Little Things You Hate

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Guess there is history here, but seems parks just closed illegal tracks?
That have been there for time immeasurable. And I'd be willing to put money on them never even remotely considering giving a local group the opportunity to make it meet standards and maintain it.

We've seemingly moved into an era of heavy handed "us vs them" tactics. "You're getting a trail network in Warburton, therefore everything else should be a blue trail", or just not exist at all. I've never been involved with dealing with parks, but i can feel a big shift over this end of the world from the safe distance I keep.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

slowmick

38-39"
Parks are busy closing tracks that have been around since the 70's or 80s. Something has set them off on this one - they've tuned a not so blind to this trail for a long time - hell, they made a nice entry to the trail with Lilydale toppings the last time the redid the fire road.

Maybe it was the 6+ foot drop built off the fallen tree on the way down.

Still pissed they filled all the trails and jumps in at the bottom.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I'm inclined to think that bashing PV on this is just taking the easiest and laziest shot. There's always more to something when stuff that some actual PV staff like to use get closed or simplified because of 'due process' or 'policy directives'.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I'm inclined to think that bashing PV on this is just taking the easiest and laziest shot. There's always more to something when stuff that some actual PV staff like to use get closed or simplified because of 'due process' or 'policy directives'.
I'd usually tend to at least sit on the fence, but I've seen to much of it locally now to look at it from that angle. Consultation with local groups is minimal, if it even exists. and it seems to be more of a case of "this is Gunna happen" than "hey, let's work this out".

Maybe there is more to it? But from this angle I can't see how they have the MTB communities best interests in mind, and that's where my priorities are.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Parks seem to making chunts of themselves at several spots in Vic at the moment.
They've done their first crag closure at Mt Arapiles. Declaration crag closed. More to come methinks.

Meanwhile the wholesale destruction of sensitive areas, as they create their cash cow Peaks Walking Trail in the Grampians, continues unabated.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I'd usually tend to at least sit on the fence, but I've seen to much of it locally now to look at it from that angle. Consultation with local groups is minimal, if it even exists. and it seems to be more of a case of "this is Gunna happen" than "hey, let's work this out".

Maybe there is more to it? But from this angle I can't see how they have the MTB communities best interests in mind, and that's where my priorities are.

How long has it been known they’re illegal tracks and were there warnings? Has bike traffic increased?

It’s a conservation area isn’t it? The interests of mountain bikers was never likely of interest, nor should it always be. It shouldn’t be your only interest here too - there are other priorities for such areas, especially so close to Melbourne.

Anyway, been nearly 20 years since I lived in Wantirna and spent any time mountain biking around there. But I stand by my criticism of those puerile and aggressive posts...

Last edited:

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hospital administration - seems I needed a new referral for my last appointment, and they called me and mailed me. you mean the missed calls from private number, and the mail that was postmarked the day of the appointment. and thanks for giving me 2 days from Monday to get that referral, another half day from work in the same week. couldn't have said when I made the appointment, or in the huge mail that I get before it. At least this time they didn't send the appointment paperwork to my neighbour.

get sent to radiology to make appointment, half an hour the front desk hasnt seen anyone in line so UI decide I'll phone the number on the form to make appointment. 4 calls over 2 days before someone answers. get told I need to mail in the referral first to an address not mentioned on the form. Mail it in right away, no response. Chase up asking if they got it and do I need to call to follow up. They respond 2 days later saying I need to send in the referral as an attachment. You mean the one on the mail you are replying to?

I've met some really great people as doctors and nurses, but hospital admin is a clusterfuck.

Haakon

hospital administration - seems I needed a new referral for my last appointment, and they called me and mailed me. you mean the missed calls from private number, and the mail that was postmarked the day of the appointment. and thanks for giving me 2 days from Monday to get that referral, another half day from work in the same week. couldn't have said when I made the appointment, or in the huge mail that I get before it. At least this time they didn't send the appointment paperwork to my neighbour.

get sent to radiology to make appointment, half an hour the front desk hasnt seen anyone in line so UI decide I'll phone the number on the form to make appointment. 4 calls over 2 days before someone answers. get told I need to mail in the referral first to an address not mentioned on the form. Mail it in right away, no response. Chase up asking if they got it and do I need to call to follow up. They respond 2 days later saying I need to send in the referral as an attachment. You mean the one on the mail you are replying to?

I've met some really great people as doctors and nurses, but hospital admin is a clusterfuck.
No funding... It’s worse again when you add in dealing with an insurance company working hard to find an excuse to not pay you.

Government has approved premium rises again, be ready for more people dropping insurance and the governments not increasing funding to the public system - those wait times will increase again.

Flow-Rider

Burner
How long has it been known they’re illegal tracks and were there warnings? Has bike traffic increased?

It’s a conservation area isn’t it? The interests of mountain bikers was never likely of interest, nor should it always be. It shouldn’t be your only interest here too - there are other priorities for such areas, especially so close to Melbourne.

Anyway, been nearly 20 years since I lived in Wantirna and spent any time mountain biking around there. But I stand by my criticism of those puerile and aggressive posts...
I see the same here but what gets me is that no one has any interest in trail maintenance until the trail is shut down but everyone is happy to ride the trail to a point where it's all rutted and blown out.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

I'd hazard a guess that a trail that's been in existence since some of these rangers were watching ninja turtles has significantly less cultural or environmental impact than the active wear brigade that flocks to the hills daily to walk up some stairs.

There might be more to it, I didnt say there wasn't, but the way closures and feature removals have been handled of late has been appalling. I completely understand the frustration being vented by these people given recent history. And if it offends, I'd probably recommend finding a new internet, because that was dining table banter compared to the shitshows I see elsewhere.

Haakon

I'd hazard a guess that a trail that's been in existence since some of these rangers were watching ninja turtles has significantly less cultural or environmental impact than the active wear brigade that flocks to the hills daily to walk up some stairs.

There might be more to it, I didnt say there wasn't, but the way closures and feature removals have been handled of late has been appalling. I completely understand the frustration being vented by these people given recent history. And if it offends, I'd probably recommend finding a new internet, because that was dining table banter compared to the shitshows I see elsewhere.

Yeah, assume there’s more to it.
That sort of language is just dumb though. For one, it’s just dumb. In a world of LNP voters I’m accustomed to dealing with dumb though.

But it also just eliminates any residual credibility the writer may still have had and gets no one anywhere.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say

Know how you feel but if there's no coin in the budget nor the available staff to do the community consultation then they just the bare minimum of write a draft plan (that will never be approved nor properly implemented) and post it on the website asking for comments (but not actually promoting the fact that it is there) before removing it from the site...and ticking yet another box saying 'output delivered'.

This is what they call public service in these politically tedious and economically constrained days...

Haakon

Know how you feel but if there's no coin in the budget nor the available staff to do the community consultation then they just the bare minimum of write a draft plan (that will never be approved nor properly implemented) and post it on the website asking for comments (but not actually promoting the fact that it is there) before removing it from the site...and ticking yet another box saying 'output delivered'.

This is what they call public service in these politically tedious and economically constrained days...
Pretty much. Want better outcomes on all these little issues, vote in a government that invests in the public service instead of demonising them.