Little Things You Hate

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
But serious, being 17 I do have a limited experience in different cars. Regardless, it annoys me that there isnt much out there in terms of a reasonably modern, safe, smallish RWD car. A golf, focus, or a lancer would be great but I just cant love a FWD car.
There's a few actually. Virtually every major maker sells a small RWD cab chassis ute that (these days) is usually four stars or better. The older ones aren't much better than a nearly new Great Wall but they have great RWD potential and don't cost much. For the Love of Huey...don't get a Great Wall...especially a 4WD diesel version [shudder]

LTIH: Roundabout chicken when I'm the one on the bike.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
out of the multitude of NA and turbo 4, 6 and 8 cylinder vehicles i've owned and modified (heavily)... i'm still adamant my $1300 1987 light blue ford laser with a leaking head gasket and barely enough power to pull the skin off a custard was the most fun car i ever owned.
My normal drive is a modified Focus ST, but for the past week I've been driving a 2005 Hyundai Getz, and I am having as much fun in that car as I have ever had in my Focus. It's incomparably slower, and it's so much more fun for the fact. In order for the Focus to give you a scare you have to be going well above any speed limits - but a Getz gives the same rush at the speed limit :crazy:

Oh, and it also does mad skids.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Yeah sadly called it. AJ came out in press about a week ago saying he was axing it cos ticket sales were slack. Melb did okay but brisbane was never going to go ahead. No festivals make money anymore! Parklife is gone, and another is about to be announced to be downgraded over summer... Harvest was one of the best ones though :(
Which summer one?

Still stewing about this. Worst thing is that I was hoping the Harvest setup was a bit of a sign of things to come for festivals: smaller lineup, but fewer clashes and longer sets as a result. Apparently what punters actually want though is a star-studded, 6-page lineup that has them running around all day like mad chickens, trying to decide what to see and what to miss, and paying through the arse for the prviilege.

Only consolation is that I've already got tickets to see the Drones at the metro, and hopefully there'll be priority tickets for the Massive Attack tour that I assume is coming. Then I just need to try and tee up Primus and Eels shows, and maybe it won't hurt so much...

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Which summer one?

Still stewing about this. Worst thing is that I was hoping the Harvest setup was a bit of a sign of things to come for festivals: smaller lineup, but fewer clashes and longer sets as a result. Apparently what punters actually want though is a star-studded, 6-page lineup that has them running around all day like mad chickens, trying to decide what to see and what to miss, and paying through the arse for the prviilege.

Only consolation is that I've already got tickets to see the Drones at the metro, and hopefully there'll be priority tickets for the Massive Attack tour that I assume is coming. Then I just need to try and tee up Primus and Eels shows, and maybe it won't hurt so much...
Can't really say which summa one.... if you get my drift. Fairly sure Massive Attack are teeing up a tour so you should be in luck there :)
Yeah this one getting axed is getting replaced by a MUCH smaller version (ala, Parklife to Listen Out transformation) based on a Bondi festival that is apparently pretty successful.

Ticket prices are through the roof cos some companies like running stupid bills for your aforementioned summation of festivals these days. Future Entertainment (ie. Future Music Festival) went into liquidation 2 weeks ago (FMF14 still going ahead though). That and the days of 35,000 patron festivals just don't exist anymore with people so scared about economy and blah blah.

*FTR, I know nothing....

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LTIH: Sharing a bucket load of intellectual property, implementing a number of processes and procedures to streamline the small family ran business and mitigate financial risk only be made redundant a few months later... Thanks alot! :crazy:

[/rant]

scblack

Leucocholic
LTIH: Sharing a bucket load of intellectual property, implementing a number of processes and procedures to streamline the small family ran business and mitigate financial risk only be made redundant a few months later... Thanks alot! :crazy:

[/rant]
Bad news mate - hope you land on your feet quickly.

Norco Maniac

Is back!

[/rant]

hear you on that one. i got sacked from a job i'd held for six years, putting bucketloads of time, energy and promotional work into it simply because i believed in the business, only to have a false accusation planted on me because the bosses were friends with my ex-sister-in-law.

in more recent news, my OH was sacked from his racing team because another team rider in his class who is a drinking buddy of the team boss had a cry about my OH beating him on an increasingly frequent basis. :drama: this rider isn't even riding our current series :drama:

LTIL - my OH going out last weekend in his own normal race gear on an unmarked older bike and still dominating the class, beating two riders a fair bit younger than him - while the team boss watched and the sooking rider didn't show at all.

setonz

Likes Dirt
hear you on that one. i got sacked from a job i'd held for six years, putting bucketloads of time, energy and promotional work into it simply because i believed in the business, only to have a false accusation planted on me because the bosses were friends with my ex-sister-in-law.

in more recent news, my OH was sacked from his racing team because another team rider in his class who is a drinking buddy of the team boss had a cry about my OH beating him on an increasingly frequent basis. :drama: this rider isn't even riding our current series :drama:

LTIL - my OH going out last weekend in his own normal race gear on an unmarked older bike and still dominating the class, beating two riders a fair bit younger than him - while the team boss watched and the sooking rider didn't show at all.[/QUOTE

^^^^^ Like .

Hopefully the karma train runs them both over.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Front wheel drive cars. There are so many cars that would be so so good if only they were RWD/AWD.
Another car LTIH: that all the examples of the car I'm currently shopping for seem to be black. They look shit in black! And there's all the normal headaches of a black car. Why the hell did people choose black in the first place?

stinky1138

Likes Dirt

wavike

Likes Dirt
Another car LTIH: that all the examples of the car I'm currently shopping for seem to be black. They look shit in black! And there's all the normal headaches of a black car. Why the hell did people choose black in the first place?
So they can drive around at dusk without lights, when every other car has parkers on, and see how many near misses than can clock up.

wombat

Lives in a hole
problem solved. And some cars look good in black, or metallic black is pretty cool. Our car is silver, makes her look like an old woman :(

http://www.getdipped.com.au/index.html
http://www.plastidip.net.au/home
Yeah if the car looked good in black I'd understand, but it doesn't; black just obscures the shape and makes it look like a blob. So you just get a stinking hot blob that always looks dirty.

Plastidip looks like fun, and I plan on using it for a couple if things, but its too expensive to do a whole car, and so's vinyl. :(

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
If you buy a Trans-Am in anything other than black you need your head examined!