Little Things You Hate

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
so its ok for roadies to abuse me while traveling at mach 5 as I walk along the fernleigh track (shared path) and not have any intention of slowing down or dropping back into single file as they pass..I guess the rules only apply to non road bike users?
I guess I shouldn't tar them all with the same brush, as I met a polite one along the track once.....ONCE!
Nobody said that was ok.

REEEEEE SOME PEOPLE ARE ARSEHOLES SO NOW EVERYONE IS RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

bear the bear

Is a real bear
LTIH: While accelerating hard off the lights up a short hill on my way into the city, I suddenly stepped on nothing and went arse over apex. Turns out that my Shimano Ultegra cassette has let a single cog go, rotating independent of the rest of the cassette. This has happened to me once before, and I have never heard of it happening to someone else. I am really pissed off, it's as bad as a chain breaking but far less understandable because of how well reinforced that area is. How have Shimano's standards fallen so low? They used to make absoutely bombproof gear.
Which sprocket was it? I know both XTR & Dura-ace have had issues in the past with the carriers/ rivets but not Ultegra

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
LTIH: While accelerating hard off the lights up a short hill on my way into the city, I suddenly stepped on nothing and went arse over apex. Turns out that my Shimano Ultegra cassette has let a single cog go, rotating independent of the rest of the cassette. This has happened to me once before, and I have never heard of it happening to someone else. I am really pissed off, it's as bad as a chain breaking but far less understandable because of how well reinforced that area is. How have Shimano's standards fallen so low? They used to make absoutely bombproof gear.
"Hello. Its your reliable doppelganger. I use a 10 sp 11-36 XT cassette on my silent reliable Lynskey and its great.

Oh and if you rotate your Kmc or Connex chains regularly, you can get the chainrings and cassette to last 8 chains.

Your welcome."

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
so its ok for roadies to abuse me while traveling at mach 5 as I walk along the fernleigh track (shared path) and not have any intention of slowing down or dropping back into single file as they pass..I guess the rules only apply to non road bike users?
I guess I shouldn't tar them all with the same brush, as I met a polite one along the track once.....ONCE!
So many dickheads use that track.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Have you ridden along there lately?

It's much improved in the last couple of years with pedestrian and cycle traffic separated. I only ride along there once every couple of weeks after a dirty commute but have not seen any pedestrians/runners etc. wandering from their lanes nor bikes in the pedestrian lanes.
No, not for several years. It was already separated but bikes were passing bikes in the walkies lane. A big splash would have been good.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Have you ridden along there lately?

It's much improved in the last couple of years with pedestrian and cycle traffic separated. I only ride along there once every couple of weeks after a dirty commute but have not seen any pedestrians/runners etc. wandering from their lanes nor bikes in the pedestrian lanes.
There was a fatality on the Bicentennial Bikeway with a cyclist crashing into railing in 2016.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Which sprocket was it? I know both XTR & Dura-ace have had issues in the past with the carriers/ rivets but not Ultegra
That was the problem I had with the one before these - the rivet basically burst out of the plastic surround. I haven't had a chance to check these but I'd bet it's the same thing just off the feel. Have you heard whether those problems were resolved? I don't particularly want to get a SRAM cassette but I don't want to smack my nutsack on the stem again either.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
That was the problem I had with the one before these - the rivet basically burst out of the plastic surround. I haven't had a chance to check these but I'd bet it's the same thing just off the feel. Have you heard whether those problems were resolved? I don't particularly want to get a SRAM cassette but I don't want to smack my nutsack on the stem again either.
Shimano never acknowledged the issue but I believe they issued an update to the cassettes themselves. If you google dura-ace creak there is a number of posts on other sites about the issue. However have never heard the same issue with Ultegra.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Good thread here:

Minlak

custom titis
I think I want a new dual suspension bike. I am so much enjoying the 140mm Hardtail and I have been having a few pedal strikes on the smuggler that have me losing some confidence in my riding. I hate having to decide and I hate not really having the money to change bikes at the moment. 2nd hand bikes should be worth more than they are but the culture of the bargain has crept in its so hard to get people not to buy on price alone. Sigh.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Not really sure how you got here from there, but...no. It's not.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
American online stores and their inability to accept the world outside of America exists - and that it might also have credit cards that otherwise work fine...

ffs, how hard can it be to give the fuckers money...?