Little Things You Hate

moorey

call me Mia
I stumble across him when searching YouTube for specific people or interests and what they have to say interests me as it's not a pre-scripted video.

For example Pavel Tsatsouline, David Goggins, Roger Penrose, Lawrence Krause or Brian Cox.

In fact, put your feelings aside for Joe Rogan and watch all these, they're brilliant despite Rogan's participation -

No.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I can listen to awesome experts in a lot of places without some wanker talking over them and making it about themselves.
The thing is, Rogan's success as an interviewer is because he comes across as a good listener and doesn't make it about himself.
He's also a gullible fuckwit and his slow creep towards the far right in recent years has just been sad to see but there were good reasons as to why his podcast became the most successful out there and his interview style is among them.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
On that note though LTIH:
Podcasts! :p

Just kidding although the weird incestuous podcast cottage industry does give me the shits at times. I can't stand the constant -almost inescapable- ads for the same old products like Square Space, Manscaping and Stamps.com and the fact that half a podcast these days seems to be the host talking about the time that they went on the guests podcasts. It does seem to be one big circle-jerk at times.

Oh and don't get me started on live podcasts with a studio audience. Fuck, they managed to take the whole concept of the Live Album and somehow make it worse!

moorey

call me Mia
On that note though LTIH:
Podcasts! :p

Just kidding although the weird incestuous podcast cottage industry does give me the shits at times. I can't stand the constant -almost inescapable- ads for the same old products like Square Space, Manscaping and Stamps.com and the fact that half a podcast these days seems to be the host talking about the time that they went on the guests podcasts. It does seem to be one big circle-jerk at times.

Oh and don't get me started on live podcasts with a studio audience. Fuck, they managed to take the whole concept of the Live Album and somehow make it worse!
I’m a Patreon to my favourite podcasts, so have an ad free option. Other platforms also remove ads. I don’t think Spotify have them on others I subscribe to on there.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I’m a Patreon to my favourite podcasts, so have an ad free option. Other platforms also remove ads. I don’t think Spotify have them on others I subscribe to on there.
It’s the ads that are read out by the hosts themselves that give me the shits. Sky’s F1 podcast in particular as it’s essentially advertising for Sky’s F1 coverage and is bankrolled by a billion dollar organisation (run by an utter cunt)
They don’t need to force a former F1 world champion like Damon Hill to read out scripted lengthy ‘conversations’ about fucking manscaping

moorey

call me Mia
It’s the ads that are read out by the hosts themselves that give me the shits. Sky’s F1 podcast in particular as it’s essentially advertising for Sky’s F1 coverage and is bankrolled by a billion dollar organisation (run by an utter cunt)
They don’t need to force a former F1 world champion like Damon Hill to read out scripted lengthy ‘conversations’ about fucking manscaping
Can’t comment on those. Some I listen to that do have ads, actually make them really inappropriate and fun, and are as good as the rest of the content. I often wonder if the advertisers listen.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
If you want some motorsport (and car) podcast interviews sans ads I can't recommend Collecting Cars by Chris Harris enough. One ad that serves as an introduction at the start and another interval one halfway through - neither long enough to even bother skipping through. Plus he's a fantastic interviewer.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I like driving to Arapiles (when the border is open) listening to Tony Martin's Sizzletown.

When he got a sponsor on board, they went with his vibe, and allow him to heckle them in his style. Works really well, and I have no doubt they have sold a few bottles of wine because of it.

Good advertising can be done. It just rarely is.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
If you want some motorsport (and car) podcast interviews sans ads I can't recommend Collecting Cars by Chris Harris enough. One ad that serves as an introduction at the start and another interval one halfway through - neither long enough to even bother skipping through. Plus he's a fantastic interviewer.
Yeah Chris Harris is great. I’m glad Top Gear kept him on when they changed it up again.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I like driving to Arapiles (when the border is open) listening to Tony Martin's Sizzletown.
God damn he is brilliant. I used to drive my family / friends insane endlessly quoting Tum n Phul, Blast FM, Patrick Stewart and his other eleventy billion funny af impersonations.
Yeah Chris Harris is great. I’m glad Top Gear kept him on when they changed it up again.
IMO controversy time but Chris Harris is better than any of the original three, even the mighty James May. His passion is more evident, he has more knowledge and he can actually drive.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
God damn he is brilliant. I used to drive my family / friends insane endlessly quoting Tum n Phul, Blast FM, Patrick Stewart and his other eleventy billion funny af impersonations.

IMO controversy time but Chris Harris is better than any of the original three, even the mighty James May. His passion is more evident, he has more knowledge and he can actually drive.
I remember when he joined Pistonheads a decade ago - he was a great addition as he could distill the character of a car so well.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't like to split those two as my favourites of all the presenters. I also like rutledge from the first american version. It does annoy me on the current UK show how much they pick on harris. it feels a lot like bullying when hes really the one carrying the show.

as for joe rogan, I liked his podcasts to start with, they were long form and could go off on many tangents which were interesting. after a while you start to realise he isnt as well read as he likes to think and refuses to budge on some pretty dumb positions.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I remember when he joined Pistonheads a decade ago - he was a great addition as he could distill the character of a car so well.
Yeah he's superb at that. I can (and have) listen to him drone on about various Porsches until the end of time. Makes you feel like you're actually in the car with him, or even driving it.
I wouldn't like to split those two as my favourites of all the presenters. I also like rutledge from the first american version.
Tanner Foust was pretty underrated from whichever one of the 37 reboots of Top Gear USA he was in. I haven't actually watched much of The Grand Tour - the first season felt like some good segments bobbing around in a sea of infantile / lame shite, and May looked bored or irritated through most of it except for the historical segments he could do without the other man children interfering.