buy weird stuff either - full Shimano drive train - hope hubs that’s about it
i went to AliExpress for my m6100 drivetrain. Not just cheaper but jsut simply available! Long wait on some parts though...

Scotty675

Cable thief
Sweet :)
Yeah I want spec EV as I have the 8120 brakes - I like the cleaner look and shifter placement when on the brakes.
Work out what you need and I’ll see what I can russel up. If you want to go 12 speed but not microspline I’ve got a garbaruk 11-52 that works on hg driver. If you want to go 11 speed I’ve got a couple of 11-50 garbaruk cassettes with long cage.

Minlak

custom titis
Work out what you need and I’ll see what I can russel up. If you want to go 12 speed but not microspline I’ve got a garbaruk 11-52 that works on hg driver. If you want to go 11 speed I’ve got a couple of 11-50 garbaruk cassettes with long cage.
Awesome thanks for the help
Yeah I am going to go Microspline - Have decided to just got 12spd XT through out - Cassettes seem ok to come by as are cranks - Just waiting on frame to make sure I am not missing something weird about it.

Pretty sure I will want the XT 8100 cranks as they are 172mm q factor

moorey

call me Mia
Keen to hear how you’re getting 11sp shimano to clear the 51t without insane amounts of B screw? I don’t think long cage assists in that at all, just with total capacity. No goat links etc?

moorey

call me Mia
I have been told a certain bike shop has placed a very very large order direct with Shimano (by-passing the Aus distributor) to guarantee their supply
Plenty on AliExpress...if you can wait months....though I still worry you aren’t always getting a genuine item, after almost buying Hope hubs before reading the fine fine fine print on the specs.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Keen to hear how you’re getting 11sp shimano to clear the 51t without insane amounts of B screw? I don’t think long cage assists in that at all, just with total capacity. No goat links etc?
11 speed is with garbaruk cage or one up cage. 12 speed wise the long cage runs a 52 perfectly

Minlak

custom titis
I have been told a certain bike shop has placed a very very large order direct with Shimano (by-passing the Aus distributor) to guarantee their supply
I found it interesting in my looking that Chain Reaction has all the Shimano stuff tagged as "Ships Locally" and the pricing is almost always the same as Aus pricing - I guess this is how they are getting around the geo lock - However some other sites from the UK still ahve shimano available at a much cheaper price.

Minlak

custom titis
Plenty on AliExpress...if you can wait months....though I still worry you aren’t always getting a genuine item, after almost buying Hope hubs before reading the fine fine fine print on the specs.
I am sexist and wont buy from ali express - i assume whatever item I am getting is not genuine :)

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I found it interesting in my looking that Chain Reaction has all the Shimano stuff tagged as "Ships Locally" and the pricing is almost always the same as Aus pricing - I guess this is how they are getting around the geo lock - However some other sites from the UK still ahve shimano available at a much cheaper price.
The items shipped locally are from Shimano Australia. CRC has an agreement with them to get around the geo-block.
The other items in the UK are OEM sourced. This is what CRC/ Wiggle used to do till Shimano cracked down on them because of the amount of product they were selling and complaints from local distributors.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I have often wondered why AliExpress sell shimano Groupset with sunshine or ztto cassettes and chainrings?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
The higher end shimano gear is probably legit. Isn’t there 2 factories, and the Malaysian one puts out cheaper gear? Urban myth @The Duckmeister? Sounds unlikely to be inferior gear if so, but NFI.