Little Things You Hate

workmx

Banned
Violet send your Father-in-law around to live with Dozer for a couple of weeks... by all accounts, his use of the TV volume knob will sort things out.

Additonally it will give you a break.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unrealistically hard exams. A semester of hard work and come exam time, I go from an HD to a Cr. If I hadn't put in the work, I would have no objection. But there are over 100 students in a 180 student course who have to sit a supplementary exam, simply because this exam was unrealistically hard. It was longer, more specific and used more complex concepts than exams in previous years.

While I realise I still scored in the top end of the cohort, I'm looking at doing medicine next year and am reliant on my GPA for entry which is concerned with my raw score, not how well I did compared to everyone else. It feels like beating your head against a wall.
I know what you mean mate,

I was dealt a rough hand when a peer ended up with a 7 and myself a 5.

He scored 5% better in 35% of coursework and only 3% better in the 65% exam. Bloody weird marking scheme. Another reason why grades should be more specific, eg going into decimal places.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Violet send your Father-in-law around to live with Dozer for a couple of weeks... by all accounts, his use of the TV volume knob will sort things out.

Is he a violent man? If so, send him my way! ;) We'll get along juuuuuuust fine.

XCRider94

Likes Dirt
the little things that i hate are:

• Cars getting too close to you when riding on the road
  • People tailgating you
  • Magpie season
  • People not indicating

Norco Maniac

Is back!

oh, i wish. and he's a retired mechanic...

Is he a violent man? If so, send him my way! ;) We'll get along juuuuuuust fine.

again...i wish!

earplugs have been my sanity escape-valve - especially as i'm up at 6am-in bed at 9.30pm, and they're up at 10am - in bed at 12.30am. and i'm a dreadful light sleeper. the teeve goes on when they get up to when they go...at high volume Foxtel shite, all day, every day.

kill me now.

MasterOfReality

After forever
My problem is my TV and sound system are on the opposite side of the house to their windows. I'm thinking of airing a few races outside whilst sitting back next to the fire, that'll fix 'em. The other problem is they are lightweights and usually get drunk in a few sips and hit the floor on a Sunday night and won't wake up as they are totally rooted from the previous night sinking lolly water.
I'm thinking it is time I bought Halloween to their house; Mike Myer's style dress up and some real fear should send them packing. ;)

www.liquidass.com

Take cap off, pour around front door, preferably all over door mat and step.

rone

Eats Squid
I'm hearing ya! Lets just say the letterbox has been launched into the atmosphere by an unknown offender and not exactly landed in an area that is retrievable for the owner of said letterbox. What would one suggest is the next best thing to do? I have a few tubes of liquid nails that could hold some doors shut quite well. I guess that could keep some noise down a little?
Put this on through a LOUD system, open the windows facing their house. Go out.

[video=youtube;jRHmvy5eaG4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRHmvy5eaG4&feature=related[/video]

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
do they have a large dog? even better if you save their weekly load for their monday morning doorstep. envorin-mental friendly, even!
They have a small mindless dog that never goes outside and just barks barks barks. The house was owner built three years ago in a new area, is unfinished, has zero landscaping (I'm talking red effing clay), is constantly wet from holding water, has no curtains so noise is bloody amplified, the senior person of the house is 17 years old as the mother left the husband because she was sick of living in a messy hole (get pro active bitch and do it yourself!), the father has buggered off to "work in the mines"................. so they get two uni students to move in and live with the 17 year old. I've spoken to them at length about keeping the noise down and making sure they empty the rubbish each week as the place stinks. It is a hole and totally drags the rest of the pristine area down. I've lodged complaints with the Council about the place and they responded by giving them a camping permit to live in an unfinished house!!!!!!!!!!!!! The clay run off when it rains runs straight down onto the street and settles in the kerb outside my place and we have to drive that crap up and down our driveway. I've given up on the council as they are as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike. I've also told the council I am not paying any rates until they force these lazy pigs to get their arse into gear and clean their place up.
Back to the dog story........the one day it was outside it bolted to my front lawn and dropped a turd on my nice lawn. They called the dog back and put it back inside. I got a plastic bag and picked up the dog shit and launched it straight back at their house three weeks ago. It landed near the front door.

It is still there.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Back to the dog story........the one day it was outside it bolted to my front lawn and dropped a turd on my nice lawn. They called the dog back and put it back inside. I got a plastic bag and picked up the dog shit and launched it straight back at their house three weeks ago. It landed near the front door.

It is still there.
welcome to Coffs Harbour. ask Dylan why he and his twin sis are moving into my house...and don't think for a moment i'm not shitting myself that i'll lose my house over it, considering how useless police and insurance companies are!

my neighbour's lawn was literally carpeted in cigarette butts while he had his mates playing death metal 24-7 in the house, and my other neighbour moved a prostitute in who worked from home. yay for having her clients knock on my door 'cause she couldn't say the address right...

i should stop whinging about Adelaide, right?

MasterOfReality

After forever
For the dog, my mate had one living next door to him. It went nuts everytime my mate walked outside into his backyard. So one day he got one of the rings from the kiddies cap guns, went to the fence and smacked them with a hammer when the dog was about to go mental. Didn't bark on that side of the house after that lol. Ultrasonic sirens are good too.

For the noise, get rid of the muffler on your lawnmower and whipper snipper. Mow the lawn as early as legally possible. Let lawnmower warm up first. I had to do this when my dickhead neighbours used to throw parties all night, every second night. Requests for peace and quiet were scorned. Worked for a while then they resumed. I then got my drop saw out in the morning and started cutting old timber down the side of my house, which was where their bedrooms are. They had just crashed into bed after a huge night on the piss. From then on they have kept the noise reasonable. This happened 4 years ago.

Another one that I heard and would be awesome, especially if they have a colorbond roof, is to catch a toad, tie a sinker to its back leg and lob it up onto their roof at night.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
A good friend of mine (and someone you don't want to cross) used to keep Alsatians. Beautiful dogs, boy and girl and she used to breed puppies. Dogs were inside a 5' timber fence, didn't bark or cause trouble. Had the full council permits etc etc. Anyway some mental midget down the street bought a rat on a string and used to take it walkies. The dog would defecate every day outside my friend's place once each way past; as an act of defiance to the larger dogs or out of pure bloody mindless fright we don't know. Friend went politely to neighbour's house a couple of times to ask the neighbour to clean up the crap instead of walking away. On about the third attempt said neighbour just yelled abuse and slammed the door. So my friend collected the crap. Every day. For a year. The went to the neighbour's door and knocked. When the guy opened the door she threw 365 turds in his face. Some white with age, some hard, some nice and fresh.

No more dog poo problems.

Keep us posted on the liquid retaliation...

Knut

Troll hunter
Put a flier out letting everyone know he is selling cheap surf wear and boards. Use high quality brand names etc. watch the wannabes turn up at his front door then.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
i should also add to my whinge that i put my foot down, after the dickhead that dropped him when he met me, on account that my other half *might* have gone to NSW (albeit opened another market in another state)...and now that the "mate" who you sponsored as a rider, who managed to alienate everyone in the local tracks has gone home, now my other half has been approached again by you, and has has asked if he could be a partially sponsored rider...

as if.

and you don't even ride, Mr Elite Racing Supplies. you don't even ride, you just you sit at the track and talk about how good you *used* to be....and going thru the records....um, you weren't even on the racing noms.

Last edited: