Little Things You Love

safreek

I've just gotten keen on pushbikes again after years of on and off interest but this time I actually want a modern bike instead of an early 90s anchor. It's made it all like a new language but I'm loving trying to decipher it all and identify what suits my needs.

I live just near the Nerang trails so I'm hoping over Christmas a gumtree bargain pops up for something mid to late 00's, dual sus and reasonably spec'd (not tourney or Altus) for the 600ish mark. I easily get caught up trying to just push into that next bracket I can't afford but hopefully a bargain shows up.

Don't have Facey so don't love how most of the sales pages are private.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Over 21 to blow bubbles, seems pretty nanny state. They look like something I saw in a tobacconist shop, obviously not though.
Think it's great that normal companies are embracing the weed economy, don't get me wrong, I don't want it legalised, just decriminalised.
By the way, joints are the only way to go :D
Not if you're a non-smoker.

safreek

Haha that ones on my watchlist. Same guy had a Banshee I was keen on but waiting on a payout to come through, sold before I got to it.
Not the banshee with the monsters, man, I so wanted it.
The fuel isn't really my kind of bike but a good cheapie to get you rolling. Some absolute bargains come up at times.
Moorey lined me up with a yeti asx from one of his mates, absolutely a bargain.
Honestly, most of the bikes I have had have cost around 500 or less. I think the only one that cost me more was the astrix huckster

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Yeah that's kinda what I'm hanging out for. There was a carbon s-works the other week for 500 and a mate was about to grab it for 350 but it got picked up on his way. I either need that bargain or one that's a little pricey that slips through the cracks so I can offer less.

I started doing some reading when I first saw that trek, seems it's like the year before they were good so it's put me off a bit but obviously when you're a broke arse you take what you can and I doubt I'll be pushing anything to it's limits anyway but I like the idea of xt and reasonable shocks.

This thing has caught my eye but it's a fair bit older than what I would've liked.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag

safreek

Or this thing? Euro stuff scares me a little but sounds like they were serious gear in their day.

BMC Fourstroke dual suspension MTB,

Still a little older than I would've liked
Damn, if it's not to fucked jump on it, good fun to start with and negotiable.
Can't go wrong for that price

slowmick

38-39"
Huge thing I love

My wife left her wallet on the roof of the car while putting our daughter in her car seat and the drove off with it still up there. Looked for it for an hour in the Melbourne heat before coming to my work to get money for groceries. Got home a couple of hours to find this on the front verandah.

In this often tough and shit world - be like Steve. The world needs more Steves.

Merry Christmas to all.

Last edited:

safreek

Huge thing I love

My wife left her wallet on the roof of the car while putting our daughter in her car seat and the drove off with it still up there. Looked for it for an hour in the Melbourne heat before coming to my work to get money for groceries. Got home a couple of hours to find this on the front verandah.

View attachment 358104

In this often tough and shit world - be like Steve. The world needs more Steves.

Merry Christmas to all.
Funnily enough I found a wallet full of cash at a local shopping centre yesterday, phoned the business card and contacted the dude. Left it at the fish and chip shop.
Fuck that money would of been handy but I couldn't Grinch it and feel good about myself.
I sometimes hate my moral compass

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Funnily enough I found a wallet full of cash at a local shopping centre yesterday, phoned the business card and contacted the dude. Left it at the fish and chip shop.
Fuck that money would of been handy but I couldn't Grinch it and feel good about myself.
I sometimes hate my moral compass
Yeah, finding the off switch for your conscience seems to make a lot of people wealthy and happy. Been looking for mine for years with no luck...

safreek

Huge thing I love

View attachment 358104

Merry Christmas to all.
Certainly a legend, and wished you a Merry Xmas. How good is that.

safreek

Yeah, finding the off switch for your conscience seems to make a lot of people wealthy and happy. Been looking for mine for years with no luck...
Yeah, it's fucked when you can't rip people off, guess that's why I am financially fucked mist of the time.
I have Known and thrown friends who are morally or financially self centred.
At least most of my family sort of like me :p

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
It's working well for the two blokes I work for. The pair of them bought brand new Mercs this year, yet the way one of them was speaking to me, I seriously thought I was bring made redundant last week

safreek

It's working well for the two blokes I work for. The pair of them bought brand new Mercs this year, yet the way one of them was speaking to me, I seriously thought I was bring made redundant last week
Hate those arseholes, working for myself for similar reasons, less money but much more satisfying