Little Things You Hate

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
LTIH - lightning. Just had 3 simultaneous flash/bangs in about 5 minutes. The last blast lit up the inside of the house. Can still fell it in my chest. I love storms, and have never felt intimidated by lightning before today. Shit was nasty...
I was never worried about lighting until one late arvo summer storm where I felt one of the 'risers' (potential strike points) rise out of my neck - it quite literally made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Then a second later the bolt dropped and struck the top of a shopping centre roof about 50m away and knocked all the lights out (not mine though fortunately!). The storm cloud was still about 3km off. I still don't fear lighting, but do respect it more now. The sound of the strike felt like a cannon had gone off!

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I was never worried about lighting until one late arvo summer storm where I felt one of the 'risers' (potential strike points) rise out of my neck - it quite literally made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Then a second later the bolt dropped and struck the top of a shopping centre roof about 50m away and knocked all the lights out (not mine though fortunately!). The storm cloud was still about 3km off. I still don't fear lighting, but do respect it more now. The sound of the strike felt like a cannon had gone off!
I've been on live artillery, grenade and explosives ranges in my past. The Army used to do some crazy shit back in the early 90's. I've felt plenty of HE up close and personal (in bunkers and out). The 3rd one today was as big an explosion as I've heard and felt. Didn't find what it hit yet. It rained until dark and there was a lot of what seemed to be horizontal lightning. No bangs, just light whipping all around ..... I stayed under cover.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A fully rigid fork costs at the very cheapest $120...

A cheap suspension fork, eg a Suntour XCR costs $49

How the fuck can you not build a steel rigid fork cheaper than something with moving parts, seals and a spring.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
A fully rigid fork costs at the very cheapest $120...

A cheap suspension fork, eg a Suntour XCR costs $49

How the fuck can you not build a steel rigid fork cheaper than something with moving parts, seals and a spring.
Hipster Tax. I recently made the same discovery. Changed my mind real quick.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Nope.

By doing this peeps behind are forced to slow down after getting advanced notice of the manoeurvre.

Pulling front in means reversing into traffic. Blind.
How so, you just look for oncoming traffic... And you’re out and on your way much faster than back in...

And what street width got to with front or back entry?

Actually genuinely curious about this oddity. Can’t think of anywhere else in the world that does.

Also got pulled over by a highway patrol cop for doing a u turn at a traffic light. Apparently that’s not a thing in NSW? Wtf guys?!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
If you are parked with a large car next to you in the direction you need to see, you end up backing out into a live traffic lane with no visibility.

Stop being such a trail blazer with your awesome observation. You are wrong. Just park front in, and I hope you get booked.

Haakon

If you are parked with a large car next to you in the direction you need to see, you end up backing out into a live traffic lane with no visibility.

Stop being such a trail blazer with your awesome observation. You are wrong. Just park front in, and I hope you get booked.
But it’s the same coming front out..? Seriously though, what’s the history of it? It is the odd one out.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Also got pulled over by a highway patrol cop for doing a u turn at a traffic light. Apparently that’s not a thing in NSW? Wtf guys?!
you are very lucky you didn't end up in supermax, cop must have been having a good day
public service dweeb, driving an Alfa in a small country town, doing a U'y at the lights, on a VIC drivers licence!...all the ingredients are there.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
But it’s the same coming front out..? Seriously though, what’s the history of it? It is the odd one out.
Doesn’t give all the answers, just an overview:

Took me by surprise as well when I bought a car in Sydney and drove back to Adelaide. No u turn at traffic lights here either unless there is a sign permitting it.

Haakon

you are very lucky you didn't end up in supermax, cop must have been having a good day
public service dweeb, driving an Alfa in a small country town, doing a U'y at the lights, on a VIC drivers licence!...all the ingredients are there.
He did scare the shit of, roared up at a million miles an hour light and siren blazing an inch off my bumper... Dickhead... I thought he was off to an emergency and trying to bully me out of his way at first! Wtf?

Haakon

Doesn’t give all the answers, just an overview:

Took me by surprise as well when I bought a car in Sydney and drove back to Adelaide. No u turn at traffic lights here either unless there is a sign permitting it.
Yep saw that. Just left me curiouser :)

Really? Huh. Victoria it’s permitted unless there is sign saying it isn’t...

Add road rules to the long list of shit that should be nationalised....